5* Waters Edge in the hamlet of Landshipping is located about 2 minutes walk from the foreshore of the Cleddau Estuary known as the 'Secret Waterway.' Quiet and peaceful yet only 12 minutes drive to the boutique shopping town of Narberth or visit the Georgian harbour town of Tenby (25 minutes) with its wonderful beaches. The Pembrokeshire coast abounds in fabulous beaches and for walkers the coastal path is a must.
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Amroth 9 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Access||Car essential, Wheelchair users|
|Nearest Amenities||7 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Cardiff 142 km, Nearest railway: Narberth 12 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||Some pets are welcome - please contact the owner, No smoking at this property|
|Luxuries||Log fire, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (2), Double beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ, Private fishing lake or river|
|Access||Parking, Wheelchair users|
|Further details indoors|
The cottage layout provides:-
* A twin bedded room with TV on the ground floor with folding doors overlooking the estuary .
* The bright new family bathroom is close by. Laundry facility with an AEG washer/dryer in a cupboard!.
* Next overlooking the estuary is the living room with vaulted ceiling, wood burning stove, folding doors to the garden. Attractively furnished with ornaments, original oil paintings and prints, shelves of books, a fine Hi-Fi with attachment for own sound is provided.
Wi-Fi is possible.
* New Kitchen well provided, open to the living room, window view to estuary
* Snug - off the living room, very cosy with settee, chairs and TV DVD
* Upstairs two comfortable double bedrooms with new shower room (shower, washbasin and loo) in between - All with Views to estuary!
|Further details outdoors|
Folding doors open onto a covered sitting area with wooden garden furniture. The garden has a pretty summerhouse with additional furniture ideal for lazing whilst watching the Estuary sunsets from the west facing garden. A small gate accesses the mown footpath down to the foreshore.
* Welcome pack is provided on arrival
* The cottage is in a group of four who share the path to the foreshore
* Owners are available to assist holidaymakers
* Wheelchair users - please enquire
Tucked away in the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park, in the little village of Landshipping, Waters Edge offers peace and tranquility with birds and views with glorious sunsets looking west across the River Cleddau.
A gate from the garden opens onto a shared mown footpath down to the waters edge.
Wake up to the call of the curlews, walk along the path to the foreshore and search for 'sea asparagus'
Watch wading birds fish (herons and egrets aplenty) and discover this ancient waterway with its numerous mysterious inlets bordered by ancient woodlands.
See The Big House close by - a star of the recent 'Renovation' television series.
Enjoy a visit to the peaceful waterside village of Lawrenny where you can walk along the riverside, sit and watch the boats go by, listen in to the birds and eat at the award winning Quayside Cafe.
Visit Narberth, a little old market town with castle, lots of interesting and individual shops, antiques, pubs, excellent Spanish/Welsh deli and old fashioned award winning butchers, and much more.
Don't miss a visit to Bosherston Lily Ponds (NT), St Govan's Head, S Govan's Chapel & the two stunning beaches of Broad Haven South & Barafundle. If surfing is for you, visit Manobier or Newgale beaches. Walk the Preselli Hills and enjoy an excellent homemade lunch at Nant y Coy Mill cafe. Tenby, Saundersfoot, St Davids, and the tiny old port of Porthgain to name a few are all within easy reach and each worth a day out.
See our twitter feed @garth_weather for hourly weather and photos