KALKAN BREEZE APARTMENT is located in a small complex of 9 beautiful apartments in the sought after area of Komurluk in Kalkan. Nestled into the side of the hill, the apartment enjoys unrivaled sea views across the bay from Kalkan Harbour to the right and out to the Mediterranean Sea to the left.
The apartment is very well equipped and furnished to a very high standard with a cool, bright decor. It has good outside space with a front balcony spanning the width of the apartment and a shaded side terrace furnished with Ottoman style seating for relaxing and a dining table and chairs allowing dining for up to 8 people. The apartments share a large terrace with good sized pool, furnished with wooden sun loungers and parasols. Situated a leisurely 10-15 minute stroll from the town and just 5 minutes to the nearest beach club (Palm Beach Club) with bathing platforms, water sports, bar and restaurant.
Inside the apartment, the spacious open plan living area has ample lounge seating for 6 with sliding doors opening onto the front balcony furnished with sun loungers and table and chairs. In the main living area there is a round iron, granite topped table with 6 chairs. There are 2 good sized bedrooms, one with a king size bed and 1 with twin beds. Both bedrooms have updated en-suite shower and wc facilities beautifully tiled with marble. The fully fitted kitchen is very well equipped with oven and hob, very large fridge/freezer, washing machine, toaster, kettle and more than ample crockery, glassware and cookware. We have picnic ware and cool bags for use round the pool or taking to the beach.
We have a digital safe, iron and ironing board, a hair dryer and an Ipod docking station for your use. A combination TV/DVD is perfect for watching your favourite movies. We have a small library of DVDs for you to enjoy and also a paperback swap system so you don't need to weigh yourself down with reading matter.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Palm Beach Club 150m below apartment, Kalkan Beach 1 km|
|Will consider||House swap, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest Amenities||1 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Dalaman 90 km|
|Family friendly||Suitable for children over 5|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
|Luxuries||DVD player, Staffed property, Sea view|
|General||Central heating, Air conditioning, TV, CD player, Safe|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Cooker, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 2 En suites|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Single beds (2), Double beds (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace|
|Further details indoors|
1) Light, airy with cool decor make this a very relaxing space to enjoy the amazing views day or night.
2) There are 3 air conditioning units, one in each bedroom and one in the main living area.
3) The very large main living area is L-shaped with a sofa bed. This area can be curtained off to be used as a third bedroom without compromising the lounge seating which comprises 2 x 3 seater sofas.
5) A welcome pack is provided with essentials for your arrival including bread, milk, water, butter, jam, honey, cheese, tomatoes, cucumber, tea, coffee and suger.
4) Crisp white cotton linen and white fluffy towels are provided but we do request that you bring your own beach/pool towels.
5) Linen change and full clean twice weekly.
6) Cleaner/caretaker has his own apartment on site thus giving 24 hour security.
7) Daily rubbish disposal.
8) Local English speaking agent visits the apartments daily to help with any queries.
|Further details outdoors|
1) We have 4 wooden sun loungers with matresses and a parasol located on the pool terrace.
2) The pool is 10m long by 4.5m wide and 1.5m deep without a shallow end so not suitable for toddlers.
3) There are showers and wc facilities located next to the pool terrace.
4) The apartments have off road parking should you wish to hire a car.
5) There are a number of steps at the property so unfortunately, this makes it unsuitable for people with mobility difficulties.
6) You will need to bring your own beach/pool towels.
Minimum stays are flexible, as are changeover days. Check in is from 3pm onwards and check out by 11am. We will, however, do all we can to accommodate late departures where possible.
The beautiful fishing village of Kalkan nestles at the foot of the Taurus Mountains within easy reach of many historical places of interest including Xanthos, Thlos and the ancient city of Patara. The famous Patara Beach is nearby with 18 miles of golden sand which is home to the loggerhead turtles. Nearby towns include Kas and Fethiye.
Kalkan has a unique cosmopolitan feel about it that draws back discerning British visitors as well as guests from other parts of Turkey and the rest of the world.
White washed buildings surrounding the picturesque harbour. It's narrow cobbled streets are lined with craft shops, boutiques and restaurants. Restaurants (many of them with roof top terraces) specialize in everything from traditional Ottoman/Turkish fare to sophisticated fine dining. The quality is excellent with plenty of fresh produce and varied menus. Prices are very reasonable giving plenty of opportunities to try a different array of dining experiences. There are several stylish bars dotted around for those who wish to relax with a drink, listening to all kinds of music from jazz, pop, blues to traditional Turkish.
Whilst the gentlemen are having themselves a hair cut and shave in a traditional Turkish barber shop, the ladies can browse the many boutiques, jewellery and craft shops. Whether it's ceramics, glassware, carpets or merely cushions, the choices are endless. The locals love to barter and their natural hospitable nature will usually mean that they will offer a cup of turkish or apple tea to refresh you during the negotiation experience. The Turks just love to see the tourists happy and make friends.
For the sun worshippers, Kalkan has it's own small pebble beach but the beach clubs around the town are a firm favourite with the tourists. These have bathing platforms with sun loungers and parasols and the advantage of restaurants and bars. There is an entry fee which includes sun loungers and parasols and transport to and from the club by water taxi. Some offer water sports at an extra charge.
Scuba diving is available locally with PADI certified schools. The area is excellent for fishing, snorkelling or just exploring the surrounding area by sea on a gulet day cruise. You can go as part of a tour, or charter your own private gulet with skipper and plan your own adventure. There is no end of things to do to make for a relaxing and varied vacation.