PERFECT TO EXPLORE EDINBURGH ON FOOT
You will enjoy exclusive use of this beautiful apartment with its TWO double bedrooms that luxuriously accommodates up to 5 people - two couples or one couple/two singles plus sofa. There is a bright, sunny, open plan living room with fascinating views over The Writers Museum and a pedestrian square, with its regular walking tours, and towards The Castle.
Three-seater and 2-seater leather sofas in the living room, a dining suite and spacious facilities provides lots of room for our 4-person limit.
The apartment has a fully fitted and equipped kitchen with a dishwasher, fridge, microwave and full cooker/hob and toaster facilities; a modern bathroom with bath and electric shower and a washing machine in the utility cupboard. Full spec internet and wifi connection (which you can use free of charge anywhere in the UK using BT WiFi). Flat screen TV. Hair dryer. No lift. Several flights of stairs, so be ready to get in shape!
During your stay you will have quick and easy access to the central Edinburgh attractions and shopping, some literally on your doorstep and most up to a maximum of just 10-15 minutes walk.
This top floor apartment is situated in the heart of Edinburgh's Auld (Old) Town and in the local area you will find everything you need for a great stay; there are food shops, 100s of cafes and restaurants, takeaways, bars and clubs - all within a short walk of your front door. It is also just a short 5-10 min walk to Edinburgh train and bus stations, so you can easily explore more of Scotland and North of England!
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest Amenities||100 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: http://www.edinburghairport.com/, Nearest railway: http://www.networkrail.co.uk/edinburgh-waverley-st|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
|General||Central heating, TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Single beds (2), Double beds (2), Dining seats for 4, Lounge seats for 5|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
Edinburgh's skyline is dominated by the beautiful Edinburgh Castle. Built in 1617, the Castle is one of Scotland's most iconic visitor attractions, and sits on its own volcanic rock at the top of the Royal Mile. The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo is also set against the Castle's backdrop every August, and showcases the best military bands, pipers and drummers, dancers and display teams from across the world.
Great suggestions of things to do and see also within walking distance include:
- National Museum of Scotland: explore the diversity of the natural world, world cultures, art and design, science and technology and Scottish history, all under one roof and throughly well worth a visit to this newly modernised Museum.
- The Scotch Whisky Experience: All Whisky tours start with a swirling, bubbling barrel ride ...
- The Real Mary King's Close: the #1 thing to do in Edinburgh according to the Lonely Planet and well worth a visit (if you're not claustrophobic!);
- Our Dynamic Earth: The Mother Earth of all adventures and a a science centre with interactive exhibits about planet earth.
Edinburgh's Camera Obscura and World of Illusions: provides unrivalled views over Edinburgh's skyline & fun attractions;
- Surgeons' Hall Museums: think gruesome and possibly Burke and Hare. Although initially established as a medical teaching resource, access by all is a priority. Visitors can explore The Pathology Museum, The History of Surgery Museum and the Dental Museum. The kids will love it!
- Walking and ghost tours too numerous to list; open the apartment window and you will hear many of the actor/guides entertain their groups with dark tales, throughout the day and into the early evening!
Edinburgh is the world's Festival City. It's where people come together from across the globe to share their passion for arts, culture and ideas. There are 12 Festivals throughout the year ranging from the famous Fringe during August with 1000s of events packed into a free 400-page Guide, to the Literary, International Science (in the spring) and International Magic Festivals.
Check out the Edinburgh Summer Festivals online:
- International Science Festival: 5-20 April 2014. The world's first science festival: a public celebration of all the wonders, inventions and innovations in the world of science and technology.
- Imaginate Festival: 5-14 May 2014. Scotland's international festival of performing arts for children and young people.
- International Film Festival:18 - 29 June 2014. A home of innovative and exciting cinema, the Festival has presented cinema's most important moments and hosted to the world's greatest filmmakers.
- International Magic Festival: July 2014 dates tbc. MagicFest is a unique event, designed to bring back to the stage amazing, live, magic shows, which are rarely available for the general public these days, and let audiences rediscover the seldom experienced states of awe and wonderment.
- Jazz and Blues Festival: 19 - 27 July 2014. Featuring international stars, exciting newcomers and the hottest local talent spanning the earliest jazz forms to the thriving contemporary creativity of today.
- Art Festival: 2 Aug - 2 Sept 2014 tbc. The city's galleries, museums and visual art spaces combine to present the most exciting and intriguing of the modern and contemporary visual arts world.
- Royal Military Tattoo: 1 - 24 August 2014. A unique blend of music, ceremony, entertainment and theatre set against magnificent Edinburgh Castle combines to create one of the world's greatest shows.
- International Festival: 8 - 31 August 2014. The finest in classical music, theatre, opera and dance gather to present one of the most innovative and accessible Festivals of the performing arts.
- Fringe Festival: 1 - 25 August 2014. The largest arts Festival in the world transforms Edinburgh with live theatre and comedy performances in the streets and across over 250 venues around the city. This is what you will see instantly you step out of the apartment in August as budding stars vie to persuade you to see their show! The street theatre continues outside of the Fringe dates too.
- International Book Festival: 9 - 25 August 2014. The largest Book Festival of its kind, with over 700 world-class writers and thinkers taking part in more than 800 events.
- Mela Festival 31 August: 1 September 2014 tbc. An exciting celebration and exploration of the people, places and identities that reflect the diverse communities of the world.
- International Storytelling Festival: 18-27 October 2013. Scotland's inspirational annual celebration of traditional and contemporary storytelling.
And not forgetting the BIGGEST OF ALL - Edinburgh's Hogmany: The largest New Year event in the world with five days of celebrations culminating with a massive New Year's Eve street party. The Apartment is close to the Special Party Zone.
This top floor apartment is situated in the heart of Edinburgh's Auld (Old) Town and in the local area you will find everything you need for a great stay; there are food shops, 100s of cafes and restaurants, takeaways, bars and clubs - all within a short walk of your front door. It is also just a short 5-10 min walk to Edinburgh train and bus stations, so you can easily explore more of Scotland and North of England! Travelling by car? Don't, there's no need, but more information about travel, how to get to the apartment and car parking refer to the tips on how to get there.
Edinburgh is packed with things to see and do. As well as the great restaurants and shopping there are many cultural sights to visit.