Very comfortable, well equipped self catering accommodation, offering two adjacent gites with en-suite facilities - 5 bedrooms & 4 bathrooms + luxury heated & covered pool & hottub situated to the north of Perigord Noir, the heart of the Dordogne.
We also have another property in the same village which sleeps 12 - see our other advert ref 198947.
The 17th century barn, has been converted into two gites sleeping 4 and 6 people, or perfect for a larger group of 10. Open plan living space with well equipped kitchen area. See The Gites for full details. 11 x 5 metre pool set in established garden with many mature trees offering plenty of dappled shade. Stunning views from pool and terrace across rolling countryside.
The property is minutes away from both the Dordogne and Vézère valleys. A peaceful rural location yet situated just 800 metres from the centre of the village of Cendrieux (mini supermarket, auberge, tabac and post office), 11km south of Vergt, and 15 kms north of Le Bugue with their numerous tourist attractions, weekly markets and selection of supermarkets.
|Size||Sleeps up to 10, 5 bedrooms|
|Nearest Amenities||1 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Bergerac 35 km, Nearest railway: Le Bugue 15 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
|Luxuries||Private outdoor pool (heated), Jacuzzi or hot tub, Internet access, DVD player|
|Pool||Private outdoor pool (heated)|
|General||Central heating, Air conditioning, TV, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms of which 2 Family bathrooms and 2 En suites|
|Furniture||King Beds (2), Single beds (6), Cots (2), Dining seats for 10, Lounge seats for 10|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Private outdoor pool (heated), Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ, Bicycles available|
|Access||Parking, Not suitable for wheelchair users|
|Further details outdoors|
Luxury swimming pool - 11 x 5m, lit at night. Large Roman steps provide easy access to the pool. The pool is for the use of both gites. New - pool heater + a high quality conservatory pool cover, so that you can swim whatever the weather. Luxury 6/7 seater hot tub/jacuzzi. The cover rolls completely off the pool when not needed, or can be opened just at one end during cooler spells. The cover also provides 100% UVA and UVB protection. Whilst the pool cover and fence comply with French legislation introduced January 2004, your safety remains your own responsibility and children must be supervised by an adult at all times.
Charcoal BBQ & loads of garden furniture
Shaded parking. Over 1/2 acre of established gardens for sole use by gite guests, with many mature trees offering plenty of dappled shade. Wide variety of fruit trees including cherry, plum, grape, apple, peach, fig, apricot and walnut.
For further information and to book, contact Alex and Alison.
Saturday arrivals after 4pm. Departure Saturdays by 10am. We will confirm by email details of your booking together with a breakdown of the total costs, and the dates by which the deposit and final payments are due. We will forward a booking form which should be completed and returned with the 20% deposit.
The property is minutes away from both the Dordogne and Vézère valleys.
The Dordogne offers something for everyone:
Peace and tranquillity or plenty of activities, fine wines and cuisine, rivers and stunning countryside, hundreds of years of history and even a golf course nearby. Perigord Noir is the heart of the Dordogne offering a variety of landscapes, flamboyant chateaux and the centre of prehistoric history. All the main attractions are within easy reach - of which these are just a taster:-
• The vineyards of Bergerac, Bordeaux and St Emilion are within easy reach and regional delicacies include - truffles, foie gras, duck, walnuts and strawberries.
• For the energetic the rivers and stunning countryside offer are boundless opportunities for walking, horse-riding, cycling, golf (4km), canoeing and fishing or simply relaxing by the pool or on the shores of the many lakes and rivers. The Dordogne & Vezere rivers are just 15 minutes away.
• Hundreds of years of history - Prehistoric Caves – the world famous Lascaux caves are nearby, Châteaux and fortified villages. Beynac & Castelnaud Castles – are fine examples originally dating back to the 100 years war between France & England
• Some of the most beautiful villages and towns in France are within easy reach – Perigueux (regional capital), Sarlat, La Roque – Gageac, Rocamadour
A peaceful rural location yet situated just 800 metres from the centre of the village of Cendrieux (mini supermarket, auberge, tabac and post office), 11km south of Vergt, and 15 kms north of Le Bugue with their numerous tourist attractions, weekly markets and selection of supermarkets.
• Le Bugue - aquarium, re-created village, canoeing, caves
• Bastide towns - Lalinde, Monpazier, Eymet.
• Excellent shopping - Enjoy shopping the local way at one of the many local markets, or for your day to day requirements there are also numerous shopping opportunities minutes away in Le Bugue, Vergt, and the regional capital Perigueux. Not to mention within Cendrieux itself which has a mini supermarket which is open 7 days a week - supplying all the essentials including fresh bread, fresh fruit, vegetables and wine and beer. There is also a bar/tabac and a post office.