North Lake Chapel
House | 4 bedrooms | sleeps 8
North Lake Chapel is a unique large detached four bedroom house, formerly a Methodist chapel dating back to circa 1860. It enjoys the accolade of being the highest house in Devon, thus the views are simply stunning; notably Dartmoor to the south, and Exmoor to the north.
The building is an iconic landmark within its surroundings.
An imposing modern wall of glass has been built into the north gable of the property, facilitating the splendid views, and bathing the entrance hall with natural light. The Barn to the rear has also been developed into living accommodation, and is linked in to the old chapel; The Barn houses one of the two Master Bedrooms, as well as a dressing room and en-suite bathroom with a steam shower.
The main chapel features two walk-on balconies, one from the downstairs bedrooms via French Doors in each, and upstairs from the Living Area, again giving outstanding views, where dining outside on a fine day would be ideal.
The famous beaches along the North Devon coast are within striking distance, offering brilliant days out to Croyde, Woolacombe and Saunton Sands. The pretty seaside villages such as Lynmouth and Lynton are a delight and of course the location offers some of the best walking the country has going, punctuated by picture-postcard villages such as Chulmleigh four miles away, with its Delicatessan, Coffee-house, bakery, butcher’s shop, P O, and award-winning pub, The Red Lion.
The property is also ideally situated for those wishing to explore the renowned South Devon coast (The English Riviera).
|Size||Sleeps up to 8, 4 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Exeter International 42 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|General||TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 2 En suites|
|Furniture||Single beds (2), Double beds (3), Dining seats for 8|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace|
|Further details indoors|
- Situated on the first floor with three sets of double doors leading to balcony.
- Furnished with a two and three seater sofa, chaise longue, box ottoman (with board games inside) and two matching armchairs.
- Features an electric flame fire with remote control and coffee tables with lamps.
- Flatscreen, wall mounted TV with built-in DVD and Freeview.
- Book shelves with a selection of hard back books, DVDs and ipod docking station with speakers in all rooms
- Wi-Fi access.
- Recreation room complete with additional seating area, two armchairs and a flatscreen TV with built-in DVD.
- Featuring an electric oven and induction hob, fridge freezer and integrated dishwasher.
- Complete with a full range of utensils and accessories including kettle, toaster, microwave and cafetiere.
- Dining area comprises of an oak table and seating for eight.
- Separate utility room on ground floor featuring a washer dryer.
- Features a glass top desk with leather chair and large window with extensive views of the countryside.
Barn Master Bedroom with en-suite
- Features a separate dressing room and wood flooring.
- Furnished with a super king-size bed, bedside cabinets with lamps, double wardrobe and chest of drawers.
- Featuring a flatscreen TV with built-in DVD and Freeview.
- Separate small nursery room with travel cot.
- En-suite comprises of bath with shower mixer, wc, wash basin, steam shower with radio and chromotherapy.
Chapel Master Bedroom with en-suite
- Features double doors leading outside and wood flooring.
- Furnished with a king-size bed, bedside cabinets with lamps, double wardrobe and chest of drawers.
- En-suite comprises of shower cubicle, wash basin, wc and bidet.
- Situated on the ground floor with double doors leading outside.
- Furnished with a king-size bed, bedside cabinets with lamps and chest of drawers.
- Wardrobe in hallway shared with bedroom four.
- Situated on the ground floor with double doors leading outside.
- Furnished with twin beds, bedside cabinets with lamps and chest of drawers.
- Wardrobe in hallway shared with bedroom three.
- Main bathroom features a bath with overhead shower and glass screen, wc and wash basin.
- Cloakroom in hallway features wc and wash basin.
- En-suite to Barn Master Bedroom comprises of bath with shower mixer, wc, wash basin, steam shower with radio and chromotherapy.
- En-suite to Chapel Master Bedroom comprises of shower cubicle, wash basin, wc and bidet.
|Further details outdoors|
- Large first floor balcony with panoramic views to Exmoor and Dartmoor.
- Excellent walking on your doorstep.
- A short drive to Chulmleigh and to Exeter and its nearby towns.
- Off-street parking for four cars.
The West Country region
North Devon holidays and the great outdoors go hand in hand, with the area’s rugged landscapes, Atlantic coastline and stunning natural sites. The Atlantic coast of North Devon is renowned for its excellent surfing conditions – and surfers flock to the area from all over world to take advantages of the famous waves. A break in one of our North Devon holiday cottages will place guests amidst intriguing towns, the beautiful Exmoor National Park and of course, some fine surfing locations! North Devon’s dramatic scenery and unique beauty make it a true escape to the country.
North Devon is a Designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
The North Devon & Exmoor Walking Festival is held every Autumn
Exmoor Zoo is home to 200 different species
Exmoor straddles the Devon and Somerset border along the Atlantic coast and contains one of the most dramatic stretches of coastline in the country. The South West Coast Path provides a challenging hike along the hogback cliffs, but the views across the water to the Welsh coast more than compensate for any burning thighs. The coast is not the only walking on offer. The moor itself is largely uninhabited and is riddled with footpaths and bridleways allowing visitors to explore the unique landscape.
Most visitors stay in one of the many towns and villages around the edge of the moor and can choose between small coastal resorts, such as Lynton and Lynmouth, enjoying precarious locations nestled along the cliffs, or quaint inland villages like Winsford, Dulverton or Exford.
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
23 Jan 2013
"Disappointing for high end property"
Kitchen ill equipped for cooking for large number of people. Small single oven with only one rack and ,small fridge capacity. Very little work space for food preparation etc. Otherwise, spacious pr… More
Many thanks for your feedback regarding North Lake Chapel. At Blue Chip Holidays we take all feedback very seriously and can assure you that relevant investigations will take place into the issues raised. North Lake Chapel is a popular property for us so we are surprised by your experience, and we will endeavor to ensure that these problems will not be repeated.
You're booking with
Blue Chip Holidays (Property Manager Blue Chip Holidays)
- 7 Years listed
Calendar last updated:29 Aug 2014
Based in United Kingdom
Credit cards accepted
- Visit site