Villa | 4 bedrooms | sleeps 8
La Porta ai Cieli is located in a much sought after location in the Niccone valley with hilltop villages and restaurants close by. It is immersed in the beautiful Tuscan countryside, surrounded by olive and cypress trees and also has the delights of Umbria on its doorstep as well. As you drive through the gates and into the garden there is an amazing landscape that greets you with views over an ancient castle to the hills of Tuscany & Umbria. You now know immediately that you have made the best possible decision in making a reservation here!
The Main House sleeps 8 people in 4 double bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms. There is a neighbouring Cottage that provides rental options for a total of 10 people and for 12 people. Details on application
|Size||Sleeps up to 8, 4 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Tuoro sul Trasimeno 16 km|
|Nearest Amenities||8 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Perugia 25 km, Nearest railway: Terontola 21 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Log fire, Internet access, DVD player|
|Pool||Private outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General||Central heating, CD player, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms of which 4 En suites|
|Furniture||Double beds (4), Dining seats for 8, Lounge seats for 8|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Private outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
|Further details indoors||
• The sitting room with sofas, easy chairs, large TV and open fire place is the natural place for guests to gather if they are not outside around the pool or on the external terraces.
• French windows open to both the front and rear terraces. The kitchen is at the heart of the villa. It is extremely well equipped with modern culinary facilities that will allow you to indulge in every possible gastronomic feast.
• There is one bedroom with en suite bathroom on the ground floor. It has a double bed and the en suite bathroom has a simple shower.
• The internal stone staircase leads upstairs to the first floor and the other 3 bedrooms.
The master bedroom with double bed and en suite bathroom has views over the surrounding country side to both the front and rear of the property. The delight of the bedroom is its very own integral covered external terrace. French windows lead out to this entrancing little gem where you can enjoy your first morning cappuccino, your midday riposo, your pre-prandial glass of something, your nightcap, your …. anything you want! The en suite bathroom is luxuriously endowed with a bath tub and separate shower.
• The second spacious bedroom with en suite bathroom has a double bed. The views from the two windows are to the rear of the villa and also to the south east over the renowned Niccone valley. The en suite bathroom has a large shower.
• The third bedroom with en suite bathroom also has a double bed. The views from the two windows are to the front of the villa and also to the south east over Castello Sorbello and the Niccone valley. The en suite bathroom has a large walk in shower.
The neighbouring Cottage has 2 double bedrooms, one with a double bed and the other with a double bed. There is a spacious kitchen/dining/sitting area.
|Further details outdoors||
• The lovely pool is located a short distance from the villa.
• The terrace at the rear of the villa is accessed by a number of doors that lead out from the villa.
• The vine bedecked terrace that runs along the side of the house has elegant teak furniture that allows guests to linger here over innumerable al fresco meals.
• The views from the garden and the terraces at La Porta ai Cieli will mesmerise you and constantly remind you that you are staying in a truly amazing setting. As the name 'The Gate to Heaven' implies this is a truly special place!
Full details about La Porta ai Cieli are available on the Italian Encounters website.
The Tuscany region
The Niccone valley forms the border between Tuscany and Umbria and you are right in the heart of cultural Italy here and are spoilt with choice of places to visit ~ Arezzo, Assisi, Citta di Castello, Cortona, Deruta, Gubbio, Perugia, Pienza, Sansepolcro, Spello, Spoleto, Todi are all within an hours drive and Siena, Florence, Pisa, and Rome are also within easy reach by car or train.
La Porta ai Cieli is located in the Niccone valley which is one of the loveliest and most sought after positions in this part of Italy. The villages of the valley with their shops, piazze and restaurants are all within a short drive of the front door. Lago Trasimeno, which is one of the largest lakes in Italy, is a few miles to the south and there are beaches and islands to explore here as well as sailing and other aquatic delights.
Cortona is a short drive away and this ancient hilltop town will mesmerise you with its array of fabulous sights and restaurants