House | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 4
Woodbine House is a traditional 2 bedroom house which lies a short way up Wood Lane in Kingswear and overlooks the River Dart from almost every room. A full width balcony which enjoys the afternoon and evening sun is accessed by French doors from both the living and dining areas, and provides breathtaking panoramic views. Stylishly furnished, it has been awarded the prestigious ‘four star gold’ award by Visit England. Situated in a peaceful setting the house is just a short walk from the ferries across the river to lively Dartmouth, and the marina car park where a parking space is provided.
From the delightful setting of Kingswear alongside the River Dart, guests are perfectly located to explore and discover the natural delights of this area. Take a ride on the Dartmouth Steam Railway winding along the banks of the river and then along the Paignton coastline or relax on board a boat trip up to Dartmouth offering spectacular rural views and an array of wildlife en route. For those of a more active nature join the South West Coastal Path as it undulates and winds its way to Brixham, challenging but ultimately rewarding with unrivalled coastal views. Along the way stop off at Coleton Fishacre, owned by the National Trust and the former residence of the D’Oyly Carte family and home to a 30 acre garden.
Across the river from Kingswear is the historic naval town of Dartmouth. Easily accessible by the regular foot or car ferry and a great reason to stroll through the narrow lanes and discover the array of galleries showcasing local art. The Britannia Naval College can also be visited on certain days along with the remains of Dartmouth Castle, at the mouth of the River Dart.
Kingswear Village Stores offer deliveries free of charge to Blue Chip properties located in Kingswear, specialising in a range of locally sourced produce. Call 01803 752291 for full details of times and availability of deliveries.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Exeter International 56 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|General||Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (2), Double beds (1), Dining seats for 4|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, BBQ|
|Further details indoors|
- Situated on the top floor, the living area provides spectacular views of Dartmouth, the River Dart and surrounding countryside.
- French doors lead onto the balcony.
- Stylishly furnished with a three seater sofa, two armchairs, oak coffee table, and side tables with reading lamps.
- Features a flatscreen TV with Sky and Freeview channels, Sky+ hard drive recorder, DVD player and Playstation.
- Wi-Fi access.
- The dining area, also on the top floor, has a second set of French doors providing access to the balcony.
- Stunning views of the River Dart can be enjoyed even from the dining table.
- Features include a large oak dining table and four chairs, oak sideboard, and a music system.
- A fully fitted kitchen with under floor heating, situated on the first floor
- Features an integral fridge, freezer, washer/dryer and dishwasher.
- Full utensils and accessories include microwave, kettle, toaster, cafetiere, iron and ironing board.
- An additional oak dining table and four chairs.
- Located on the ground floor with views of the courtyard and up the River Dart to the upper ferry.
- Furnished with a large kingsize bed, double wardrobe, chest of drawers and two bedside tables with lamps.
- Wall mounted flatscreen TV with Freeview.
- Situated on the first floor, this room overlooks the courtyard and down to the River Dart.
- Furnished with two single beds, a double wardrobe, chest of drawers and a bedside table with lamp.
- A spacious room on the ground floor with under floor heating and heated towel rail.
- Features a bath, separate shower cubicle, wash basin and wc.
|Further details outdoors|
- A full width balcony with tables and seating provides magnificent views of the river, Dartmouth and the surrounding countryside.
- A private courtyard with table and four chairs and a BBQ allows for alfresco eating.
- A car parking space is provided in the marina car park.
The West Country region
The warm climate and award-winning beaches enjoyed by South Devon have kept it a fashionable holiday resort for many generations. Torquay, Paignton and Brixham make up Torbay, one of the most popular areas for holidays in South Devon, and the area also includes the coastal towns of Dawlish, Teignmouth and Starcross. South Devon holiday cottages position their guests in some of the country’s prettiest locations for a break with a continental feel.
South Devon hosts dozens of festivals and regattas throughout the whole year
One of the world’s oldest shipwrecks was found off South Devon’s coast
Pete Goss built his Team Phillips catamaran in Totnes
The South West Coastal Path winds round the rugged coast from Torbay, down the steep streets of Kingswear, across the ferry and through the heart of Dartmouth into the picturesque countryside and impressive coastline of the South Hams. These elegant yachting towns, situated on either side of the River Dart, provide the perfect base for exploring on land or on water, with the open sea a short sail up the estuary and the tranquil charms of the River Dart in the other direction.
The streets of Dartmouth are busy throughout the year with tourists and locals enjoying café society and excellent shopping. Quiet Kingswear provides the perfect base for those seeking peace and quiet with the convenience of Dartmouth only five minutes across the water.
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
12 Jun 2013
"what a view"
Though pokey, this small house was perfect for us 4. We spent most time on the top floor, which is spacious, and endowed with such a perfect view of dartmouth across the water. The balcony was ideal… More
11 Jun 2013
"Beautiful house, great location"
Our short stay at Woodbine House was over too quickly. We found the house very comfortable, so clean and well catered. The bedrooms are large enough for a couple of cases, not a lot more, but it'… More
You're booking with
Blue Chip Holidays (Property Manager Blue Chip Holidays)
- 7 Years listed
Based in United Kingdom
Credit cards accepted
- Visit site
- 199 properties
- 174 properties
- 154 properties
- 107 properties
- 89 properties
- 81 properties
- 53 properties
- 42 properties
- 37 properties
- 35 properties
- Newton Abbot
- 25 properties
- 22 properties
- 20 properties
- 17 properties
- 17 properties
- Stoke Gabriel
- 14 properties
- 14 properties
- Slapton, Devon
- 12 properties
- Start Bay
- 10 properties
- 10 properties