Tradtional Suffolk cottage, originally 2 farmworkers' cottages, set in stunning countryside Suffolk/Norfolk borders, surrounded by open fields with lovely southernly views. Full of character with exposed beams and period features. Rented as one cottage up to maximum of 10 people including children and any guests visiting. Suitable for 8 adults and 2 children as one very small bedroom. Ground floor bedroom available at extra cost if not in use. Private enclosed gardens with wonderful views, garden, lawn and area for outside dining.
Exclusive use of indoor heated swimming pool available from 9.30am - 6.00pm. Size 28' x 12' x 5' deep NO GLASS IN POOL AREA PLEASE
2 TVs , free unlimited WI-FI. 2 Cots, 2 high chairs (please provide own sheets, pillows and towels)
An ideal rural getaway, ideal for those wanting a quiet break to unwind-perfect for artists, walkers and cyclists as the area is surrounded by quiet lanes and footpaths. Close by to some of East Anglia's prettiest towns and villages such as Framlingham,Snape and Debenham, This location is also in easy access of the Suffolk coast and the beaches of Southwold, Walberswick and Aldeburgh. .
The owners' father lives in an annex adjacent to the property
Visit Britain with 3* Self Catering rating + Welcome for Families, Walkers and Cyclists max ONE small dog
|Size||Sleeps up to 10, 5 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Southwold 32.8 km|
|Will consider||Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||2.4 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Stansted 125.5 km, Nearest railway: Diss 16.4 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
|Luxuries||Private indoor pool, Log fire, Internet access, DVD player|
|Pool||Private indoor pool|
|General||Central heating, TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms of which 2 Family bathrooms and 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (4), Double beds (2), Cots (2), Dining seats for 12, Lounge seats for 12|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Private indoor pool, Private garden|
|Further details indoors|
- Duvets/pillows/ towels provided
- 2 cots (no sheets), 2 high chairs
-Wi-fi TV and flat screen TV/DVD in the other lounge
- Homely open plan living area is comfortably furnished with a wood burning stove and an open fire with complimentary wood in other lounge
- The floors have traditional Suffolk pammets and rugs downstairs.
- Upstairs is carpeted,
-Abbey Woods Cottage has 6 bedrooms: 2 with double beds, 2 with twin beds, 1 bedroom with bunk beds ideal for 2 children and downstairs there is a bedroom with a double bed, a single bed with a bed that pulls out from underneath
- Each room has plenty of storage and hanging space with coat hangers.
- One small dog only must be kept downstairs not in bedrooms separate utility room, back door with access to the garden, ideal for your walking.
- There are 2 bathrooms upstairs one with integral shower and a shower room with WC downstairs
- Exclusive use of indoor heated pool
- Use of pool is from 9.30am till 6.00pm only
NO GLASS IN POOL AREA
- There is a private young wood of 4 acres adjacent to the property which you are welcome to walk round
|Further details outdoors|
- suitable for 8 adults and 2 children
- MAX 10 people includes any children and any visitors and ONE small dog only by permission
- There is a large garden with garden furniture which has a large lawn, flower beds and apple trees. The cottage garden is fenced in and small dog must be kept under control at all times
- Access to Abbey Wood which is a community woodland open to visitors.
- Private (enclosed) and shared gardens
- Private parking for 4 cars
-closed Jan 4th - 14th March 2014
- English speaking representative available to answer any questions.
- Father of owners lives in next door annex
- All power, heating included in rates
- Firewood available for open fire and wood burner - no charge help yourself.
- Limited to ONE small dog and must be kept downstairs, please keep garden clean
- please do not feed or touch ponies in adjacent fields
- No smoking inside, garden only.
- Suffolk cycle routes link http://www.cycle-route.com/routes/Suffolk-Routes-103.html
- Walking in Suffolk link http://www.walkinginsuffolk.co.uk/diss.htm
Mid Suffolk is mostly unspoilt countryside with a fascinating history for the inquiring visitor. Tourism is important for the local community and tourist are welcomed and cared for. Wingfield attracts visitors interested in its Church, College and Castle.
- Wingfield barns next to the College,has a programme of cultural events, as does the Snape Maltings further afield. http://www.wingfieldbarns.com/index.php
- Cratfield Concerts are held in the summer. There is an annual Norwich Festival, and an annual town festival in Harleston.
- There are three local restaurants: Fressingfield - The Fox and Goose; Wingfield - De la Pole Arms; Stradbroke - The Ivy house.
- Fressingfield has a good local village shop and Diss has Tesco's.
- The area is served well by footpaths and the quiet location served by small country lanes is ideal for cycling.
- Harleston has sailing and fishing on an inland lake. http://www.harlestonanglingclub.co.uk/Lakes.php
- Days out can be spent at the sandy beaches of Southwold and Walberswick