Beach, Surf, Lisbon & Caparica
Apartment | 1 bedrooms | sleeps 4
Excellent fully renovated flat. This superbly well-decorated apartment, facing south, with fantastic views of the surroundings (sea and Arriba Fossil of Costa Caparica), allows you to enjoy your time in Portugal to the fullest.
The flat is ideally located close to Lisbon (15 min. by car) and in a foot distance from the beach, allowing you to visit Lisbon and at the same time enjoy the 30 km of seashore, with magnificent sandy beaches. The city is served by good public transport to Lisbon - bus, train and ferry.
Costa da Caparica is considered for many as the national capital of surf, kitesurf and body board.
Two of the best Golf courses in Portugal in the vicinity - Aroeira I and Aroeira II.
The neighborhood is very peaceful and you can find all the services you will need during your stay: good restaurants, a supermarket, bakery, cyber cafe, pharmacy, shopping mall and even a relaxed small garden.
Fully equipped with first class household and tastefully decorated, accommodates with great confort 4 guests. The apartment as a very spacious and welcoming bedroom with a double bed, a single sofa bed and a fitted wardrobe. A comfortable living and dining room with two sofa beds, Cable TV, DVD and sound equipment. A fully equipped kitchen and a modern bathroom. All the rooms have plenty of natural light as they face south, allowing you to have nice indoor temperature all the year. The property is on the fifth floor in a building with two lifts. Baby crib available on request.
Wi-Fi internet available on request.
Public free parking next to the apartment.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 1 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Costa Caparica Center 500 m|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest Amenities||50 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Lisbon International Airport 20 km, Nearest railway: Pragal Train Station 9 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||Pets welcome, Yes, smoking allowed|
Features and Facilities
|General||TV, CD player, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||1 bedroom, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||3 Sofa beds, Double beds (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Access||Parking, Lift access|
The Costa de Lisboa/Lisbon region
The apartment neighborhoods are very peaceful and you can find all the services you will need during your stay: good restaurants, supermarket, bakery, cyber cafe, pharmacy, shopping mall, a relaxed small garden less than 5 minutes walking and the city green park in your way to the beach. Two of the best Golf courses in Portugal are in the vicinity - Aroeira I e Aroeira II.
When visiting Costa da Caparica one cannot miss some fabulous places:
- Capuchos Monastery is one of them. Located in a cliff, has the most magnificent sea view and allows a privileged sight of the entire region. Here you can enjoy the magnificent late afternoons of Caparica, with the sun diving in to the Atlantic Ocean.
- During the summer (July to September), you can choose to go on a trip in the charismatic “Transpraia”. A small tram that crosses 11 km of sandy beaches, allowing you to enjoy the fantastic views of the coastline.
- Costa da Caparica possesses some of the best and more beautiful beaches of Portugal. Throughout 30 km of seashore, you will be able to find the most various beaches, with characteristics to please all: since the most lively beaches in the center of the village, to the almost deserted beaches (and naturist) of the south zone, passing through the most ideal for water or sand sports (surf, kitesurf, bodyboard, volley, soccer).
Cova do Vapor - Albatroz - Sol Nascente - Palmeiras - Parque - Sol - Kontiki - Tubarão - Búzio - Inatel - CCL - GNR - Norte
Centre beachfront (lively):
Marcelino - Santo António - CDS - Barbas - Tarquínio - Paraíso - Dragão Vermelho - Bexiga - Praia Nova - Nova Praia.
Southern beachfront (beautiful and quiet):
Saúde - Cornélia - Mata - Ponte - Banheiro - Riviera - Rainha - Tropical - Castelo - Cabana do Pescador - Princesa - Rei - Dunas - Morena - Sereia - Infante - Tartaruga - Nova Vaga - Belavista - Dezanove (naturist beach)
- Costa da Caparica breathes sport through its extensive beach front, where worldwide class waves break of, strong winds blow, a vast cliff (“Arriba”) raises, from which it's possible to fly through the skies or go for long walks or descendings in Mountain bike. For the initiates, there is a wide range of schools and clubs that allows to take knowledge of the bases of the sport and to initiate practice in ideal conditions of security and quality:
Surf e Body board – Central and south beaches
Windsurf – Cova do vapor e São João da Caparica beaches
Kite surf - Nova Vaga beach
Scuba diving - Sesimbra and in the wonderful protected area of Arrábida (within 25 minutes drive)
Fishing - All the central beaches
Mountain Biking / Cycling – “Arriba” Fossil, exclusive bike via Costa Caparica - Trafaria, northern beach front and Apostiça
Hiking – Natural area of “Mata dos Medos” and protected landscape area of “Arriba Fóssil”
Paragliding – Fonte da Telha beach
Tennis - Centro de Lazer de São João da Caparica
Horse Riding – Monte and Charneca da Caparica
- 5 km from Costa da Caparica is located the Aroeira Golf Club. Established in 1973, it counts currently with about 500 partners who regularly practice golf in the 36 holes of Aroeira I, a field to the British style (architect Frank Pennink), and Aroeira II (architect Donald Steel ), with American characteristics. Inserted in 345 hectares of natural reserve, it has a golf school, restaurant, snack bar, bar, a specialized store, swimming pool, tennis fields and children park.
