Cocoon Nestling in its Green Haven
We invite you to stay All Around the Year, in one of the 4 cottages of our property. 4 Stars Standard, Traditional FarmHouses, renovation recently done, with a touch of modernity to give them all the modern Comfort but respecting their soul.
This Cottage for 6 pers. at the entrance of our Property is completely independent and its 100m2 /1076 SqFt are for the exclusive use of one family. Our Property is built on a hilltop on 4 ha/10 Acres half fenced, half woodland. This cottage has a private fenced garden of 1500 m2 + 3 acres fenced round the main farm and the pool + 3 acres a field fenced for Horses if you want to come with 1 or 2 horses
Our Accommodations are suitable for 2 or 16 persons when rented with the other guest house for 4 persons + its extra bedrooms for 2 pers. These two rentals are sufficiently distant to preserve privacy of each one, but close enough to organize a family get-together for several brothers, Sisters & Cousins. They all are in a Verdant and Preserved Environment, Hilly, Wooded and with many fruit trees too.
Our Rates are adapted according to :
• The Space you need,
• The Season
• Sliding Scale depending on the length of your Stay
(From September to June we accept very long stays with important discount : 50 % of discount for 4 Weeks and more, -40% for 3 Weeks & -20 % for 2 Weeks)
All Inclusive tariff
• All Charges are included (Electricity, Heating (from the 1st of Oct. to the 15th of May), Water & Wood for Fireplaces)
• Tourist Tax Included in the price (1,10 € per night & per person)
• All House Linen provided at No Extra Charge (a BathRobe, a Bath Towel & a Flannel per person, Tablecloth & all house Linen),
• Synthetic Non-allergic Duvet & Pillows
• Beds will be made
• Tourist Board Rated 4 Stars, Kitchenette + Barbecue and Plancha in each Cottage . Well equipped with appliances,
• Furniture New or in good condition
• Matching Crockery
• Working from Home, we are available through-out your stay if you need any advice
• FIRST DINNER OFFERED «on the House» (for all Stays of minimum one week)
• In Summer on Mondays possibility of Private Concerts (Jazz, Blues, Soul,...) in between 21h to 23h. Free Animation
• Half-Board on request & Details of the most Delicious Local Restaurants
• Tea, Coffee, ... & Welcome Basket provided for your 1st Breakfast
• Possibility, Twice-weekly, of deliveries of Bread, Croissants, Fresh Milk & Organic Yoghurts from the Farm, if required
• Access to our Outdoor Heated Pool (5x10 m, 28°C / 82°F from May to October) protected with a rigid cover and a fenced property.
>Private pool means Unsupervised swimming, So a parent should Always stay around the pool to watch children swimming.
For Safety reason, we are very strict on that point because Emergency Services are far away.
> It has to be shared with a few persons. In our village we've over 20 pools, so our neighbors do not all come to swim at home & it's
always very quiet round our pool.
> The Pool has a Powerfull pomp and when the filtration is on, 15h a day, you can stay in front for massages
or swim against the current
• Internet High Speed Wifi Access, Free & Unlimited, in the Houses, in the Garden & by the pool
• All Items for Babies provided at no extra cost (Travel Cot, High chair, Baby Phone, ...) Possibility of Baby-Sitting
• Swings, Ping-Pong, Baby-Foot, Toys & Games for Kids
• Cats, Dogs & Horses accepted with No Daily Charge`
• Free Access to the Laundry
• Basic Grocery, candles, Starter Pack of Cleaning Produts & Toilet Paper provided at the arrival
• Books, Documentation about the Périgord, Maps, Post cards, Cds & Videos at your disposal
• Cleaning at the End of the Stay Included too
• Care for the Environment (Supporting Local Productions, Fireplaces in all the houses, Recycling Bins,
Tanks recollecting Rainwater & Careful Attention to our Energy Consumption)
• Non-smoking houses to preserve curtains & all house linen from cigaret smoke and for all the Fire-Alarms inside,
but smokers are welcome. Beach ashtrays are available nearby the covered terraces and the pool, for smoking outside,
respecting safety rules because fire risks in summer
• Open All Year
So with so many services included our rates are in fact just a contribution to part of the charges of the Cottages you'll be living in. Because our first motivation is to offer you the best of Périgord to have unforgettable holidays.
