One of the bedrooms in this villa is llcated across the pool and has its own private bathroom. Other 3 bedrooms are situated in the main villa building.
Address: Sogucak Koyu, Cumhuriyet Mah. Suncity Aqua Sitesi No:3, Kusadasi/Aydin
Villa Facilities: Balcony, Sea view, Terrace, Satellite Channels, Air Conditioning, Iron, Ironing Facilities, Seating Area, Washing Machine, Private entrance, Sofa, Tile/Marble floor, Wardrobe/Closet, Clothes rack, Hairdryer, Free toiletries, Toilet, Bathroom, Kitchenette, Refrigerator, Microwave, Dishwasher, Dining area, Electric kettle, Kitchenware, Oven, Stovetop, Toaster, Barbecue, Dining table, Outdoor furniture, Outdoor dining area, Towels, Linen
Villa Size: 184 m²
Bedroom 1: 1 double bed
Bedroom 2: 2 single beds
Bedroom 3: 1 double bed
Bedroom 4: 1 double bed
|Size||Sleeps up to 9, 4 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Long Beach 3 km|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest Amenities||200 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: ADB Izmir 85 km, Nearest railway: Selcuk Train Station 30 km|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
|Luxuries||Jacuzzi or hot tub, Sea view|
|General||Air conditioning, Wi-Fi available|
|Rooms||4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms of which 2 Family bathrooms and 2 En suites|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Single beds (2), Double beds (3), Dining seats for 1|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden|
The city stands on a bay in the Aegean with the peninsula of Guvercin Ada sticking out into the sea at one end, and the mountain of Pilav Dagi behind.
?t is 95 km (59 mi) south of ?zmir, the region's largest metropolitan center. ?t is 71 km (44 mi) from the provincial seat of Aydin situated inland.
Kusadasi has a residential population of 64,359 rising to over half a million during the summer when the large resort fills with tourists (from Turkey itself, northern Europe and the Balkans), plus the hotel staff, bar staff, construction workers, and drivers who are needed to work in the restaurants servicing all these visitors. ?n addition to the visitors from overseas there is a substantial community of foreigners resident in the area.
The name comes from 'kus' (bird) and 'ada' (island) as the peninsula has the shape of a bird's head (as seen from the sea). ?t was known as Ephesus Neopolis, in greek (?????? ????????)during the Byzantine era, and later as Scala Nova or Scala Nuova under the Genovese and Venetians. Kus-Adasi was adopted in its place at the beginning of the 20th century. Today, citizens of Kusadasi often shorten the name to Ada.
The area has been a centre of art and culture since the earliest times and has been settled by many civilizations since being founded by the Leleges people in 3000 BC. Later settlers include theAeolians in the 11th century BC and ?onians in the 9th century. Originally seamen and traders the ?onians built a number of settlements on this coast including Neopolis.
An outpost of Ephesus in ancient ?onia known as Pygela (??????), the area between the Buyuk Menderes (Maeander) and Gediz (Hermos) rivers, the original Neopolis is thought to have been founded on the nearby point of Yilanci Burnu. Later settlements were probably built on the hillside of Pilavtepe, in the district called Andizkulesi today. Kusadasi was a minor port frequented by vessels trading along the Aegean coast. ?n antiquity it was overshadowed by Ephesus, until Ephesus' harbor silted up. From the 7th century BC onwards the coast was ruled by Lydians from their capital at Sardis, then from 546 BC the Persians, and from 334 BC along with all of Anatolia the coast was conquered by Alexander the Great. From then onwards the coastal cities in Anatoliawere a centre of Hellenistic culture.
Rome and Christianity
The Roman Empire took possession of the coast in the 2nd century BC and made it their provincial capital and in the early years of Christianity. St John the Evangelist and (according to Roman Catholic sacred tradition) Mary (mother of Jesus) both came to live in the area, which in the Christian era became known as "Ania".
Later the port was a haven for pirates.
As Byzantine, Venetian and Genoese shippers began to trade along the coast the port was re-founded (as Scala Nuova or Scala Nova - "new port"), a garrison was placed on the island, and the town centre moved from the hillside to the coast.
The Turkish era
From 1086 the area came under Turkish control and the Aegean ports became the final destination of caravan routes to the Orient. However this arrangement was overthrown by the Crusades and the coast again came under Byzantine control until 1280 when first the Mentese and then theAydinid Anatolian beyliks took control. Kusadasi was brought into the Ottoman Empire by Mehmet ? in 1413. The Ottomans built the city walls and the caravanserai that still stand today.
