* Built by local craftsmen with traditional Thai features, our villa accommodates 6 people in a luxurious environment.
* As good as it looks and better than it sounds, Bahn Nam Soey is decorated and furnished to a high standard.
* The master bedroom enjoys a fitted dressing area, tv/dvd, his and hers facilities and a large furnished balcony with sea views.
* The open plan lounge/kitchen leads onto the downstairs covered terrace equipped with dining table and loungers. There is a 32" flat screen TV and home movie centre in the lounge
* The house with its many windows and terraces offers the best of indoor outdoor living.
* Imported Mothercare cot for upto 5 years of age.
* security gates for young children...and anxious parents!!
* Very importantly it remains cool indoors even when the temperature outside is soaring thanks to its fans, windows and air conditioning.
* Wherever you are in the house there's a lovely view of the beautifully maintained tropical garden, the swimming pool(15 x 3metres) and the sea (rather larger).
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Bang Po|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest Amenities||50 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Koh Samui 12 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
|Luxuries||Jacuzzi or hot tub, DVD player, Staffed property, Sea view|
|General||Air conditioning, TV, CD player, Safe, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms of which 3 En suites|
|Furniture||Single beds (2), Double beds (2), Cots (2), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden, Shared garden, BBQ|
|Further details indoors|
Space, elegance, luxury and flexibility are the words most used by our guests over the last eight years to describe our villa.
* The space of the master bedroom with king sized bed, personal dressing area, double wash basins, walk-in shower and roof top terrace with its expansive views over the treetops and out to sea. The space of the large open plan lounge and kitchen area leading to the lower covered terrace.
* The elegance of the white interiors and ceramic tiled floors which welcome the sunshine but keep out the heat. The well appointed lounge with 32" flat screen TV, DVD and large selection of CDs The elegance of the carefully chosen furniture and decor.
* The luxury of the day beds, the massage and rocking chairs. The air-conditioning and the fans, the carefully selected lamps, which create a cooling ambiance for tropical evenings and comfortable sleeping. The luxury of a mini bar in the master bedroom for cold drinks on the balcony where at night you can see flotillas of lighted fishing boats, all under a starry sky.
* The flexibility of one bedroom with twin beds and various places where you can simply sit and unwind in sunshine or shade. A kitchen bar at which you can eat or enjoy a cocktail. The flexibility of a large table and chairs on the covered terrace at which to dine or watch the world go by.
|Further details outdoors|
* Coconut River has a large 'free form' pool, with jacuzzi, waterfall and shallow pool. There are a number of sunloungers and umbrellas for your use. All this and the beautiful gardens are maintained by our full time gardener.
* At night we have our security guard on duty.
* During the day ladies will come around to ask if you would like a massage. Boor and her friend will charge 300 baht for an hours massage. Put on a relaxing CD, light some incence, it's great value and highly recommended!
* English speaking management on site
* Welcome pack provided
* twice weekly cleaning and linen change included, daily cleaning and extra laundry available for extra charge
* imported Mothercare cot (up to 5 years) plus baby cot and high chair. There is also a toddler safety rail for a single bed available.
* If you would like to hire a car/jeep (its not essential, taxis and local buses are plentiful) let us know and we will arrange this for you
* If you have friends/family who wish to holiday with you, we can inquire about the availability of other villas at Coconut River.
When you fly over Koh Samui upon arrival you will see that it takes its place in a ribbon of islands including Koh Phangan ( home to the famous Full Moon parties!), the Anthong National Park and Koh Tao. Guests can enjoy a fabulous day trip to any of these islands for snorkeling, diving, kayaking, sightseeing and eating at local restaurants.
The climate is tropical, mostly 30 C, with gentle sea breezes. The rainy season is short and pre Christmas.
Samui itself is a small island where nothing is further that 30 mins away by jeep. You can go elephant trekking, take a jungle adventure or explore the many beautiful beaches around the island. Other popular sights include the Big Buddha, the Muslim fishing village, Grandfather/ Grandmother rocks, waterfalls and the many Watts (temples).
Nearby Nathon, capital of the island, is great for local shopping, markets, restaurants and bars. A visit to the Sunset bar, followed by sampling the food stalls at the ferry piers is a must. Chaweng is the most developed tourist beach on the island, a hotspot for night life, with shops, bars and restaurants of every description and price range. Closer to home we recommend Bophut Fisherman's village and Maenam for ATMS, shops, restaurants and bars.
For self caterers there is even a huge Tesco/Lotus near Chaweng with a multiplex cinema and Bowling Ally.
10 mins down the road is a truly world class 18 hole, 6000m golf course with a fabulous club house and views to die for. The restaurant is open to all.
Coconut River is a unique development. It is well named with soaring coconut palms giving some shade to the beautiful tropical garden which lies beneath the palms and embraces the eight houses of Coconut River and its sparkling swimming pool. The pool incorporates a Jacuzzi and a shallower section for those less confident in the water. Our guests love the pool, garden and sea views and often refer to it as a hidden treasure. Beautiful in sunlight, drenched by tropical rain or illuminated by house lights in the evening, Coconut River is a tranquil delight.
Bang Por beach, always visible from Bahn Nam Soey, is 3.5 Km long and remains essentially an unspoilt local beach. As you stroll along it or sunbathe you will be able to watch fishermen work the edge of the reef or see them catch squid at night with their lamps and spears. The beautiful Anthong National Park shimmers in the distance and Koh Phangan beckons across the bay. It is a very safe beach and can provide some absorbing snorkelling. You will find many local restaurants within easy walking distance where you can dine at the water's edge at very modest prices.
Don't forget to have a massage on the terrace!