• Continental Breakfast round our Guest Table in between 8.30 and 10.30 am if you need our advices for your visits. Please for breakfast all together, inform us the day before.
• I.T. Courses, Cookery courses
• Visit the Périgord with our 2 Cv or with our monospace for 8 persons. We can organize your visits and guide you there
• Half Board
• Events : Organization of Birthday party, Wedding, Family get together, Break Storming, Private Concerts....
• Daily cleaning on request only (22€/hour social contributions included)
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||By the river the Dordogne 5 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest Amenities||4 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Toulouse or Bordeaux 200 km or Brive 45 km, Nearest railway: Souillac 15 km or Brive 45 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Pets welcome, Yes, smoking allowed|
|Luxuries||Private outdoor pool (heated), Log fire, Internet access, DVD player|
|Pool||Private outdoor pool (heated), Shared outdoor pool (heated)|
|General||Air conditioning, TV, Video player, CD player, Telephone, Table tennis, Games room, Safe, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 Shower rooms, Solarium or roof terrace|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Single beds (1), Double beds (3), Cots (2), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Private outdoor pool (heated), Shared outdoor pool (heated), Balcony or terrace, Private garden, Shared garden, BBQ, Swing set|
My Grand mother used to live there. For her job, she's been traveling all the around the world and has decided that the Périgord was the right place to get retired, with beautiful landscapes, houses and castles behind every curves. For many years working as a photographer in Paris, we were in hurry to come back home for too rare and too shorts holidays. And on the way back to Paris we were thinking all the time how the space, the light, peaceful landscapes, the hills, the seasons of the Périgord would miss us. Now that Internet High speed is available in the middle of our woods, we enjoy working here all around the year and we are glad to be able to share one of our cosy cottages of our property and our verdant & peaceful country side. And will do our best to receive you as we do for our friends. So to see the Périgord in a different way, come and sample the charms of a farmhouse, aTraditional Perigourdine House, built with stones in 1872, it is in an exceptional position. Cottages of our farm we rent are building completely separate from our own house. Built on a hillside on over 7 acres of land, half fenced fields, half woodland. A place where you can enjoy the Silence interrupted only by birdsong, or admire the starry night sky, which is unpolluted by urban lights.
We are right in the Heart of Périgord Noir (for the Gps 44°54'34' N 1°20'51' E). Easy to reach, despite the popularity of the region, all the buildings of our farm are in perfectly quiet surroundings where you can relax. Halfway in between the beautiful Medieval Town of Sarlat and Souillac (Motorway & Railway station, 10 mn from home) & Halfway too, in between the White Périgord , the Green and the Red One and Quercy regions and on the edge of Correze and Lot. So there is lots to see and do as in Paris. Within a radius of 30 miles there are lots of places to visit: monuments to France's medieval history (Valley of the Castles (there are 1001 Castles along the Dordogne River, most of them built during the 100 Years War in between France & England) and the gem in Périgord's crown, Sarlat la Canéda). Prehistoric sites are along the Vézère river (Lascaux, Les Eyzies, etc.) and also lots of architectural, historical and natural sites to see in Quercy (Padirac chasm, Pech-Merle, St Cirq la Popie, Collonges la Rouge etc.). And not forgetting the gastronomic delights which must be sampled. After tasting all the traditionnal recipes, sun bath will be waiting for you at home round the pool , or many sports activities to try close to home (Tennis, Golf, Canoe, Biking, Walks, Horse riding...).
• WALKS : in SARLAT Pearl medieval cities, you can spend a all day there.
