There are stunning views from the kitchen and gardens of Valley View over Dovedale one of the best known tourist and walking locations in the heart of the Peak District National Park. From the door you can access some of the best walks in the Peak District and only a short drive away is the Tissington Trail, traffic free cycling for all the family. The George public house is only 15 minutes walk from Valley View and you will enjoy some of the best food, beer and wine around for miles.
Valley View is quiet and relaxing and only 10 minutes drive to the lovely market town of Ashbourne with its market, local shops, restaurants, delis and supermarkets. Valley View is set up with the extended family group in mind, but we also welcome mature groups looking to holiday together. You will find board games, books, guide books, a games table, table football, two TVs, x-box, free wi fi and plenty more to keep you all occupied during your stay with us.
You will also enjoy our gardens backing onto fields, open countryside and quiet country lanes. Families and dogs will love the outside space and adults can relax with a BBQ or book. The UK's best known theme park, Alton Towers is only 30 minutes drive away and Chastworth House the world-famous 'Palace of the Peak' is within a 20 minute drive.
|Size||Sleeps up to 15, 6 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||1 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: East Midlands 80 km, Nearest railway: Derby 40 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
|Luxuries||Log fire, Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Telephone, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||6 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms of which 3 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Single beds (7), Double beds (4), Cots (1), Dining seats for 16, Lounge seats for 13|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Private garden, BBQ|
|Further details indoors|
* Log fire in lounge with unlimited free supply of logs
* Large surround sound TV in lounge with Sky Sports and Films and Blue Ray player
* iPod docking station
* Free wi fi access
* Second lounge in attached Annex with TV with Sky Sports and Films, x-box, board games and table football
* Fully equipped kitchen with double range oven, 2 large fridges
* Welcome pack supplied includes supply of coffee, tea, sugar, milk, biscuits, oil, salt and pepper, starter supply only of kitchen roll, loo roll, bin bags, about 5 of both washing machine and diswasher tabs, washing up liquid, hand soaps in all bathrooms.
* Attached Cottage Annex with double bedroom, second lounge (with sofa bed) and kitchen
* 6 bedrooms in total - some beds can be made up as singles or as kingsize to suit all groups
* Separate utility room with washing machine, dryer, 2nd fridge and coat and boot storage
* Cot supplied with bedding
* High chair, stair gates and fire guard all provided
* A selection of games and books available to suit all ages, plus x-box and multi games table
* Communal eating around large dining room table for up to 16
* Communal seating in lounge for up to 13
* Off street parking for up to four cars
* WE WILL CONSIDER REDUCED RATES FOR SMALLER GROUPS PLEASE ASK US!
|Further details outdoors|
* Walled garden area to front of house, can be closed off to be child and pet friendly
* Large open grassed area in front of house and more garden space and patio at rear of property (totally secluded and private)
* Private off-street parking for up to four cars - this is the maximum number of cars on the drive, but there is additional public parking in the village about 5 minutes walk away
* Garden furniture and BBQ provided
* £150 returnable breakages deposit with all bookings - payable 6 weeks prior to arrival
* Pets welcome and there is a fee of £15 per pet
* Your booking fee includes all bed linen, towels, heating and an unlimited supply of logs for the log burner
* We welcome short breaks at any time of the year including Peak Seasons, Christmas and New Year. Our minimum rental is two nights.
* For weekly bookings our changeover day is Friday.
* We will consider smaller groups at Valley View and please contact us direct with your party size for a quote. Contact email@example.com.
Valley View is situated in the Peak District National Park one of the most stunning areas of natural beauty in England and the UK. With protected landscapes and wildlife it is a wonderful setting for outdoor activities such as walking and cycling. It is also a great place to experience great local cooking and ingredients - some fantastic pubs with fine local produce and a great pint of English beer are a highlight of any holiday here.
There are some lovely market towns such as Ashbourne and Bakewell with local shops a plenty, picturesque villages with local festivals, historic houses as well as plenty of indoor and outdoor activities for families and groups alike (including horse riding, caving, abseiling, fishing, museums and visitor centres).
Chatsworth House is within an easy drive as well as Haddon Hall (both stately homes have been used as the backdrop for films and TV programmes such as Pride and Prejudice and Jane Eyre.
Valley View is in the heart of great walking and cycling country. Walks along the river Dove are popular for all ages and Dovedale is one of the UK's most loved natural beauty spots. The famous stepping stones are easily accessible from Valley View and in the summer months a picnic is a must.
The Tissington Trail (10 minutes maximum by car or you can cycle there) is a must for cyclists and walkers. Cycle along this once used railway and explore some fabulous Peak District countryside. It's flatter sections are also wheelchair and pushchair friendly and it is a lovely family day out.
Alstonfield is only a short 10/15 minute walk from Valley View and a visit to The George pub should be on everyone's list. The food is superb, with a great choice of beers and wines and there is al fresco dining in the warmer months. Round the back of the pub is a farm shop selling locally produced food as well as wines, beers and more. Why not take some back to Valley View for a group or family meal?
The market town of Ashbourne is only 10 minutes drive from Valley View. As well as the supermarkets (Marks & Spencer, Waitrose, Sainsbury and Co-op), there are two fantastic delis, numerous restaurants, cafes, bistros, pubs and fish and chips. For shoppers there are some lovely local craft shops along cobbled streets and hidden alleys, a wide range of antique shops, gift shops, banks and outdoor shops. On Thursday and Saturday there is a local market and in August the famous Agricultural Show. There is also a leisure centre with swimming pool.