Apartment | 1 bedrooms | sleeps 2
Lovely accommodation designed especially for couples. Bright, comfortable and very spacious. A beautifully peaceful place to relax. Hands-on owners keep weekly rates really competitive. Short breaks, charged pro-rata, are great value. A lovely place to stay.
Withywell provides lovely bright, spacious and comfortable accommodation for two (and your baby if you have one). Conveniently, we're in a quiet spot close to both the beach and all village amenities. And, unlike most properties down in the village, from our raised position on the slopes of Saunton Down there are wonderful country, sea, and sunset views. So, whether you're a walker, surfer, or just looking for somewhere to relax, Withywell could well be the perfect place for you.
The photos hopefully tell you more than a few words can, but here's what you'll find at Withywell...
A very spacious LOUNGE/DINER, south-facing and sunny. Comes with a comfy suite and separate dining area. Oh yes, and a flat screen digital TV. Go on, admit it - you were wondering weren't you!
One large DOUBLE BEDROOM with sea views and a door opening directly on to the patio. Lovely on a summer's morning!
Fully equipped KITCHEN. Why not cook yourself a banquet? Or at least a bacon sarnie before you go out for the day!
BATHROOM with bath and thermostatic shower. Not much to say there, except that I did all the tiling myself. Yes, really.
Sunny south facing CONSERVATORY - great for sipping something cool as the light fades at the end of another sunny day...
Secluded, south facing PATIO with table, chairs & sun loungers. Sit in the sun. Enjoy the peace and quiet. Fall asleep!
Private, secluded GARDEN with lovely sea and countryside views. No you don't have to do any weeding.
Private PARKING. Unexciting but essential.
Free WIFI. Yes the 21st century has reached even here. Ignore it if you want to, I would.
CENTRAL HEATING. Oh all right, we do have the odd blip between heat-waves.
And finally... we've a COT and HIGH CHAIR if you want them. Probably only if you're bringing the baby!
ALSO WE OFFER - and here we think we're a bit different...
Flexible arrival/departure days (come when it suits you, not when we say)
Short breaks all year at genuinely pro-rata rates (eg; If you're staying for 3 nights then you pay for three, not four or five!)
A minimum stay of just two nights
Fully inclusive prices - no extras.
And because we do everything ourselves, we can keep those prices to levels you'll like too!
So, whether you're ready to book now, or just have some questions for us, we'd love to hear from you - Nick & Carol
PS - Let us reassure you - unlike some one-bedroom accommodation, Withywell is most definitely NOT an annexe, granny flat or (even worse) a converted garage! In fact, the spacious and completely self-contained apartment was created by us from roughly half of our own large, rambling and characterful bungalow (the other half being our own much loved home). Now, no longer needed for family use, Withywell has been refurbished and made available for a select band of discerning visitors. And because we cater just for couples, you won't find the place cluttered up with stuff like sofa-beds or bunks you don't want or need.
Another PS - If you have restricted mobility, please note that you'll need to be able to manage a half-flight of steps to enjoy a stay at Withywell.
|Size||Sleeps up to 2, 1 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Croyde Bay 500 m|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest Amenities||500 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Exeter 100 km, Nearest railway: Barnstaple 15 km|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player, Sea view|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Utilities||Cooker, Microwave, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||1 bedroom, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seats for 2, Lounge seats for 4|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden|
The West Country region
When you visit Croyde, you're visiting the heart of North Devon - an area that includes some of Britain's most beautiful scenery. From wide, flat estuaries to high cliffs. From broad sandy beaches to rocky coves. From wooded valleys to the highest points of Exmoor.
Whether you love surfing, sightseeing, walking, or just sitting back and enjoying, there's nowhere better.
Right here in Croyde we've...
- The beach, a fine stretch of golden sand, perfect for swimming, surfing, and just splashing about. RNLI Lifeguards patrol throughout the season.
- Lovely walking in great scenery on the coast path and inland, much of it protected by the National Trust.
- Surfing; there are fully accredited surf schools and shops where you can buy (or hire) whatever you need
- Horse Riding at Roylands stables
- A weekly outdoor market throughout the summer and a regular Farmer's Market with delicious local produce
- Plenty of places to eat and drink; great pubs, cozy restaurants and tea-rooms all waiting to fill you up with whatever takes your fancy
And within just a few minutes drive you'll find...
- More great beaches at Saunton, Putsborough and Woolacombe.
- The South West Coast Path and Exmoor National Park for sightseeing and walking
- For golfers a number of courses including the famous links course at Saunton only 5 minutes drive away
- Cycling; the traffic-free Tarka Trail follows the estuary from Braunton to Barnstaple, Bideford and beyond
- There are Four-wheel driving, Quad-biking and Karting centres nearby
- National Trust house at Arlington Court
- Sea-fishing all along thecoast and inland fishing on local reservoirs
- Day Trips to Lundy Island, and coastal boat trips from Ilfracombe
- Theatres at Barnstaple and Ilfracombe
- Damien Hirst's "Verity" on Ilfracombe harbour. A must-see (or not!)
- Dozens (if not hundreds) of Art Galleries, Gardens, Museums, and other attractions.
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
12 Jan 2014
Lovely, spacious beach cottage on a hill overlooking Croyde bay. 5 min walk from beach and centre of town. Large kitchen and comfortable living room. Carol and Nick were excellent hosts, allowing u… More
Pay online via the Holiday Lettings payment platform with your credit/debit card or your PayPal account to be covered by Payment Protection. Learn more
You're booking with
100% Response rate
Based in United Kingdom
- 424 properties
- 394 properties
- 286 properties
- 201 properties
- 162 properties
- 141 properties
- 139 properties
- 116 properties
- Westward Ho
- 96 properties
- 64 properties
- Combe Martin
- 59 properties
- 49 properties
- 39 properties
- 33 properties
- 31 properties
- 30 properties
- 25 properties
- 21 properties
- 20 properties
- 11 properties