Holiday Experience at Darwin Wharf Escape Holiday Apartments:
Our apartments typically have more space than a hotel, you get your own lounge to hang out in, your own gourmet kitchen to whip up some great meals, and of course separate bedrooms.
So if you and your friends are looking for the perfect getaway, our holiday apartments are a fantastic option – as well as being cost-effective too, because if you split the price, you might be saving more than you think!...
Wharf Escape Holiday Apartments boast 3 large bedrooms and 2 bathrooms (main with full bath) and spacious comfortable living areas fitted with luxurious furniture and fittings.
The Apartments are fully self-contained, providing guests with a relaxed and complete holiday base, minutes from everything Darwin has to offer. Designed to suit the executive traveller or family fun holiday, everyone will enjoy their time at Wharf Escape Holiday Apartments - Executive Suites.
The Wharf Escape Holiday Apartments are situated in the heart of the exciting Darwin Waterfront Complex. with spectacular sweeping views over the Darwin Convention Centre, Wave Pool, Beach Lagoon and Arafura Sea, you will enjoy the best of the Darwin lifestyle.
Convenient access to Darwin’s only safe swimming Beach Lagoon and Wave Pool, with Trendy Cafés, Day spa and Boutique Stores all at your doorstep. Take a stroll around the Boardwalk or venture through the open air Darwin Mall via the Sky Bridge. Furthermore, you can relax and unwind on your spacious balcony, sipping wine and enjoying the spectacular views over the Convention Centre and Arafura Sea. Experience the art of the famous Darwin Thunder Storm Lightning shows from the comfort of your balcony.
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Darwin Waterfont Beach lagoon 10 m|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Access||Car not necessary, Wheelchair users|
|Nearest Amenities||10 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Darwin International Airport 10 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||Pets welcome, Yes, smoking allowed|
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player, Sea view|
|Pool||Shared outdoor pool (unheated), Children's pool|
|General||Air conditioning, TV, Pool or snooker table, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 En suites|
|Furniture||Single beds (2), Double beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Shared outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony or terrace, BBQ|
|Access||Wheelchair users, Secure parking, Lift access|
|Further details indoors|
* 3 large bedrooms - Sleeps 6
* 2 bathrooms including full bath and separate shower, plus en-suite
* Bedding configuration - 2 Queen Size Beds and 2 Single Beds that can be converted to a King Size Bed
* High chair, port-a-cot, stroller, pram and 3 x Children's flip-out sofa's located in each apartment for your convenience.
* Children's toys, book, games, sports and beach equipment also supplied.
* Adults and children's DVD library
* 5 Star Hotel Quality linen provided
* Quality bathroom towels and beach towels provided
* Ducted air-conditioning throughout
* Fully equipped kitchen including - electric oven, gas cook top, fridge, dishwasher, microwave and some small appliances.
* Internal laundry, fitted with a washing machine, sink, ironing board, iron, vacuum cleaner, mop and bucket, dryer, and a small clothes drying rack is also supplied.
* Comfortable modern furniture with a 42" High Definition Plasma TV.
* Free Austar Entertainment and Wireless Internet
* Outdoor alfresco dining setting to seat 6.
* BBQ located on the balcony for you to cook up your freshly caught fish!
* Secure underground parking for 2 vehicles as well as extra guest parking.
* Garbage chute conveniently located outside the front door next to the elevator.
* 24hr self check in facility
Wharf Escape Holiday Apartments Extra's:
We also offer a range of Convenience Packs these include:
* Honeymoon pack
* Executive pack
* Aussie pack
* Chocoholic pack
* Tropical essence pack
* Breakfast pack #1 & #2
* Picnic pack
* Childrens Breakfast or Snack Pack
Convenience Packs can be ordered either during your stay (5days notice) or 1-2 weeks before your arrival, payment must be made within 24hrs of placing your order.
Check in and departure:
We have a 24hr self check in service available. Upon receiving your booking, a booking confirmation will be sent to you with all the information required to check into the apartment.
|Further details outdoors|
Located amongst the Darwin Waterfront Complex ,with the Esplanade and Wharf Precinct a short stroll away, offering spectacular picnic spots and exotic cuisine. A waterfront promenade weaves along the edge of the Harbor, providing views to the water, and quiet spaces to relax in a parkland setting.
Guests can walk, cycle or jog along the sea wall, between the beach lagoon and the open Harbor enjoying spectacular views, while experiencing fish and bird life. Dolphins often come to visit and you can see them at the Wharf Precinct cafe area, while dining at night.
