River Cottage - 950
About the home
Located in the village of Kingswear, River Cottage is a two bedroom property offering unrestricted views along the River Dart and across to Dartmouth with a backdrop of rolling hills.
The property benefits from an outdoor patio area, offering stunning panoramic river views whilst the interior is characterised by a Victorian-style open fireplace.
The village of Kingswear is welcoming and peaceful yet it is only a five minute ferry crossing to the lively and unique Naval town of Dartmouth.
From Kingswear, the Dartmouth Steam Railway departs for Paignton and offers some of the finest views over the undulating South West Coastal Path and out to sea.
Dartmouth is home to a selection of fine restaurants, bars, cafés, galleries and shops to explore. From the embankment take a leisurely scenic boat tour up the River Dart to the market town of Totnes or visit the former residence of Agatha Christie, Greenway.
|Size:||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach:||Breakwater Beach, 10.1km|
|Will consider:||Corporate lets|
|Family friendly?||Suitable for children of all ages|
Unsuitable for people with restricted mobility
No smoking at this property
|Utilities:||Dishwasher, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms:||2 Bedrooms, 1 family bathroom|
|Furniture:||Single beds (2), Double beds (1), Dining seating for 4|
|Other:||Linen and towels provided|
Further details indoors:
* The living area boasts spectacular views along the River Dart and across to Dartmouth.
* Characterised with a Victorian-style open fireplace.
* Furnished with a two seater sofa and two single chairs.
* Features a TV with freeview and hi-fi.
* Modern style kitchen comprising an electric oven, ceramic hob, fridge freezer, washing machine, dishwasher and solid wood worktops.
* Full range of utensils and accessories including a microwave, kettle, toaster and coffee machine.
* Offers views along the River Dart and across to Dartmouth.
* Bedroom one is furnished with a double bed, double wardrobe, chest of drawers and two bedside cabinets.
* Bedroom two is furnished with two single beds, single wardrobe and bedside cabinet.
* The bathroom comprises a bath, shower cubicle, wash basin, wc, mirror, shelving and shaver point.
Further details outdoors:
* Patio area, complete with furniture, offering views over the River Dart and across to Dartmouth.
* On-street parking just a short walk away.
* Short walk to the car and passenger ferry across to Dartmouth.
* In close proximity to Coleton Fishacre National Trust property.
The West Country / Devon region
The county of Devon offers a patchwork of holiday styles, connecting the rugged open spaces of Dartmoor and Exmoor National Parks, the sandy beaches of the English Riviera and little-known villages rich in custom and history. Blue Chip’s Devon holiday cottages are scattered throughout the county, so whichever the experience visitors are looking for from their Devon holidays, the chances are it can be found in one of our many locations.
* Devon’s Dartmoor National Park is the same size as London
* Devon is famous for its cream teas, made with clotted cream, scones and jam
* The Jurassic Coast in East Devon includes areas of rock dating 185 million years
The Dartmouth / Kingswear area
The South West Coastal Path winds round the rugged coast from Torbay, down the steep streets of Kingswear, across the ferry and through the heart of Dartmouth into the picturesque countryside and impressive coastline of the South Hams. These elegant yachting towns, situated on either side of the River Dart, provide the perfect base for exploring on land or on water, with the open sea a short sail up the estuary and the tranquil charms of the River Dart in the other direction.
The streets of Dartmouth are busy throughout the year with tourists and locals enjoying café society and excellent shopping. Quiet Kingswear provides the perfect base for those seeking peace and quiet with the convenience of Dartmouth only five minutes across the water.
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
Contact the advertiser for further details on the best way to reach this property.
Activities near Dartmouth
Beach or lakeside relaxation
|Rental prices originally quoted in: British £||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 4|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|27 Oct 12||3 Nov 12||£ 424||-||-||3 Nights|
|3 Nov 12||22 Dec 12||£ 304||-||-||3 Nights|
|22 Dec 12||5 Jan 13||£ 574||-||-||3 Nights|
|5 Jan 13||16 Feb 13||£ 284||-||-||3 Nights|
|16 Feb 13||23 Feb 13||£ 324||-||-||3 Nights|
|23 Feb 13||23 Mar 13||£ 294||-||-||3 Nights|
|23 Mar 13||13 Apr 13||£ 509||-||-||3 Nights|
|13 Apr 13||25 May 13||£ 449||-||-||3 Nights|
|25 May 13||1 Jun 13||£ 709||-||-||1 Week|
|1 Jun 13||29 Jun 13||£ 549||-||-||3 Nights|
|29 Jun 13||20 Jul 13||£ 619||-||-||3 Nights|
|20 Jul 13||27 Jul 13||£ 809||-||-||1 Week|
|27 Jul 13||31 Aug 13||£ 869||-||-||1 Week|
|31 Aug 13||14 Sep 13||£ 499||-||-||3 Nights|
|14 Sep 13||28 Sep 13||£ 479||-||-||3 Nights|
|28 Sep 13||19 Oct 13||£ 429||-||-||3 Nights|
|19 Oct 13||26 Oct 13||£ 449||-||-||3 Nights|
|26 Oct 13||2 Nov 13||£ 489||-||-||3 Nights|
|2 Nov 13||21 Dec 13||£ 339||-||-||3 Nights|
|21 Dec 13||4 Jan 14||£ 639||-||-||3 Nights|
The property's weekend rates apply to: Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
- A deposit of 1/3 of the total price is required to secure a property. The remaining balance is then due six weeks before arrival.
- For bookings arriving within 6 weeks, payment must be made in full by debit or credit card.
- Credit card payments will incur a 2.95% service charge.
- Only Saturday to Saturday bookings are accepted in July and August.
- Short breaks (min. 3 nights) are accepted at all other times of the year.
- Each booking also incurs a non-refundable booking fee of £35 (which is included in the prices above).
- All our properties are non-smoking, though smoking is permitted in outside areas.
- Properties in Dartmouth and Kingswear incur a 10% premium for stays over Dartmouth Regatta week. Properties in Fowey incur a 10% premium for stays over Fowey Regatta and Carnival week. Properties in Bude incur a 10% premium for stays over the Bude Jazz Festival.Enquire now
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
Contact the manager
* Required fields
Please check the following errors:
6 years listed
You are contacting
Blue Chip Holidays
Blue Chip Holidays (property manager)
The property manager has advertised with Holiday Lettings since 2007. This cottage has so far received no reviews.
Verified property manager
This property manager has been verified by our team.
Payments for this home can be made directly to the property manager.
Selected other homes from this advertiser
5 Kiniver Court - 18 in Teignmouth, England
1 Belvedere Court in Paignton, England
15 Belvedere Court - 68 in Paignton, England
28 Century Quay - 170 in Plymouth, England
Holiday accommodation in England (20,934)