Parking available - 20 minutes into the West End - pets welcome.
Harringay in North London has been our home for two years. We actually stumbled upon it as somewhere we'd like to live during an home stay!
We wanted somewhere with energy, but also that was full of families, independent shops and great transport links, within London and beyond.
We found it here: from its Turkish restaurants - one of which was recently named #2 in London on Trip Advisor - to the arty coffee shops, 24 hour fruit and vegetable shops, and Finsbury Park (which only on moving here did we realise is actually a park, not just a tube station!); it's a lovely place to call home.
Our flat is a Victorian, ground floor conversion, with a lovely garden on a quiet street with residents parking at £3.20 per day (please let us know when booking if you will be arriving by car, and we will add the cost to your booking).
The large double bedroom is South facing, with Victorian ceilings. It has storage in the form of drawers and a wardrobe, and double glazing; it's airy, bright and calm.
We have just purchased a 'trundle bed' for the room: this means sleeping arrangements can be configured either as two single beds (one of which is a bit narrower and shorter than the other due to the design); or pushed together to form a double bed (but with two single mattresses). If you are using the room just for one person, or a child, we can set the room up with just one single; in which case you'll have lots of additional floor space! We made this decision as it allows us to be more flexible for guests: please ask if you have any questions about how it can work for you!
The second double is smaller, but with the same high ceilings, a king sized bed, and view onto the garden.
The kitchen has a gas hob, and oven, and fridge freezer for your use; and the bathroom (which is feeling a little sorry for itself, and is due for a makeover!) has an over bath shower.
Although the photos may show a TV and dining table - we no longer have these, and are in the process of updating our photos to reflect this.
All bed linens and towels are included in your stay.
The area is known as having 'the best transport links outside of zone 1', with Manor House on the Piccadilly line being our local tube station (15 minutes walk, taking you to Covent Garden and Kings Cross in less than 15 minutes ), Harringay Green Lanes on the overground which can connect you with Kew Gardens and South London, Harringay National Rail and three bus routes (two of which are 24 hour night bus routes) which take you as far afield as London Bridge, Trafalgar Square and Brick Lane, as well as excellent car and rail routes North into the countryside of Hertfordshire.
As two final notes, we do have a cat - who will not be in residence during your stay (unless you'd like her to be! She has occasionally been 'requested' to stay; and is very well socialised if you'd like her company; otherwise she gets a holiday of her own at a friends!) - but who, if you have allergies, you might want to bear in mind...!
Also, we don't have a television; but the fast and unlimited Broadband will support all your technology.
Stay October 2014
-Everything was perfect, we had a wonderful time (4 days, 4 people). We went there by tube and bus and Caroline's description lead us without any problems to the location. The bus station is just around the corner. The flat is very cosy, has got a warm atmosphere and everything you need. Harringay Green Lanes is a very lively place, Stanhope Gardens is calm and a good place to relax after a day in the crowded city. A gorgeous pub, The Salisbury, is only 10 minutes walk. What we liked best in London: Alternative London organizes walks and bike tours.
Reisezeit Ende Oktober 2014
- Wir (4 Personen) haben vier sehr schöne Tage verbracht. Die Anreise mit Tube und Bus war völlig unproblematisch, die Beschreibung der Vermieter perfekt und die Bushaltestelle in der Nähe. Die Wohnung ist gemütlich und hat alles, was man für einen Aufenthalt braucht. Harringay Green Lanes ist eine absolut quirlige multi-kulti Straße, wohingegen man 50m weiter in Stanhope Gardens ruhig wohnen kann. Ein toller Pub, The Salisbury, ist nur knapp 10 min Fußweg entfernt. Wer mag, kann natürlich auch den Bus nehmen. Ganz toll: Alternative London im Eastend von London. Sie bieten walks und bike tours an.
- We stayed at Carl and Caroline's place for an extended period. They were extremely helpful and pleasant to deal with - the house was spotlessly clean when we arrived, and the notes were comprehensive and very helpful, including which of the (fantastic) local restaurants we should eat at. It's a lived-in house not a hotel, and if like us that's what you're looking for, you'll love it.
- Caroline and Carl are wonderful hosts. The communication was excellent; timely and extremely helpful. The listing was everything we expected and more. It is conveniently located in an area just outside of the city center so after a full day of sightseeing you come back to a quiet place to sleep. Perfect for longer stays. The food on the main road only two blocks away had some of the best Turkish food I've ever had! And plenty of other choices as well. The neighborhood was safe and clean with public transportation readily available. The people were very friendly. There is a park nearby and good pubs as well.
- Welcoming, cozy, positioned in a nice quiet street but not too far from all the action and restaurants. Clean comfortable beds - will book again. Thank you Carl and Caroline - great hosts!
- Fab flat, everything you would need, felt very homely and safe. Great transport connections too! Had great and speedy communications with Caroline. Lovely people.
- This flat is absolutely gorgeous! It has beautiful furniture and decoration. It is small, but you find everything you might need. The hosts are very helpful and communicative. Some things didn't work properly, as in every household, but we felt very comfortable. The location is just perfect, close to Metro and Bus stations, lots of shops and restaurants just down the street. Even though we were a group of five people, we could easily fit in this flat (2 bedrooms and couch).
- Excellent location. funky, friendly and clean place. Would highly recommend!
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, House swap, Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
|General||Central heating, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron|
|Utilities||Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||King Beds (1), Single beds (2)|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|