The South, like the direction of the soul, destination for a voyage of discovery both outside and within ourselves. The South of the warm Sicilian nights, of the patchwork of dry walls, of the bright Baroque figures and shapes that have been engraved by the sun. The South of the Noto Valley, land of painters and poets, a thousand year-old crossroads and melting pot of Mediterranean cultures.
Located in an ancient home immersed within the suggestive alleyways of Modica, Anime a Sud offers charming hospitality in a refined artistic space, with an extraordinary panoramic view of the churches and the noble palaces of the historical city center.
The house is set out on two levels and comfortably sleeps 4 (+2). It features two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a children-corner with a small fouton-bed, living-kitchen, panoramic balcony & secluded roof terrace.
To provide the best privacy, the house is entirely at our guests' disposal.
Anime a Sud is an elegant fusion of past and present atmospheres and a perfect stop for a contemporary traveler searching for the Sicily made of silence, emotions and horizons.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Sampieri, Pozzallo, Marina di Modica 15 km|
|Will consider||Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||100 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Catania Fontanarossa 130 km, Nearest railway: Modica 1 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
|General||Air conditioning, TV, CD player, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Cooker, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 En suites, Solarium or roof terrace|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Single beds (1), Double beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 4|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, BBQ|
|Further details indoors|
- Air-conditioning and heating
- TV lcd, hi-fi and music CDs
- Internet wi-fi
- Art and travel books and guides
- full equipped kitchen with cookware and utensils
- selection of Sicilian wines
- Electric oven and stove
- Fridge - Freezer
- Electric kettle, coffee machine and toaster
- Washing machine, board and iron
- hair dryer
- Cot & high chair on request
- bed&bath linen
Ecology and Well-Being
- use of electricity coming from renewable sources (certified by "Edison-Lifegate")
- Rooms at Zero Impact® (certified by Lifegate)
- rainwater collection and reuse
- taps equipped with water saving devices
- High efficiency household appliances & lighting
- heat pumping air conditioning with inverter system
- double glazed windows
- separated waste collection bins
- eco-design with reused features
- solvent-free resins & colors
- spring-less mattress and wooden slats to reduce electromagnetic fields
Anime a Sud welcomes you with the traditional sicilian kindness and openness and introduces you to the beauty of the region with passion and competence, ensuring a high quality service during your stay:
- reception h15-20 / check-out by h10
- welcoming pack with fruit, chocolate and traditional pastries of Modica
- English speaking reception service
- bed&bath linen provided and changed every week
Services and activities by request:
- transfer from/to Comiso / Catania airports
- chaffeur service
- sicilian cooking class
- winery tours
- chocolate tasting
- private guided tours
- electrical bike rental
|Further details outdoors|
- at 5 min: free parking along the public street
- at 150 mts: Cathedral of S. Giorgio, a masterpiece of baroque architecture protected by Unesco
Minimum stay: 3 nights
Maximum stay: 1 month
- 40% down-payment is required
- 60% balance to be paid within 30 days before arrival
- up to 60 days: 100% refunds of the amount already paid
- up to 30 days: 60% refund
- up to 7 days: 10% refund
- less than 7 days: 0% refund
Modica is a perfect location to discover the magic of southeast Sicily, with its delicate blend of history, nature and the sea, and which was the setting for the famous television series “Il Commissario Montalbano” (Inspector Montalbano).
Every month of the year has its own seasonal colours, its own traditional festivals and cultural events, every day a different theme guaranteed to gratify your curiosity: discover the Baroque jewels which are Modica, Ragusa, Scicli and Noto, take an excursion to the pottery shops of Caltagirone, spend an evening at the Greek theatre in Siracusa, climb the Mt. Etna volcano, trek in the wild countryside of the Ispica and Cassibile valleys and in the rock caves of Pantalica, swim in the waters of the Mediterranean.
The itineraries displayed on our website will help you to plan your journey, in your own time.
“...like a pomegranate cut in two; close to the sea but with an air of the countryside; half of it crammed onto a rocky spur, half spread out at its feet; with many steps serving as peacemaker between the two halves, and clouds in the sky between one bell-tower and another, as breathless as a dispatch rider for the King’s Cavalrymen...”. This is how Gesualdo Bufalino describes Modica, jewel of Sicilian Baroque, crossroads of culture, today one of UNESCO’s World Heritage Sites and famous for its ancient recipe for chocolate. Modica, birthplace of Salvatore Quasimodo, Nobel Prize in Literature, the “city of lace” as it has been called, is divided into Upper Modica and Lower Modica and is picturesquely spread out over the two sides of a wide rocky gorge. To stay in Modica means rediscovering forgotten emotions, walking slowly through the cobbled lanes, going up and down the ancient steps, catching glimpses of fine nobles’ houses with elaborate stone and wrought iron balconies, hidden artisan workshops, picturesque views of churches and rooftops, secret gardens with grottoes and prickly pear plants.