AT EAST DEVON, between Lyme Regis and Sidmouth, we are a half a mile outside of Colyton, a quarter of a mile off the road (along a concrete private road). Colcombe Abbey Farm is a small family run farm, we are predominantly dairy (you are welcome to come and see the cows being milked and see the baby calves) with a 120 Friesian herd, a small number of beef animals , a beautiful horse and a dartmoor pony. We have five dogs ( a Jack Russell, 2 Dalmatians and a Huntaway and a Collie) which are not allowed around the mobile home. There are 10 free range chickens running around, 2 geese and you can always hear the birds singing.
The three bedroom mobile home sits on a large grass paddock (200ft x 200ft). It is fully equipped, inclusive and has a full valet on change over day. Just outside there is a picnic table, bar-b-cue and a large trampoline. We also have a badminton net set up for those feeling energetic! (rackets and shuttlecocks supplied)
All the beds have duvets and pillows. Duvet covers, sheets and pillowcases can be provided and beds made up at a small charge of £10 for double and £5 for single beds.
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Seaton 3 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Access||Car advised, Wheelchair users|
|Nearest Amenities||1 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Exeter 30 km, Nearest railway: Axminster 6 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (4), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 10|
|Outdoors||Shared garden, BBQ, Trampoline|
|Access||Wheelchair users, Secure parking|
|Further details indoors|
Only smoking outside of caravan
There is the use of a washing machine
|Further details outdoors|
There is plenty of room for parking.
Outside gas and charcoal bar b cue included at no extra cost, ideal for making the most of warm summer evenings! A large trampoline and picnic table situated beside the caravan.
Please note that the trampoline is use at your own risk, this is because my insurance company has stated they are to high risk against accidents for them to insure.
New arrivals welcome 3 pm onward. On departure day, please vacate by 10 am.
There is also a level spot next to the caravan which can be used to pitch a tent at a minimal charge - please contact me if interested.
Colyton has 2 well stocked provision stores , a good chemist, a fish and chip shop, library, paper shop, 3 very good pubs which cater for meals, a lovely garden shop and 2 coffee shops
The West Country / Devon region has a vast amount of tourist attractions including;
- East Devon which is a recognised area of outstanding natural beauty.
- Jurassic coast where you can look for fossils.
- Many beaches.
- Many foot paths, coastal walks and nice cycle routes.
- Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall has set up his River Cottage Shop and Canteen at Axminster where you can have a nice meal and purchase some fresh local produce.
- Beer caves, 6km.
- Peacorama at Beer, 6km.
- Self hire boats and deep sea fishing off the coast of Beer.
- Crealy Adventure Park near Exeter, 32km.
- The Donkey Sanctuary near Sidmouth, 13km.
- Race world (go carting) near Exeter, 30km.
- Ford Abbey House near Chard, 15km.
- Shute Barton, a historic national trust house, 3km.
- Burrow farm gardens at Dalwood, 4km.
- Bicton Gardens, 22km.
- Escot Wildlife Park, gardens and fishery, 19km.
- Axminster Flamingo swimming pool, 6km.
- Golf courses at Seaton, Honiton and Salcombe Regis and many more within a comfortable driving distance.
- Dartmoor national park, 70km.
- Exmoor national park, 60km.
- The nearest Cinema is at Lyme Regis, 11km.
- 10 Pin Bowling is at Exeter or Taunton.
- Stuart line cruises which tours the Jurassic coast by sea at Exmouth, 30km.
- Torquay is 70km, 1:20 minutes drive approx., Exeter is 35km, 45 minute drive approx, Taunton is 35km, 45 minute drive approx, Weymouth is 60km, 1:15 minutes approx.
Colyton is a small historic town with a rebellious legend. It has an 11th century St Andrews Church with a hexagon tower. Colyton has 3 pubs and 2 additional restaurants, an old oak bark tannery, the only one remaining in the country. There are 2 tennis courts and 2 playing fields. A good fish and chip shop, A general food store, A really well stocked chemist, Hairstylist, Charity shop, quaint coffee shop and library. Just on the outside (towards the grammer school) there is a lovely picnic area.
Picturesque and tranquil rivers Coly and Umborne meet as you enter Colyton; here there are ducks in plenty that children can enjoy feeding bread to. There are plenty picturesque footpaths as well in the vicinity
Linking Colyton to Seaton is the famous Seaton Tramway which travels alongside the Axe estuary.