Darwin Wharf Escape Holiday Apartments prime position makes it a perfect base for all your touring and outback exploring, there are tour buses which pick up and drop off just outside the complex.
The Apartments are walking distance from the CBD, thanks to a dedicated walkway which has been developed linking the Darwin Waterfront Precinct to the Darwin CBD via a sky bridge from the end of Smith St over Kitchener Drv adjoining with a glass sided lift, here you will discover an array of Restaurants, Cafes, Boutique Shopping, Tour Buses, Mitchell Street bar strip, Crocosaurus Cove and free tourist information.
For a Territory Adventure or tourist advice, visit the free tourist information office, located at the end of the walkway via the sky bridge, there you will find all the help you need to organise your day trips and outback adventures.
Litchfield Park is 1 1/2 hr's drive and an easy day trip. Kakadu is 3hrs away. There are many fishing charters also available, departing from Cullen Bay.
Darwin has a vibrant multicultural community, with excellent markets at Mindil Beach (Thursday and Sunday evenings in the dry season) and Parap (every Saturday morning), Rapid Creek and NightCliff (Sunday mornings). There are many quality art galleries which feature local contemporary and indigenous art.
Reservation & Cancellation Terms and Conditions
Reservations can be made instantly online or by email or phone. Under all circumstances it is the responsibility of the guest to review all of our policies. Securing a reservation with your deposit, means that you have read, understood and accepted the terms and conditions of our policies.
A 50% deposit of the total room cost is required within 24hrs to secure your reservation, the balance is to be paid 4 weeks before arrival. Once the booking has been processed, you will receive a Reservation Confirmation email that outlines a summary of your booking. Please review the information carefully and contact us immediately at www.wharfescape.com if you have any questions or require any changes. This email will also include important information that we urge you to read to ensure your stay at the apartments is issue free.
Maximum guests occupancy must not exceed 6 Adults and 4 children, unless otherwise agreed. If undeclared extra guests are present on arrival a $100 fee will be charged for every extra person.
Please review our Cancellation Policy below. Securing a reservation with your deposit
means that you have read, understood and accepted the terms and conditions of
our Cancellation Policy.
All Notification regarding the booking must be in writing either facsimile or email and confirmed delivery is the responsibility of the Guest.
Late check out policy:
Late check out is available at no extra charge until 12 midday, upon request, subject to availability.
Late Check out after 12 midday until 10pm attracts a $150 fee, upon request, subject to availability.
We advise that all of our guests purchase Travel Insurance, which is generally
inexpensive, but can really save a lot of emotional distress if an unforeseen event occurs. We recommend your travel insurance will cover you for airline flight and accommodation cancellation especially during the cyclone season. We also recommend you are covered for accident, illness, medical evacuation and theft.
We understand that circumstances may arise where you need to cancel your reservation. Should this occur, as Darwin Wharf Escape Holiday Apartments is a small establishment, the following cancellation fees will apply:
* For cancellations made between 0 and 30 days before the arrival date: A penalty equal to 100% of total stay will be applied.
* For cancellations made more than 30 days before the arrival date: A penalty equal to 50% of the total stay will be applied.
* We do not issue refunds or credits for flight cancellations, due to any circumstances. Please take out Travel Insurance to protect against flight changes and cancellations.
* If there is a change in dates which shortens the original booking, the original booking cost will still apply.
* Any changes to extend the booking, utilising the original dates booked, will not be penalised.
* Changes in dates, which do not utilise the original dates booked, will be treated as a cancellation and will be subject to the cancellation policy above.
* There are no refunds or credits issued for early checkouts.
No-shows are subject to a penalty equal to 100% of total stay
* No cancellations are accepted on the day of arrival or after check in. You will be charged the total of the reserved stay under all circumstances.
* No cancellations or refunds accepted in the unfortunate incident of unforeseen circumstances such as: death, accident or illness, fire, cyclone, all or any other natural disasters. Please take out Travel Insurance to protect against these types of unforeseen events.
The assigned date which calculates the notice period is specific to notification prior to 5.00pm CST of any day, after which the following day will be the assigned date. All notification must be in writing either facsimile or email and confirmed delivery is the responsibility of the Guest.
Other Property Rules:
1. Pets: small to medium pets permitted - must be advised upon booking.
2. To avoid excess cleaning charges the apartment must be left in a clean and tidy state with all rubbish and left over food items removed from the apartment upon departure (with the exception of pantry food items).
