Very comfortable, well equipped self catering accommodation, offering en-suite facilities and luxury heated & covered pool situated to the north of Perigord Noir, the heart of the Dordogne.
The 17th century barn, has been converted. Open plan living space with well equipped kitchen area. Luxury 11 x 5 metre pool set in established garden with many mature trees offering plenty of dappled shade. Stunning views from pool and terrace across rolling countryside.
The property is minutes away from both the Dordogne and Vézère valleys. A peaceful rural location yet situated just 800 metres from the centre of the village of Cendrieux (mini supermarket, auberge, tabac and post office), 11km south of Vergt, and 15 kms north of Le Bugue with their numerous tourist attractions, weekly markets and selection of supermarkets.
Alex and Alison, the English owners live discreetly on site.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest Amenities||1 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Bergerac 35 km, Nearest railway: Le Bugue 15 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
|Luxuries||Jacuzzi or hot tub, Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, Air conditioning, TV, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 En suites|
|Furniture||Single beds (2), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seats for 4, Lounge seats for 5|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Shared garden, BBQ, Bicycles available|
|Further details indoors|
Open plan sitting & dining area with HD ready TV, Satellite TV (Sky free to air), DVD. We have an up to 20MB broadband connection with WiFi & a good 3G mobile signal. Large selection of books & games.
Fully equipped kitchen area including full size cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, food processor, cook's knives, serving dishes, kettle, teapot and all cooking utensils. There is also a washing machine, iron & ironing board.
2 Bedrooms - Sleeping 4 adults.
1 x double - with en-suite bathroom (shower).
1 x 2 singles.
2nd bedroom with cathedral ceiling and beautiful exposed beams is accessed by steep stairs.
Bathroom (bath with shower), hairdryer.
2 mobile air-conditioning units
To minimise the amount of luggage you need to bring (especially for those flying), all bed linen and towels are provided and included in the price, including pool towels. For 2 week bookings, a fresh set of linen and towels will be provided for the 2nd week.
|Further details outdoors|
Shared luxury swimming pool - 11 x 5m, lit at night. Large Roman steps provide easy access to the pool. The pool is for the use of both gites. New - pool heater + a high quality conservatory pool cover, so that you can swim whatever the weather. Luxury 6/7 seater hot tub/jacuzzi. The cover rolls completely off the pool when not needed, or can be opened just at one end during cooler spells. The cover also provides 100% UVA and UVB protection. Whilst the pool cover and fence comply with French legislation introduced January 2004, your safety remains your own responsibility and children must be supervised by an adult at all times.
Shaded parking. Over 1/2 acre of established gardens for sole use by gite guests, with many mature trees offering plenty of dappled shade. Wide variety of fruit trees including cherry, plum, grape, apple, peach, fig, apricot and walnut
Special Offer 20% off our few remaining weeks in 2014. Prices quoted include discount.
For further information and to book, contact Alex and Alison.
Saturday arrivals after 4pm. Departure Saturdays by 10am.
We will confirm by email details of your booking together with a breakdown of the total costs, and the dates by which the deposit and final payments are due. We will forward a booking form which should be completed and returned with the 20% deposit.
The property is minutes away from both the Dordogne and Vézère valleys.
The Dordogne offers something for everyone:
Peace and tranquillity or plenty of activities, fine wines and cuisine, rivers and stunning countryside, hundreds of years of history and even a golf course nearby. Perigord Noir is the heart of the Dordogne offering a variety of landscapes, flamboyant chateaux and the centre of prehistoric history. All the main attractions are within easy reach - of which these are just a taster:-
• The vineyards of Bergerac, Bordeaux and St Emilion are within easy reach and regional delicacies include - truffles, foie gras, duck, walnuts and strawberries.
• For the energetic the rivers and stunning countryside offer are boundless opportunities for walking, horse-riding, cycling, golf (4km), canoeing and fishing or simply relaxing by the pool or on the shores of the many lakes and rivers. The Dordogne & Vezere rivers are just 15 minutes away.
• Hundreds of years of history - Prehistoric Caves – the world famous Lascaux caves are nearby, Châteaux and fortified villages. Beynac & Castelnaud Castles – are fine examples originally dating back to the 100 years war between France & England
• Some of the most beautiful villages and towns in France are within easy reach – Perigueux (regional capital), Sarlat, La Roque – Gageac, Rocamadour
A peaceful rural location yet situated just 800 metres from the centre of the village of Cendrieux (mini supermarket, auberge, tabac and post office), 11km south of Vergt, and 15 kms north of Le Bugue with their numerous tourist attractions, weekly markets and selection of supermarkets.
• Le Bugue - aquarium, re-created village, canoeing, caves
• Bastide towns - Lalinde, Monpazier, Eymet.
• Excellent shopping - Enjoy shopping the local way at one of the many local markets, or for your day to day requirements there are also numerous shopping opportunities minutes away in Le Bugue, Vergt, and the regional capital Perigueux. Not to mention within Cendrieux itself which has a mini supermarket which is open 7 days a week - supplying all the essentials including fresh bread, fresh fruit, vegetables and wine and beer. There is also a bar/tabac and a post office.