?n 1834 the castle and garrison on the island was rebuilt and expanded, becoming the focus of the town, to the extent that people began to refer to the whole town as Kusadasi (bird island). However in the 19th century, trade declined in favor of ?zmir with the opening of the ?zmir-Selcuk-Aydinrailway, as Kusadasi had no rail connection.
During the Turkish War of ?ndependence Kusadasi was occupied from 1919-1922 first by ?talian (till 1921), then by Greek troops. The Turkish troops won control of the city on September 7, 1922.
Under the Turkish Republic the Greek population was exchanged for Turkish people as part of the Population exchange between Greece and Turkey in 1922. ?t was a district in ?zmir Province until 1954 and become the district of Aydin Province. Until the first holiday apartments were built here in the 1970s Kusadasi was a fruit-growing rural district, it then grew into a small resort town with holiday flats. These were built as housing co-operatives, membership sold to families in Ankara, ?zmir, Denizli and other Turkish cities. From the mid-1980s Kusadasi grew again into the centre of mass tourism that we have today.
?n 2005, the town was the location of a bomb attack causing five casualties, three Turkish nationals, British citizen Helen Bennett and the ?rish student Tara Whelan.
Kusadasi caters to tourists, arriving by land, and as the port for cruise ship passengers heading to Ephesus. ?n a controversial deal in 2003 the previously public-owned port was leased to a private company and renovated to attract luxury cruise liners. The Grand Princess docks here, along with other cruise ships.
There are beaches including the Ladies Beach, the beach at the centrum, the beaches between the Batihan Hotel and the Nazilli Site, Guzelcamli Town beach and the Dilek Peninsula National Park beach.
Agents sell holiday flats and villas.
There are vendors of ice-cream, carpets, leather, and software, and bookshops selling books in English, German, Russian and other languages.
Old houses near the seafront, some of them converted to bars and cafes, are the remnants of old Kusadasi, which has become a modern-European looking town. The hills behind are built up with big hotels and blocks of holiday flats. The building boom in the late 80s and onwards has been continued into the hinterland of Kusadasi.
A panoramic view of Kusadasi, with Guvercin Adasi seen in the background, and Samos on the horizon.
Transport around the town is by dolmus (minibus). There are bus and taxi services to the nearest airports, in ?zmir and Bodrum. Day trips are available by boat from Kusadasi and Guzelcamli.
The city is a port of call for cruise ships. The port is linked by a six-lane highway to ?zmir's Adnan Menderes Airport
There are daily ferry services to the nearby Greek island of Samos.
Kusadasi's bus station acts as a transport hub. Buses connect to various parts of the country.
Places of interest
?n the town
• The City Walls - There were once three gates. One remains today.
• Kaleici Camii - the mosque built in 1618 for Grand Vizier Okuz Kara Mehmed Pasha.
• The Okuz Mehmed Pasha Caravanserai is near the docks. ?t was built in 1618 as a strong-room for the goods of seamen.
• Guvercin Adasi or "Pigeon ?sland" in English - the peninsula at the end of the bay, has a castle and swimming beaches, including a private beach and cafe with a view back across the bay to the harbour of Kusadasi. There are public beaches at the back of the peninsula, towards the open sea.
• Kirazli Village - traditional Turkish village 12 kilometres (7.5 mi) from Kusadasi.
• Yilanci Burnu - a second peninsula beyond Guvercin Ada. Possibly the location of the original settlement of Neopolis. Some walls are visible. There are beaches and beach clubs here.
• Pygale - 3 kilometres (1.9 mi) north. The settlement once used by Agamemnon for healing his soldiers and repairing his ships after the Trojan War. Not yet excavated.
• Several aqua-parks with wave-pools, white-water slides are located near the town.
• Ladies Beach - near town.
• Kadikalesi - Venetian/Byzantine castle, 10 kilometres (6.2 mi)along the Kusadasi-Davutlar road,
• Panionium - 25 km (16 mi) south of Kusadasi, on the Davutlar-Guzelcamli road. Once the central meeting place of the ?onian League. The ruins are in poor condition and their authenticity is disputed.
• Dilek Peninsula National Park. South of Kusadasi, begins at the town of Guzelcamli. Bays and beaches, including the bay of Kalamaki.