Well equipped 2 bed caravan with direct frontage to large private playing field, river and beach within the popular family holiday leisure park of Freshwater. Just 10 minute drive from the famous market town of Bridport you'll be in in the heart of the amazing Jurassic coast surrounded by beautiful Dorset countryside.
You'll be totally spoilt with endless wonderful local attractions to meet all interests. Our holiday guests have enjoyed visits to the delightful Lyme Regis, an historic seaside town with famous Cobb harbour, pretty village of Abbotsbury and renowned Swannery, Sub-Tropical Gardens and Children's farm, Poole famous for pottery, county town of Dorchester for its bustling shopping.
On your doorstep are endless coastline cliffs and the beautiful Dorset countryside providing some magnificent walking and cycling. Or why not chill out and soak up the sun on the park's own private beach, try a bit of fishing or take your dingy boat out on the river Bride which meanders through the park.
Immediate facilities within walking distance include the lovely harbour village of West Bay just 20 minutes along the beach boasting many pubs, shops, and restaurant. Alternatively there are two popular pubs in local village of Burton Bradstock within 10 minutes walk across the fields.
Freshwater is a very popular family holiday park often putting on family events, it has all the amenities you could wish for including, on site supermarket, take away, bar, launderette and two swimming pools (1 adult and 1 children's). Please note we cannot provide any guarantees regarding any of the park's amenities or events
This comfortable large deluxe holiday property offers 2 bedrooms (sleeps 4) 2 x single and 1 king size bed, 1 showerWC and 1 en-suite WC, central heating, and double glazing. It enjoys amazing sea and cliff views, ample outdoor playing and eating areas with off road parking for up to 2 cars and further on site parking. It provides ample indoor eating for up to 4, outdoor patio and grass area for al fresco dining and outdoor games, well equipped kitchen and comfortable lounge area with reclining settees.
Its location is perfect for parent's peace of mind it only has one road approach which is a no through road so is used for access only. It has direct frontage from its private garden through a gate out onto a very large playing field, river and beach - all this can be accessed from the property without having to cross any roads.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Burton Bradstock 100 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Bournemouth 72 km, Nearest railway: Dorchester 30 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Some pets are welcome - please contact the owner, No smoking at this property|
|Luxuries||DVD player, Sea view|
|Pool||Shared outdoor pool (heated), Children's pool|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron|
|Utilities||Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 En suites and 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||King Beds (1), Single beds (2), Dining seats for 4, Lounge seats for 4|
|Outdoors||Shared outdoor pool (heated), Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
|Further details indoors|
• Adjustable dinning table to seat up to 4 people
• Comfortable lounge area with 2 x 2 seater reclining settees
• Fold out ironing board
• Plenty of plates, bowls, mugs, glasses, cutlery and cooking pots and pans
• Bed linen and kitchen tea towels included – bath and hand towels available at extra cost (£5 large bath towels, £3 small hand towel)
• Electricity and gas included
• Currently there are no cots or highchairs, please check with advertiser if these are required
|Further details outdoors|
This property has its own private grassed garden area with plenty of outdoor space for off road parking for up to 3 cars and outdoor games. Plenty of outdoor seating, built in BBQ, raised patio area with sea views and direct access from private garden up a few steps, through the gate to open playing field, river and beach.
• Welcome pack provided on arrival
• Guest review and feedback book
• Use of the Park's amenities are included, however we cannot provide any guarantees regarding their availability. There will be no refunds as a result of any of the parks amenities being unavailable.
• The park offers wireless broadband at a daily cost not included in this booking - purchase is direct with the park.
• Electricity is included; however the park can experience power cuts which are outside of our control. This is very rare only happened to our knowledge twice in the last four years, each occasion power back on within 30 minutes.
• 25% booking deposit payable when booking to secure your dates with remaining payable 6 weeks prior.
• Deposit non refundable if we cannot re-let as a result of your cancellation
• Dogs and cats welcome at extra cost - £10 per dog and £10 per cat
The cliffs and beach at Freshwater are part of Dorset's spectacular World Heritage coastline - The Jurassic Coast. One of the best places in the country for fossils and also a favourite haunt for fishermen. Dorset, land of Thomas Hardy, is almost wholly designated an area of outstanding natural beauty.
With a wealth of rolling chalk hills and fertile green valleys, dotted over 150 villages of thatch and golden sandstone, criss-crossed by good rambling paths and miles of glorious Dorset coastline.
There are endless places to visit appealing to all interests. You may not have time to visit them all making this a holiday destination you'll want to come back to.
Monkey world - ape rescue centre
Fleet Air Arm Museum
Bridport and its street and farmers market
Weymouth sea life park and marine sanctuary
Bovington tank museum
Forde Abbey and Gardens
Thomas Hardy's cottage
Abbotsbury Swannery and Tropical Gardens
Crealy Adventure Park
Lyme Regis seaside town and Cobb harbour