Alnwick House is a Grade II listed building built in 1830 located in the heart of Alnwick, available as a holiday home throughout the year. The property boasts some original features including large spacious rooms with high ceilings and wooden shutters at many of the windows.
The accommodation is over 4 floors, with two separate sitting areas (allowing older children or separate groups their own space if so desired), fully equipped kitchen, 3 bedrooms (king size, twin and full size bunk beds) and a games room with table football and 7ft pool table. The property is in the centre of Alnwick, close to all amenities.
There is a cinema / playhouse, pubs, restaurants and shops all within easy walking distance.
Within a 10 minute walk are Alnwick castle, home to the Duke of Northumberland, used as a location in the Harry Potter films and open to the public throughout the summer, and Alnwick gardens, home to one of the largest treehouses in the world.
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Alnmouth 5 km|
|Nearest Amenities||100 m|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Pool or snooker table, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||Double beds (1), Single beds (2), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 10|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
Alnwick is in Northumberland, probably one of the most picturesque counties in the UK, with long sandy beaches, the Cheviot hills, spectacular Medieval castles and gardens.
Alnwick itself is a Medieval market town and still retains many of it's cobbled streets and narrow alleys. The local area of Alnwick has a lot of attractions to offer including
- Alnwick Castle, the castle used in the Harry Potter films, and home to the Duke of Northumberland.
- Alnwick Gardens, including one of the largest treehouses in the world
- A number of Restaurants and Bars
- A cinema and playhouse
- Barter Books, one of the largest second hand bookshops in the Country.
Further afield from Alnwick itself, you will find:
- The heritage coast, with 20 miles of sandy beaches and dunes. Alnmouth beach is only 4 miles away
- Alnmouth is on the East Coast mainline rail network; there are trains generally every hour to Edinburgh with a journey time of approx 1 hour. A single ticket can be bought from just £7.20
- Bamburgh Castle
- Northumberland National Park, stretching for 60 miles from Hadrian's wall to the Cheviots, with superb walking, wildlife and sites to visit.
- Kielder Water, the largest man made lake in Northern Europe, with lots of activities and the Kielder Observatory
- A variety of 9 and 18 hole golf courses