The Linhay provides 5 star accommodation, with two bathrooms, large modern kitchen, separate cosy sitting room and private garden. Perfect for one or two couples or a family. For families, The Linhay is equipped with all you could need including a high chair, travel cot, stair gate, child-friendly cutlery/plates/bowls, and some toys. The Area has lots to offer: Choose from two or three local beaches all 5 to 15 minutes away. Plus many other attractions such as Bicton Park Gardens.
The Rolle Arms, a family friendly pub opposite, is open throughout the festive period, serving hot tasty meals.....plus they have a skittle alley!
The Linhay is also a great get-away for one or two couples wanting to relax in a village setting without having to roam far from their front door. The pub opposite offers take aways, and the second village pub, the Walter Raleigh, is thatched and charming. Lots of local choice for restaurants and if you want a bit more night life Exeter is only 10 miles away. A light and airy option for summer, and a warm and cosy option for the winter with remote controlled gas burning stove and under-floor heating.
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Budleigh Salterton 2 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest Amenities||1 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Exeter 15 km, Nearest railway: Exeter 31 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
|General||Central heating, CD player, Telephone, Satellite TV|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 En suites|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Single beds (2), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Further details indoors|
- A modern, spacious, fully equipped kitchen-diner, with Cornish Slate floor. Perfect for entertaining.
- A separate sitting room perfect for relaxation. With a small selection of books and DVDs and some toys. Double sofa bed sleeping an additional two people if required (maximum 6 plus cot). Plus remote-controlled gas-burning stove.
- Upstairs there are two spacious bedrooms: - Bedroom one is large with king size bed, and en-suite with double-headed shower, basin and WC
- Spacious and immaculate twin room with full-size single beds.
- The barn has an unusual mezzanine hallway with lots of exposed beams.
- Luxury family bathroom with wide bath/shower
- The barn benefits from gas stove (lounge) and radiators upstairs.
- The Linhay is a recently converted thatched barn with a green oak frame, with lots of exposed beams, giving the feeling of staying in a (posh!) treehouse. There is lots of natural light from the large windows.
|Further details outdoors|
Small private garden with table & chairs. Child and pet friendly.
Off street private parking for up to 3 cars.
Change over day is Saturday in busy periods, such as school holidays. But please check as we may be able to provide a different change over day.
Welcome pack on arrival for stays of a week or more.
50% deposit due with booking. If your holiday date is within 6 weeks, the full amount is required. We will send you an email confirming your booking and deposit payment. Approx. 9 weeks before you holiday we will contact you to remind you that your balance is due.
We will accept short breaks of 3 nights minimum out of peak times.
East Budleigh, a "Britain in Bloom" winner every year since 2003, is best known as the birthplace of Sir Walter Raleigh. Set in the heart of the Devon countryside in an area of "outstanding beauty", the village has a brook meandering along the high street. It has an ancient church, community shop, a garage, two pubs and lovely tea rooms. East Budleigh is approximately 1.5 miles from the sea at Budleigh Salterton, a pretty, unspoilt pebble beach whilst the sandy beach of Exmouth is approximately 10 minutes drive. There is easy access to countryside and coastal walks.
East Budleigh is only a mile and a half away from the Jurassic Coast. The Jurassic Coast covers 95 miles of truly stunning coastline from Exmouth, in East Devon, to Dorset, with rocks recording 185 million years of the Earth's history. It is England's first natural World Heritage site. World Heritage status was achieved because of the site's unique insight into the Earth Sciences as it clearly depicts a geological 'walk through time'. World heritage sites are places of 'outstanding universal value' selected by UNESCO. Exmouth, at the estuary's mouth, marks the World Heritage Coastline's western gateway and despite being one of England's oldest resorts, remains untouched by commercialism.
There is so much to do in the local area:
1. Proximity to the Jurassic coast, a World Heritage site. Enjoy glorious walks with breathtaking views
2. Great beaches - Budleigh Salterton is a pretty shingle beach (1.5 miles), whilst Exmouth (5.5 miles) is a large sandy beach.
3. Many attractions for all the family in easy reach, such as Bicton Park Botanical gardens - beautiful gardens, children's play areas & train ride. Or Powderham Castle which is rumoured to be haunted, or The Seal Sanctuary.
4. Proximity to Exeter, with its wonderful cathedral and great shopping and only 10 miles away.
5. Great Golf, including East Devon Golf club within 5-10 minutes drive situated on the cliff top at Budleigh Salterton at the western end of the World Heritage coast, with magnificent views along the coast. One of the finest courses in the south west, according to Peter Alliss, the 16th tee provides 'the best view in golf'.
6. Lots of lovely country pubs and tea rooms in the area! Probably not the best holiday for those on a diet as there really is an abundance of good food on the doorstep, including lovely delis and farm shops.
We would also love to hear about any great finds in the local area-places of interest, pubs, restaurants, etc.