A cobbled path leads to this charming cottage, its front door over-arched with fragrant honeysuckle and roses.
- Two bedrooms. Bedroom 1 (double, with room for travel cot) and bedroom 2 (twin) both over looking fields.
- Bathroom with WC, bath, shower cubicle (with power shower fed with our own water), heated towel rail, shaving point and adjoining airing cupboard
- Kitchen is well-appointed with oven, hob, extractor, microwave, dishwasher, fridge, freezer and food processor.
- Lounge/dining room with log burner set into the inglenook and a large dining table (to seat up to 12 people)
Freeview digital TV, DVD player/recorder, CD player/radio
- Utility room with sink, WC, washing machine, coat airing facilities and boot rack
- Off-road parking for 2 vehicles
- Back door leads from kitchen to the elevated patio and generous garden which offers plenty of space to play (garden furniture provided). Small traditional walled garden at front of property.
- At the bottom of the large garden there is a hen arc homing 3 lovely hens (called Copper, Ginger and Chocolate). These ladies will keep you in fresh eggs during your stay!
So what's included? Bed linen (Egyptian cotton), towels, central heating, electric and logs are all included. A freshly backed Victoria sponge cake (made with our own eggs), a pack of our own sausages, pot of homemade jam/marmalade and eggs will be left for you along with tea, coffee, sugar and a small jug of milk. Further, the owner will, by arrangement, receive and unpack an internet grocery ready for your stay.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Lyme Regis 50 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||5 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Exeter 50 km, Nearest railway: Honiton 10 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
|Luxuries||Log fire, Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (2), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seats for 10, Lounge seats for 5|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
|Further details indoors|
A traditional cottage with a log burner set into an inglenook fireplace. It's clean and decorated to a really high standard creating a 'home from home' feel. Ideal for couples or families alike - a perfect rural hideway!!
|Further details outdoors|
Words can't describe the wonderful views from the cottage. The large expanse of garden creates a sense of freedom and peace.
This is a very beautiful part of the country. This enchanting spot is within easy reach of the Jurassic coast (for fossil hunting and sandy beaches), Dartmoor, Exmoor and many National Trust Properties (including Wellington Monument, Killerton House and Knightshayes).
For sports enthusiasts there is plenty to do with horse riding, golf and fishing offered locally.
The property is also within easy reach of the cathedral city of Exeter and Somerset’s County town, Taunton, which offer farmers markets, high street shopping, theatres, restaurants, leisure facilities, museums and much more. Family attractions locally include Crealy Adventure Park, Bicton Gardens, Quad World and Diggerland.
Alternatively learn to fly with Devon and Somerset Flight Training or attend the parachute school with Sky Dive UK both based at Dunkeswell Aerodrome (3 miles), try off-roading at the Landrover Experience (7 miles) or explore the ruins of Dunkeswell Abbey (½ mile). Cook up something special at home or dine out at one of the many pubs and restaurants nearby which offer a range of good food and real ales.