Rye Bay Beach House has been awarded a 4* Visit Britain Award (2013). It is a self catering propoerty - perfect for a family or group break.
The house is arranged over three levels. From each level there are views over the communal dune garden.
The master double bedroom (with ensuite & balcony) and a twin bedroom (with adjacent bathroom) form the top of the house. The first floor hosts a bright & airy open-plan living/kitchen area with glazed doors leading to a large balcony & outdoor eating area. There is direct access to the garden from this balcony. The ground floor consists of a large games room (with table tennis), a shower/utility room and the guest bedroom - where further sleeping accommodation can be provided using the comfortable double bed.
The house is well stocked with mod cons. Two bedrooms & the living room have a TV/DVD player. Being a family house, we provide a high chair & cot along with toys and games to keep your little ones busy. For the grown-ups we have plenty of books and films for you to enjoy a cosy night in.
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Telephone, Table tennis, Games room, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms, 1 En suites and 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Double beds (1), Single beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 8|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Shared garden|
It is no exageration to state that the local region contains something for everyone!
The coastline speaks for itself, with the huge Camber Sands literally at your doorstep. There are plenty of interesting coastal towns to explore within a short drive or bus ride away. The picturesque town of Rye is the closest - just a ten minute drive away. It's ancient medieval streets contain an impressive number of inspiring shops (antiques in particular), cafes and restaurants.
For the explorers, miniature railway, farms, and castles are to name but a few of the day trips that could comfortably be reached from the property. The shingle expanse & extraordinary landscape of Dungeness must also be seen.
Favourite Camber Venues:
1. The beach never fails to thrill no matter how many times you go over the top...
2. 'The Gallivant' restaurant: Award-winning seaside brasserie specialising in local, organic
food, with stylish decor & ambiance, and occasional live music.
3. Pie and Mash at the Rye Bay Café (which also has free WiFi)
4. The friendly Green Owl Pub, Old Lydd Road.
5. Rye Watersports School & Café – New Lydd Road, after the golf club.
6. Cycling: The area is also popular with cyclists, with many established picturesque routes on offer.
Favourite Rye Venues:
1. The George Inn: Perfect place for a roast dinner and a pint in front of an open fire.
2. Rye Bay Fish Shop: Our friendly local fishmonger has a great selection of reasonably
priced fresh local fish. Open 8-5pm daily (7 days/week). Rye Bay Fish is on the left,
just after you cross the bridge into Rye on the A259. Free parking.
3. The Mermaid Inn: One of England’s oldest pubs - frequented by smugglers and
French invaders over the centuries. Food available at the bar or in the restaurant.
4. The Rye Retreat: 'Aveda' salon - a great place to be pampered, de-stressed and
5. Webbes at The Fish Cafe: Delicious lunches/dinners. Child friendly, with seating in
either the 'Cafe' or 'Restaurant'.
6. Rye Farmers Market: Every Wednesday from 10 - 1pm @ Strand Quay