Green Bay is a comfortable one-bedroom ground floor apartment located within highly regarded gated resort Pizzo Beach Club (Gelsomini alley 76G) at the shore of the Tyrrhenian Sea.
Scandinavian style modern furnishing ensures spacious and comfortable feel. Dining on the covered terrace with garden views will remain in your memories as truly Mediterranean experience and enjoyable part of Italian lifestyle for the rest of the year.
Calabria has plenty to offer but nearby cities of Pizzo and Tropea are real landmarks of the aptly named Coast of the Gods which is amid some of Italy's most breathtaking landscapes.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 1 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Pizzo Beach Club resort's beach 600 m|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Access||Car advised, Wheelchair users|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Lamezia Terme (SUF) 17 km, Nearest railway: Pizzo 7 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, Air conditioning, CD player, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||1 bedroom, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Single beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seats for 4, Lounge seats for 4|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden, Shared garden|
|Access||Wheelchair users, Secure parking|
|Further details indoors|
- outside blinds (rollets) on every window,
- full size kitchen with oven and dishwasher (rare in Pizzo Beach Club),
- double air-conditioning (in every room) - quiet and efficient (inverter system - again rare in Pizzo Beach Club)
- electric plates cooker (avoids keeping gas bottle in the cabinet, avoids run-out of gas when your pasta is on...)
- international satellite TV (free to air channels),
- high speed, WI-fi internet connection (once again rare in Pizzo Beach Club)
- DVD/CD system with connectors to Hard Drive, MP3 or I-Pod
- I-Pod docking station in bedroom
|Further details outdoors|
- Covered terrace with furniture for dining, and extra awning and ceiling fan ensure shadow at every time of the day,
- just a short walk (600m) through garden and forest of pine and eucalyptus to the golden sands beach - no roads to cross! ,
- abundance of shared sunbeds and sun umbrellas at the beach - free for guest,
- spectacular bay surrounding, mountains and Pizzo views,
- two pools, football and 2 tennis courts, gym, Restaurant on site,
- parking in front of apartment for convenience,
- resort located side by side with Club Med - assurance of best possible spot in the region,
- access to Club Med amenities possible - discounts for Pizzo Beach Club guests
Gated resort, Reception on site
Calabria is the "toe" in the "boot" of Italy known also as Southern Italian Riviera.
It is unique combination of fabulous food and wine, 800 km of secluded beaches and charm of true Italy. This is the land that has been fought over by Saracens, Normans, Turks and Greeks and ... for the reason.
Calabria's dramatic mountainous interior combines with scenic rugged coastline and some of the most fabulous beaches you'll find anywhere.
Temperatures ranging from below zero in the mountain ski resorts in winter to more than 30 centigrades on the coast in the summer, the climate's as pleasant as its people, who are renowned for their warmth, generosity and sens of fun. Only in Calabria you can, in a single day: lounge on the deserted beach, enjoy the shopping in Italy and then refresh yourself with a spot of skiing.
And whether it is the delicate scent of acacias in the spring, the heady aroma in summer of fermenting grapes for the region's celebrated Ciro and other wines or the pungent musk of freshly ground olives in winter, there's always something seductive in the air in Calabria.
Calabria's average daytime temperature:
January 17 C
February 15 C
March 18 C
April 20 C
May 22 C
June 25 C
July 27 C
August 31 C
September 27 C
October 25 C
November 22 C
December 18 C
Perched on high slope of an enchanting promontory into the Tyrrhenian Sea in the heart of the Sant' Eufemia Gulf, Pizzo is one of the Calabria's most beautiful and best-known towns. With its thriving fishing port, maze of narrow mediaeval streets and lanes linked by tiny staircases, ancient fountains, buildings and churches and the Spuntone - a large balcony from which you can view the imposing Aragonis Castle and the sea from Lamezia to Capo Vaticano - Pizzo is immersed in history.
But it is also a vibrant and well equipped modern resort town with every facility and attraction the traveler could wish for - from water-sports through golf and specialist historical tours to an excellent range of seafood restaurants and night-life and the best ice cream in the world - Tartuffo!
Visit to Tropea and a boat trip from nearby Vibo Marina to Aeolian Islands such as Lipari, Salina and Vulcana and most renowned Stromboli is a must.
Pizzo Beach Club is a brand new 5-star resort situated on the shores of the Tyrrhenian Sea. Golden sands of the resort beach with complimentary sun beds and sun umbrellas for guests, warm sea with pleasant waves, spectacular mountains and Pizzo views... All of this could justify spending all the time on the beach but resort has much more to offer: two spacious swimming pools, football pitch, tennis courts, gym, restaurant and landscaped gardens.