River Cottage - 950
Cottage | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 4
Located in the village of Kingswear, River Cottage is a two bedroom property offering unrestricted views along the River Dart and across to Dartmouth with a backdrop of rolling hills.
The property benefits from an outdoor patio area, offering stunning panoramic river views whilst the interior is characterised by a Victorian-style open fireplace.
The village of Kingswear is welcoming and peaceful yet it is only a five minute ferry crossing to the lively and unique Naval town of Dartmouth.
From Kingswear, the Dartmouth Steam Railway departs for Paignton and offers some of the finest views over the undulating South West Coastal Path and out to sea.
Dartmouth is home to a selection of fine restaurants, bars, cafés, galleries and shops to explore. From the embankment take a leisurely scenic boat tour up the River Dart to the market town of Totnes or visit the former residence of Agatha Christie, Greenway.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Breakwater Beach 10.14 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Exeter International Airport 56.49 km, Nearest railway: Kingswear Railway Station 960 m|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (2), Double beds (1), Dining seats for 4|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Further details indoors|
* The living area boasts spectacular views along the River Dart and across to Dartmouth.
* Characterised with a Victorian-style open fireplace.
* Furnished with a two seater sofa and two single chairs.
* Features a TV with freeview and hi-fi.
* Modern style kitchen comprising an electric oven, ceramic hob, fridge freezer, washing machine, dishwasher and solid wood worktops.
* Full range of utensils and accessories including a microwave, kettle, toaster and coffee machine.
* Offers views along the River Dart and across to Dartmouth.
* Bedroom one is furnished with a double bed, double wardrobe, chest of drawers and two bedside cabinets.
* Bedroom two is furnished with two single beds, single wardrobe and bedside cabinet.
* The bathroom comprises a bath, shower cubicle, wash basin, wc, mirror, shelving and shaver point.
|Further details outdoors|
* Patio area, complete with furniture, offering views over the River Dart and across to Dartmouth.
* On-street parking just a short walk away.
* Short walk to the car and passenger ferry across to Dartmouth.
* In close proximity to Coleton Fishacre National Trust property.
The West Country region
The county of Devon offers a patchwork of holiday styles, connecting the rugged open spaces of Dartmoor and Exmoor National Parks, the sandy beaches of the English Riviera and little-known villages rich in custom and history. Blue Chip’s Devon holiday cottages are scattered throughout the county, so whichever the experience visitors are looking for from their Devon holidays, the chances are it can be found in one of our many locations.
* Devon’s Dartmoor National Park is the same size as London
* Devon is famous for its cream teas, made with clotted cream, scones and jam
* The Jurassic Coast in East Devon includes areas of rock dating 185 million years
The South West Coastal Path winds round the rugged coast from Torbay, down the steep streets of Kingswear, across the ferry and through the heart of Dartmouth into the picturesque countryside and impressive coastline of the South Hams. These elegant yachting towns, situated on either side of the River Dart, provide the perfect base for exploring on land or on water, with the open sea a short sail up the estuary and the tranquil charms of the River Dart in the other direction.
The streets of Dartmouth are busy throughout the year with tourists and locals enjoying café society and excellent shopping. Quiet Kingswear provides the perfect base for those seeking peace and quiet with the convenience of Dartmouth only five minutes across the water.
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
9 Dec 2013
"A perfect view with an ace cottage attached"
The reviewer from June 2013 has said it all. We stayed in December but the view from the windows and patios was absolutely stunning. The cottage itself is very well presented, bags of storage and ev… More
12 Jun 2013
"Fabulous cottage with stunning views"
We recently stayed at River Cottage after finding it through an internet search engine. The property was first class and everything was of the highest standard. It was spotless on arrival, the kitchen… More
You're booking with
Blue Chip Holidays (Property Manager Blue Chip Holidays)
- 7 Years listed
Calendar last updated:28 Nov 2014
Based in United Kingdom
Credit cards accepted
- Visit site
- 383 properties
- 324 properties
- 313 properties
- 299 properties
- 272 properties
- 199 properties
- 191 properties
- Newton Abbot
- 85 properties
- 71 properties
- 45 properties
- 43 properties
- 36 properties
- 31 properties
- 21 properties
- 20 properties
- Start Bay
- 17 properties
- Stoke Gabriel
- 16 properties
- Slapton, Devon
- 13 properties
- South Brent
- 12 properties
- 12 properties