• WALKS : Many tours leave from the house from 6 to 20 km can be combined with paths of neighboring villages. Maintained and signposted paths throughout the year. Nordic walking and night walks with a guide according to their planning. Storytelling walks in the countryside or in Sarlat in the summer.
• BIKE PATH 5 km far from home, along the river the Dordogne in between Sarlat and Cazoulès 20 km to do on foot, bicycle or rollers. Bike rental in July and August nearby the camping in St Julien de Lampon and in Sarlat outside the high season
• HORSE RIDING in Prats de Carlux, Sarlat or Souilac.
• AEROCLUB in Domme, paragliding and ballooning over the valley castles.
• CANOES all along the Dordogne and Vézère on sunny days. Outside high season only on reservation
• MARKETS: Tuesday in Cénac, Wednesday in Sarlat ou Montignac, Thursday in St Julien de Lampon, Domme, Friday in Souillac, Saturday in Sarlat, Sunday in St Cyprien and St Genies, and many Bio Food markets and direct sales in farms.
• VALLEY of the VEZERE : Lot of important Prehistorical sites : Lascaux, Les Eyzies, Préhisto Park, La Roque St Christophe, Castle of Losse ...
• In the QUERCY : many villages and natural site: Rocamadour, Carennac, Loubressac, Autoire, Martel, Padirac , Animal parks, Castles : Montal, Castelnaud Bretenoux...
• In the CORREZE : Terrasson, Castle of Hautefort, Collonges la Rouge, Turenne, Curemonte , Towers of Merle.
• Close to BERGERAC, Cloister of Cadouin, Issigeac, Castle of Biron, Montpazier, Single Trémolat, and numerous vineyards (Montbazillac Bergerac).
• In the LOT : Cahors, many vineyards, plus the lovely village of Popie St Cyr, Castle of Bonaguil & the cave of Pech-Merle
• VALLEE of the DORDOGNE and the castles of Fénelon, Montfort, La Roque Gageac, Castelnaud, Beynac, Les Mllandes.
• For GOURMET TOUR, we recomand you : Hostellerie de Béquignolles in Carlux, La Gabarre in St Julien de Lampon, Le Grand Bleu, Petit Manoir, Octroi, Jardins d'Harmonie, Le Gaulois, Food & Co in Sarlat, La Metairie Route des Eyzies, Castle of St Genies, Auberge du Bareuil at the Chapelle Au Bareuil, Chestnut and Cabanoix à Domme, L'Auberge du Parc in Hautefort.
• BROCANTE & Garage Sales every week-end from April to October.
• JANUARY/FEBRUARY : Truffle and foie gras Market.
• FEBRUARY/MARCH : Cookery courses to do some Home made Pâtés
• APRIL : Find chocolate eggs in Marqueyssac garden.
• MAY/JUNE, Most beautifull months to visit the gardens (Water gardens in Carsac, Manoir d'Eyrignac 5mn from home, Imagination in Terrasson, Cadiot in Carlux, and Marqueyssac in Vézac...)
• ALL SUMMER :
- Free animations in the Streets of Sarlat starting at 9pm.
- On Mondays Private Concerts evening at home (Jazz, Blues, Soul...) from 21h to 23h
- Possibility of Pique-Nique along the Dordogne on Friday evenings
• JULY :
- Souillac Jazz Festival,
- Mid-July-early AUGUST, Theater Festival in Sarlat, one of the oldest after Avignon,
- End of July : Old cars Meeting every 2 years in Sarlat, Festival of Scarecrows in Meyrals, Vaniers at the market of Issigeac.
• Mid-SEPTEMBER Days of the Patrimoine, See Sarlat with thousands of candles.
• In early NOVEMBER French Film Festival, many in preview projections with directors and actors.
• From September to May, 2-3 shows per month, theater and concerts, varied program in Sarlat.
• DECEMBER ; Storytelling evenings by the fireplace, Christmas market and skating ring in Sarlat.
• Cinemas : 4 rooms in Sarlat & 1 in Souillac;