House | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 5
Sun Hill Cottage is a charming two bedroom terraced house situated in Cowes Old Town, just yards from boutiques and eateries in the town centre.
Internally the property has been furnished to a high standard. Externally Sun Hill Cottage offers a small courtyard complete with outdoor furniture and a barbecue.
Sun Hill Cottage is enviably located within a few steps of the town centre. The town centre with its pedestrianized high street is full of interesting boutiques, art galleries, shops and a selection of restaurants and pubs. Cowes beach can also be reached within a short walk; it’s a family-friendly shingle beach with excellent views of the Solent.
Cowes has been seen as a home for international yacht racing since the founding of the Royal Yacht Squadron in 1815. The town gives its name to the world's oldest regular regatta, Cowes Week, which occurs annually in the first week of August. Later on in the summer, powerboat races are held.
Famed for its sailing events, yachtsmen from across the world make Cowes their Mecca. But it remains a small town with a friendly, relaxed atmosphere.
For a day exploring what the rest of the Isle of Wight has to offer, a great bus service operates every fifteen minutes from Cowes town centre. Alternatively why not hire a bike and enjoy one of the many established cycle routes around the island.
|Size||Sleeps up to 5, 2 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Sandown Airport 22 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (3), Double beds (1), Dining seats for 5|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Further details indoors||
- Light and airy living room furnished with a large corner sofa and a coffee table with marble-effect top.
- Features a cast iron, open fireplace.
- Entertainment is provided by a 20” TV with Freeview and DVD player.
- Stylish open plan kitchen/diner.
- Features an oven, fridge/freezer, washing machine and dryer.
- Complete with a full range of utensils and appliances including a kettle and toaster.
- Features a Radio/CD player.
- Dining table with seating for five.
- Leads into airy lobby with hanging for coats, door to courtyard and off to shower room.
- Furnished with a double bed and bedside tables with lamps.
- Complete with a double wardrobe, chest of drawers, freestanding mirror and radio.
- Furnished with bunk-beds and a single bed.
- Compete with a double wardrobe and a radio.
- The main bathroom is accessed off bedroom two and consists of a wc, bath and wash basin.
- There is a shower room on the ground floor.
|Further details outdoors||
- Small rear courtyard with a table and chairs, complete with barbecue.
- Yards from the town centre.
- Short walk to the beach.
- On-street parking may be available in neighbouring roads or a public car park is only 100 yards away. Permits available locally for £38.00 per week.
The Isle of Wight region
Less than 5 miles from Hampshire, the Isle of Wight shimmers in the English Channel. Notorious for its unspoilt beauty, leading sailing port of Cowes and many outdoor activities, the Isle of Wight holiday is perfect for getting away from it all - at any time of year. Whether you enjoy sunny days on the beach, portside pursuits or family days out, Blue Chip Holidays’ Isle of Wight holiday cottages will position you right where you need to be!
The Isle of Wight was home to Queen Victoria and Lord Tennyson
Cowes holds the oldest regatta in the world, Cowes Week
Jimi Hendrix gave his last major performance on the Isle of Wight