3. The use of the BBQ is subject to the following condition: that the BBQ be left in a reasonably clean condition after use so that all guests may enjoy a clean BBQ.
Credit Card Authorization Form:
We require all guests to print a copy of the credit card authorization form and fax it back to us before arrival, this is to cover any damages, excess cleaning and any extra charges, if any, after or during your stay. If we are meeting and greeting you on arrival, the form can be presented to you on arrival or you may also opt to print it out beforehand and fax or email it back to us.
If excess cleaning is required after departure, for eg: soiled/stained lounge suite and or carpets, a $250 cleaning fee will be charged to your credit card on departure. The cost to repair and replace any breakages and damages to the property and its furniture and fittings, will also be charged to your credit card on departure.
Lost and Found Policy:
Our cleaning staff are advised not to keep undergarments for more than 24hrs (for hygiene reasons), other clothing items are kept for 48hrs and miscellaneous items such as telephones and sunglasses are kept for 5 days.
If you lose any items or leave them behind, please contact us ASAP.
Darwin Wharf Escape Holiday Apartments and its employees shall not liable for any damages caused mentally or physically as a result of, or in connection with:
* Any delays or cancellations. In the event of a traveller becoming ill during
a vacation, or having to cut their vacation short, all hospital and medical expenses are the traveller's responsibility.
* Any illness or other event due to consumption of food items left behind by previous guests.
* Costs, evacuation or inconveniences caused by a tropical storm or cyclone.* Monetary crises, social unrest, political problems, economic changes, electrical outages due to weather, mechanical maintenance or construction difficulties, for any claims, losses, damages, costs, expenses, delays or loss of enjoyment, of any nature or kind whatsoever resulting from events beyond our or a supplier's reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of Nature (cyclones), flight cancellations or changes, strikes, labor disputes, lockouts, threats or acts of terrorism, acts of war or declared war, cyclones or weather conditions, diseases or epidemics/pandemics, novel or unexpected conditions and local laws.
* Absence of travel documents, visas, passports, health certificates where required. Darwin Wharf Escape Holiday Apartments is not responsible for advisement of travel and entry requirements.
* Loss of items, or for losses incurred during the reservation.
Darwin, the capital of Australia's Northern Territory, is an exciting multicultural city. It is vibrant and culturally diverse, providing visitors and locals alike with a quality adventurous lifestyle.
All year round warm weather, natural attractions such as the world heritage listed Kakadu National Park, Litchfield and Nitmiluk national parks, the Tiwi Islands and Arnhem Land make Darwin the perfect base to explore the wonders of the top end.
Since its founding in 1869, Darwin has continued to build on its rich history. World War II is a significant marker in the city's personality with relics from this troubled time still very evident in and around the city. In 1974 Cyclone Tracy devastated the Darwin. From the ruins, a modern and cosmopolitan city emerged and has made Darwin what it is today. The city continues to grow, attracting people from all over the world wanting to be part of the dynamic and progressive culture that exists.
The rich mix of nationalities has enhanced the lifestyle for all offering the first time visitor the opportunity to experience the diversity through the restaurants, markets, festivals and events that have made Darwin a unique destination.
Darwin has a Tropical savanna climate with distinct wet and dry seasons and the average maximum temperature 28 - 30°C is similar all year round.
The dry season runs from April/May to October (the southern hemisphere winter), during which nearly every day is a warm and sunny 26 - 28°C, and afternoon humidity averages around 30%, but varies.
There is very little rainfall between May and September. In the coolest months of June and July, the daily minimum temperature may dip as low as 14 °C (57 °F), but very rarely lower, and frost has never been recorded.
The Wet season is associated with Tropical cyclones and monsoon rains. The majority of rainfall occurs between December and March (the southern hemisphere summer), when thunderstorms are common and afternoon relative humidity averages over 70% during the wettest months. It does not rain every day during the wet season, but most days are a warm to hot 29 - 33°C with plentiful cloud cover; January averages under 6 hours of bright sunshine daily.
The hottest month is November, just before the onset of the main rainy season. Due to its long dry season, Darwin has the most daily average sunshine hours (8.4) of any Australian capital with the most sunshine from April to November. The sun passes directly overhead in mid October and mid February. Climatically Darwin has more in common with Singapore than Sydney as it sits well inside the tropical zone.
Darwin is located in one of the most lightning prone areas in the world. In 2002 a single thunderstorm produced 1,634 lightning strikes in Darwin in just a few hours, which is the same amount that Perth, Western Australia, experiences in an entire year.