- Choose to visit “Mata dos Medos”, a rich biological and botanical reserve, greatly visited for its excellent conditions of recreation, leisure and sport. “Mata dos Medos” is inserted in the protected landscape area of “Arriba Fossil”, a geologic formation composed of sedimentary rocks with about 15 million years, rich in fossil material, one of the most important geologic places in Europe.
- Enjoy the lively Costa da Caparica nightlife in a variety of nightclubs and beach bars. Some are open all year.
- You cannot miss all the good restaurants in the surrounding area, with delicious fish and seafood – next to the beach in Costa da Caparica or in Trafaria (only 4 km to the north) and Porto Brandão.
Costa da Caparica
Visiting Costa da Caparica:
- To visit the most beautiful beaches (southern front beach) is advisable to go by car or bicycle. During the summer (July to September) you can take the very typical coast tram "Transpraia" and enjoy the fantastic views of the coastline.
- You can play some golf, in the Aroeira Golf Club, 5 km from the apartment (10 min. by car).
- You have several buses leaving 400 m from the apartment, that will take you to a metro station in Lisbon (Praça de Espanha, Campo Pequeno or Areeiro), the best way to get around inside the city.
- You can also take a bus from Costa da Caparica to the Pragal Train Station and experience the spectacular railway crossing of 25 of April Bridge with its magnificent view (get out in Sete Rios, Entre Campos or Areeiro Station and take the metro).
- An excellent choise is to take a bus to the ferry station in Trafaria (4 km) and cross the breathtaking Tagus river (30 min.). The ferry ends its trip in Belém, a historical Lisbon quarter, where you can visit the Jerónimos Monastery, beautiful gardens, Belém Tower and the famous Cultural Center. Don't forget to visit the traditional pastry "Pastéis de Belém", the most famous bakery in Portugal that dates back to 1837 and is the unique place where you can taste the cakes that gives the cafe its name. One will never be enough!
- Don't miss the citys of Setúbal, Sesimbra, Azeitão and the fabulous Arrabida Natural Park.
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
9 Sep 2014
"Excellent place to stay."
An excellent apartment in a really interesting area, with lots to do and see. Maria was very communicative online and Cristine was very helpful too when we arrived. We had a wonderful time.… More
31 Mar 2014
Foi tudo exatamente como o anunciado. A única coisa que não foi anunciada foi a delicadeza e simpatia da proprietária,Maria ., recomendo e aconselho a quem queira visitar a Costa da Caparica e lisboa , o apartamento é perfeito(adoramos o frigorifico verde) e está muito bem equipado e fica junto a praia e perto de Lisboa,
Was exactly as adverted , the only thing not advert t was the extreme sympathy of the owner Maria , who is really very nice. The apartment is perfect close to the beach and is easy to go to Lisbon.
You need to pay through the Holiday Lettings website to ensure your payment is protected. We can’t protect your payment if you don’t pay through us.Learn more
You're booking with
60% Response rate
Calendar last updated:09 Sep 2014
Based in Portugal
- 1055 properties
- 292 properties
- 145 properties
- 129 properties
- 80 properties
- 76 properties
- Charneca da Caparica
- 75 properties
- 54 properties
- 32 properties
- Costa da Caparica
- 22 properties
- 21 properties
- 19 properties
- 14 properties
- Quinta do Anjo
- 12 properties
- Praia das Macas, Apple Beach
- 11 properties
- Aldeia do Meco
- 10 properties
- 10 properties
- St Estevao
- 10 properties
- 6 properties
- Monte Estoril
- 6 properties