Luxury Penthouse Apartment in Cardiff with large balcony overlooking the impressive Millennium Stadium. Any closer and you'd actually be in the stadium. Superb top floor, City Centre location ideal for taking advantage of the many shops, bars, restaurants, theatres, sports and all Stadium events. Only a minute walk to the city's central train and bus station with links to Cardiff Airport. The SWALEC cricket stadium (test match stadium) is also only a 5 minute walk away.
For shopping the brand new £675m St Davids 2 shopping complex (including John Lewis) is within a 2 minute walk, as are all the many other shopping arcades, boulevards and outlets. International sporting events and large-scale concerts from the world's biggest artists are regularly held at the Millennium Stadium - opposite the penthouse.
Weekly lets from £605 / Short breaks from £338
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Penarth 6.3 km|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest Amenities||20 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Cardiff International Airport 15 km, Nearest railway: Cardiff Central Station 200 m|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player|
|General||TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 En suites|
|Furniture||Double beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seats for 4, Lounge seats for 4|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace|
|Further details indoors|
- Millennium View Penthouse is a 9th floor Apartment (top flor) , including a lift.
- Heating and electricity included.
- Board games and a selection of DVD's and books.
- Wi-Fi included (free)
- Please note there is a refundable damages bond required of £50 (payable to owner on arrival at the penthouse)
- High quality sound-proofing. We would however highly recommend opening up the patio doors to absorb the amazing atmosphere from the balcony in the build up to a large scale event at the stadium.
|Further details outdoors|
- Large west facing private balcony overlooking the Millennium stadium and Cardiff Arms Park. Combined with patio furniture and plants, it provides the perfect perch to sit and enjoy a glass of wine as the sun sets.
- Balcony has 270' degree view including views out across Cardiff Bay and across the channel to Devon. On a clear day the islands of Flat Holm (where in 1892 Marconi sent the first ever radio transmission), and Steep Holm are also visible. Looking right from the balcony Cardiff Castle grounds, the vast expanse of Bute Park and Sophia Gardens International cricket ground can also be seen.
- Parking not included but plenty of options available nearby or free street parking a 5 min walk away. Full details and maps will also be provided to guests.
The South Wales region includes a wide range of variety and destinations. From Cardiff, the proud capital city of Wales to the countryside and amazing coastline of the Vale of Glamorgan and the Gower Peninsula. The region also includes Afan Forest Park and borders with Brecon Beacons National Park to the north.
Millennium View Penthouse is located in Cardiff City Centre. 1 minute walk from the city's main train and bus stations (including links to Cardiff Airport). The Millennium Stadium, Cardiff Castle, St. Davids' Hall, New Theatre and St. Davids 2 shopping centre are all within a 2 minute walk. Nearest supermarket is Sainsburys, just round the corner (50 meters) as are numerous bars, restaurants and arcades and various links to Cardiff Bay (5 minutes by bus, train, aqua bus or taxi).Cardiff is a city of attractions, sport, culture and entertainment. All only a short walk from the penthouse you can choose from historic houses and castles, Daleks and Doctor Who or wildlife and water sports.
Cardiff Castle and its beautiful grounds sit only a few hundred yards away. Designated a City of Sport for 2009, Cardiff has notched up a fine reputation as a sporting capital thanks to the quality of the events and facilities. Whether you want to watch or play, Cardiff's sporting scene beats many of its competitors. With world-class stadiums for rugby, football, cricket and athletics and an International Sports Village offering an Olympic size swimming pool, ice rink and Cardiff International White Water Centre - an Olympic standard canoe slalom.
Activities in Cardiff include walking and cycling along the Taff Trail and golfing (Celtic Manor golf course - home of 2010 Ryder Cup - within short travelling distance). If you fancy going to watch a football or rugby game, Cardiff City Stadium (5 minutes away) hosts all of Cardiff City and Cardiff Blues' home games. Glamorgan cricket (venue for international cricket, including the Ashes) and Sophia Gardens (5 minutes walk). And if you're competing in the Cardiff Half Marathon 2011 then you couldn't ask for a better place to stay than the Millennium View Penthouse. Cardiff is a sports fan's dream come true.
You'll find a lively entertainment scene in and around Cardiff, which features opera, ballet, musicals, and live music from world-class acts. Across the city, there are a range of theatres, galleries, museums, arts and live music venues. From the traditional to the ground-breakingly modern, from seating thousands to cosy intimate spaces, Cardiff can satisfy every taste.
Cardiff Bay is Europe's most exciting waterfront development. Cardiff Bay is home to the Wales Millenium Centre, Y Senedd (The National Assembly building) as well as numerous other attractions such as bars, restaurants, Olympic sized swimming pool and leisure facility, White water Centre, Yacht Club, Cycle and there are numerous walking trails and paths around the Cardiff Bay Barrage.