Alcester House is a welcoming self catering property situated in the heart of the lovely market town of Alcester in Warwickshire. It boasts excellent period yet informal styling and architecturally has hardly changed since the 17th century. Alcester is in attractive 'Shakespeare's Countryside', just seven miles west of Stratford-upon-Avon, home of the Bard.
On arrival why not relax in the secluded courtyard and admire the flowers, perhaps take a glass of wine and wander down through the enchanting foliage and plants then under the Pergola Archways that open up to a stunning walled garden.
|Size||Sleeps up to 20, 10 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
|Luxuries||Log fire, Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Telephone|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||10 bedrooms, 8 bathrooms of which 4 Family bathrooms, 3 En suites and 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Single beds (10), Double beds (5), Dining seats for 20, Lounge seats for 20|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Further details indoors|
The House is in the centre of Alcester’s historic conservation area, facing the town hall and parish church. The property comprises the main house that is divided in to 2 separate apartments (sleeping 8 in each) and the neighbouring cottage (up to 4). This allows 2 or 3 families to holiday together with additional privacy. There is also private parking for up to five cars.
To the rear, secluded courtyards and a long walled garden lead down to the river Arrow and open countryside beyond. Both the house and cottage have automatic gas central heating, washing machine, tumble drier and dishwasher, oven and grill, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, colour TV and DVD, telephone, courtyard garden with outdoor furniture. All beds have summer/winter duvets. Linen and towels are provided free of charge.
Main House - Aprtment 1
- Ground floor: entrance hall; large sitting room and large dining room; fully fitted kitchen with glazed doors to paved courtyard with outdoor furniture; WC and washbasin.
- First Floor: double bedroom with Kingsize bed; WC with washbasin, very large twin bedroom with sitting area, shower room with washbasin.
- Second Floor: double bedroom and twin bedroom with bathroom with WC, bath/shower and washbasin.
Main House - Apartment 2
- Ground Floor: entrance hall; large dining room with imposing C15th stone fireplace. - - First Floor: landing with C15th stone fireplace; bathroom with WC bath and washbasin; large double bedroom with sitting area; twin bedroom with stone fire place, shower room.
- Second Floor: large bedroom with king size bed; twin bedroom; bathroom with bath/shower WC, bidet and washbasin.
The spacious cottage is detached and quiet at the rear entrance to the house. There is a courtyard garden with outdoor furniture.
- Ground Floor: entrance hall; shower room with WC and washbasin; sitting room with inglenook fire; sun room with double sofa bed; fully fitted kitchen/breakfast room.
- First Floor: very large twin bedroom with high hipped ceiling; landing with storage area; bathroom with bath/shower WC and washbasin.
For any catering or maid service requirements please enquire.
PLEASE NOTE THAT FULL PROPERTY DESCRIPTIONS, PHOTOGRAPHS, AVAILABILITY & PRICES ARE KEPT UP TO DATE ON MY WEBSITE WHICH YOU CAN VISIT BY CLICKING ON MY PERSONAL WEBSITE LINK BELOW.
There are a good range of local shops, pubs, restaurants and many other amenities all within easy walking distance.
In the surrounding area there are many different historic attractions to go and see such as Warwick castle, Kenilworth Castle, Stoneleigh Abbey. With Stratford-upon-Avon a few miles up the road, home of Shakespeare there is plenty to choose from.
There are many beautiful and interesting walks through typical Warwickshire countryside offering the opportunity to visit the attractive villages of Great Alne, Walcote, Haselor and Oversley Green. Alcester also forms part of the 'Heart of England Way', 'Arden Way' and 'Monarch's Way' making it a natural destination for walkers.
The area has pretty much all corners covered in the activity range. For example Draycote Sailing Club, Stratford Race Course, Cheltenham Race course, Fishing lakes and the internationally renowned Silverstone Circuit.
If you want variety on your door step you will be coming to the right place. From the large West Midlands Safari Park to the small Stratford Butterfly farm is just 2 of the hundreds of places to go. Also check out what is on at the NEC to see what show is on or band playing while you are here.
For treating yourself you also have a a great selection. Stratford-upon-Avon itself hosts many different shops but 40 mins on the train will get you to the BullRing Birmingham shopping centre.