La Porta ai Cieli
About the home
La Porta ai Cieli is located in a much sought after location in the Niccone valley with hilltop villages and restaurants close by. It is immersed in the beautiful Tuscan countryside, surrounded by olive and cypress trees and also has the delights of Umbria on its doorstep as well. As you drive through the gates and into the garden there is an amazing landscape that greets you with views over an ancient castle to the hills of Tuscany & Umbria. You now know immediately that you have made the best possible decision in making a reservation here!
|Size:||Sleeps up to 8, 4 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach:||Tuoro sul Trasimeno, 16km|
Nearest amenities: 8km
|Family friendly?||Suitable for children of all ages|
Unsuitable for people with restricted mobility
|Notes:||No pets allowed|
No smoking at this property
|Luxuries:||Log fire, Internet access, DVD player|
|Pool:||Private outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General:||Central heating, CD player, Satellite TV, Wi-fi available|
|Standard:||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities:||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms:||4 Bedrooms, 4 bathrooms of which 4 en suites|
|Furniture:||Single beds (2), Double beds (3), Dining seating for 8, Lounge seating for 8|
|Other:||Linen and towels provided|
|Outdoors:||Private outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony / Terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
Further details indoors:
• The sitting room with sofas, easy chairs, large TV and open fire place is the natural place for guests to gather if they are not outside around the pool or on the external terraces.
• French windows open to both the front and rear terraces. The kitchen is at the heart of the villa. It is extremely well equipped with modern culinary facilities that will allow you to indulge in every possible gastronomic feast.
• There is one bedroom with en suite bathroom on the ground floor. It has two single beds and the en suite bathroom has a simple shower.
• The internal stone staircase leads upstairs to the first floor and the other 3 bedrooms. The master bedroom with double bed and en suite bathroom has views over the surrounding country side to both the front and rear of the property. The delight of the bedroom is its very own integral covered external terrace. French windows lead out to this entrancing little gem where you can enjoy your first morning cappuccino, your midday riposo, your pre-prandial glass of something, your nightcap, your …. anything you want! The en suite bathroom is luxuriously endowed with a bath tub and separate shower.
• The second spacious bedroom with en suite bathroom has a double bed. The views from the two windows are to the rear of the villa and also to the south east over the renowned Niccone valley. The en suite bathroom has a large shower.
• The third bedroom with en suite bathroom also has a double bed. The views from the two windows are to the front of the villa and also to the south east over Castello Sorbello and the Niccone valley. The en suite bathroom has a large walk in shower.
Further details outdoors:
• The lovely pool is located a short distance from the villa.
• The terrace at the rear of the villa is accessed by a number of doors that lead out from the villa.
• The vine bedecked terrace that runs along the side of the house has elegant teak furniture that allows guests to linger here over innumerable al fresco meals.
• The views from the garden and the terraces at La Porta ai Cieli which will mesmerise you and constantly remind you that you are staying in a truly amazing setting. As the name ‘The Gate to Heaven’ implies this is a truly special place!
The rental price includes, the consumption of electricity, gas and water (for normal general usage), the use and laundry of bed linen & towels and final cleaning. A complete list of the facilities available will be made available on application and a booking contract with a booking proforma to complete will be sent to finalise any reservation
Detailed booking conditions will be sent when you decide to make a reservation
The Tuscany / Arezzo Province region
The Niccone valley forms the border between Tuscany and Umbria and you are right in the heart of cultural Italy here and are spoilt with choice of places to visit ~ Arezzo, Assisi, Citta di Castello, Cortona, Deruta, Gubbio, Perugia, Pienza, Sansepolcro, Spello, Spoleto, Todi are all within an hours drive and Siena, Florence, Pisa, and Rome are also within easy reach by car or train.
The Cortona / Mercatale di Cortona area
La Porta ai Cieli is located in the Niccone valley which is one of the loveliest and most sought after positions in this part of Italy. The villages of the valley with their shops, piazze and restaurants are all within a short drive of the front door. Lago Trasimeno, which is one of the largest lakes in Italy, is a few miles to the south and there are beaches and islands to explore here as well as sailing and other aquatic delights. Cortona is a short drive away and this ancient hilltop town will mesmerise you with its array of fabulous sights and restaurants
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
Porta ai Cieli is easily accessible from 7 airports. The closest is just a 35 minute drive away. The following list highlights these 7 airports (and their main airlines) in driving time in hours/minutes. These timings which are based on our own local knowledge, provide a more pertinent indicator than merely distances: Perugia (Ryanair) 35• Florence (Meridiana) 1.5 - 2 hours• Ancona, Forli (Ryanair), Bologna (BA), Rimini (EasyJet) 2 - 2.5 hours• Rome Ciampino (Ryanair, EasyJet), Rome Fiumicino (World airlines), Pescara (Ryanair) 2.5 - 3 hours. Pisa (BA, Ryanair, EasyJet, Jet2, Thomson) 3 hours. We can provide more details on request.
Activities near Cortona
Tennis in town
Golf within 30 mins drive
Rural / countryside retreats
|Rental prices originally quoted in: British £||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 8|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|Spring 2013||4 May 13||29 Jun 13||£ 2195||-||-||1 Week|
|Summer 2013||29 Jun 13||31 Aug 13||£ 2595||-||-||1 Week|
|Autumn 2013||31 Aug 13||28 Sep 13||£ 2195||-||-||1 Week|
The property's weekend rates apply to: Saturday and Sunday nights
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
Detailed booking conditions will be sent when a reservation is made
• Breakages are to be reported to the owners, or their representative, before departure
• Rental Restrictions: No Pets
• Included in the Rental Price:
o Local taxes
o Electricity, gas and water (for normal general usage)
o Use and laundry of bed linen & towels
o Final cleaning
• Not Included in the Rental Price(Payment to be made locally):
o Excessive use of utilities
o Central heating
o FirewoodEnquire now
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
Contact the owner
* Required fields
Please check the following errors:
3 years listed
You are contacting
The owner is based in the United Kingdom and has advertised with Holiday Lettings since 2009. This villa has so far received no reviews.
Verified property owner
This owner has been verified by our team
Payment for this home can be made directly to the owner.