An elegant, contemporary apartment that benefits from double doors with Juliet balconies off the living area and bedrooms offering fantastic views over the beach and out to sea. There is a pleasant communal sun trap patio area which is available for guests to use and private parking.
Set in the peaceful village of Torcross, At the Beach offers a relaxing holiday destination while still having plenty in the local area to keep you entertained.
The apartments are situated in the middle of 3 miles of shingle beach where you will also find a cosy pub and cafes. Slapton Ley freshwater Nature Reserve is also close by and is perfect for spotting wildlife and birdwatching. For more information on the programme of guided walks visit www.slnnr.org.uk
Torcross was made famous as the training ground for US Army forces preparing for the D-Day invasion in World War II. An American Sherman tank which was lost at sea in 1944 and recovered in 1984, and memorials, stand beside the visitor parking lot as a reminder of the lives that were lost.
Dartmouth is a short drive away, as is Salcombe, with both offering a choice of fine restaurants, cafés, bars, unique shops and attractions.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Slapton Sands 2.09 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Exeter International Airport 74.03 km|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
|Luxuries||DVD player, Sea view|
|General||TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Double beds (2), Dining seats for 4|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace|
|Further details indoors|
* Open plan living area with a juliet balcony and excellent views overlooking the beach and out to sea.
* Stylish furnishings include an 'L' shaped 4 seater sofa bed.
* A wall mounted flatscreen TV with Freeview and DVD/CD player.
* Contemporary dining table with seating for 4.
* A small selection of books, games and DVDs are available.
* A selection of complimentary hot drinks are provided upon your arrival.
* Wifi is generally available throughout the building but its availability varies from room to room depending on the users location in relation to the wireless access point
* A modern kitchen with cream gloss units.
* Integrated appliances include an electric oven and grill, halogen hob, dishwasher, fridge, freezer, washer/dryer and microwave.
* Full utensils and accessories including a kettle, toaster and cafetiere.
* Iron and ironing board.
* A light and airy room with Juliet balcony and superb views across the beach and out to sea; it really is a delight to wake up to!
* Furnished with a double bed, two bedside tables both with lamps, 5 drawer chest and wardrobe.
* Please note this property is not suitable for families with infants as the bedrooms can not accommodate a travel cot.
* Juliet balcony and views across the beach and out to sea.
* Furnished with a double bed, bedside table with lamp and 5 drawer chest.
* Shower room comprises a shower cubicle, wash basin, w.c. and heated towel rail.
|Further details outdoors|
* Fantastic views across the beach and out to sea.
* Just stone's throw from the beach and local amenities.
* Communal decked patio to the rear of the development.
* Close to Dartmouth, Salcombe and many other towns in the South Hams.
* One parking space.
* Slapton Ley and Nature reserve is on your doorstep.
* Excellent coastal walks.
The county of Devon offers a patchwork of holiday styles, connecting the rugged open spaces of Dartmoor and Exmoor National Parks, the sandy beaches of the English Riviera and little-known villages rich in custom and history. Blue Chip’s Devon holiday cottages are scattered throughout the county, so whichever the experience visitors are looking for from their Devon holidays, the chances are it can be found in one of our many locations.
* Devon’s Dartmoor National Park is the same size as London
* Devon is famous for its cream teas, made with clotted cream, scones and jam
* The Jurassic Coast in East Devon includes areas of rock dating 185 million years
From Totnes and Ivybridge to Dartmouth and Salcombe, The South Hams sits between the moors and the sea providing you with the best of South Devon’s rolling countryside and 60 miles of dramatic and ever-changing coastline.
There are six historic towns that collectively form The South Hams each with their own individual charm and unique characteristics; Dartmouth, Salcombe, Ivybridge, Totnes, Kingsbridge and Modbury. Meander along the pretty narrow streets and historic harbours and you will find a welcoming selection of gift shops, boutiques, galleries, restaurants and bars.
Head towards the coast and you will be greeted with an amazing selection of golden beaches and hidden coves. For the adventurous among us, water sports are available at many of the larger beaches while the smaller coves offer a peaceful retreat and are perfect for relaxing with a good book and a picnic.