About the home
Described by guests as "offering a true sense of a place" VILLA LINAKIS with private pool and pool bar is an elegant & stunning country house by the sea...a dream for families and couples alike.
Privacy is assured, being completely un-overlooked by other properties - yet it is located only a short distance (1.7km) from the Blue Flag beach, water sports, shops, tavernas and restaurants of Arillas.
Villa Linakis is exceptionally comfortable and well equipped. It boasts 3 spacious bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, accommodating up to 6 people, plus baby. The 2000sq mt garden and grounds provide a variety of sitting areas where each guest can escape to for quiet moments of peace and tranquility in sun or shade.
***SAVE £357*** - 5 NIGHTS MONDAY 27TH MAY - SATURDAY 1ST JUNE £500
|Size:||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach:||Arillas, 1.7km|
|Will consider:||Corporate lets|
|Family friendly?||Suitable for children of all ages|
Suitable for people with restricted mobility
|Notes:||No pets allowed|
No smoking at this property
|Luxuries:||Log fire, Internet access, DVD player|
|Pool:||Private outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General:||Central heating, Air conditioning, TV, CD player, Safe, Satellite TV, Wi-fi available|
|Standard:||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities:||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms:||3 Bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 family bathroom and 1 en suite|
|Furniture:||Single beds (4), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seating for 6, Lounge seating for 6|
|Other:||Linen and towels provided|
|Outdoors:||Private outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony / Terrace, Private garden, BBQ, Bicycles available|
Further details indoors:
One might think that Villa Linakis was built upside down, as the bedrooms are downstairs whilst the living area is above. In fact, it is a very practical way of doing things. Warm air rises, and mid-summer in Corfu can be very hot. This way around guests can enjoy the cooler rooms when sleeping, and delight in the views from the fabulous raised vantage point of the upper level.
The whole property is finished to a very high standard and enhanced by a mix of contemporary and traditional furnishings. Villa Linakis has been thoughtfully equipped - not only with the basic essentials, but with plenty of useful extras that just might come in handy.
With central heating for the winter months and air-conditioning to cool you on those balmy summer days, Villa Linakis is the perfect holiday retreat at any time of year.
On entering the villa a spacious and airy hall awaits you.
The well furnished hall contains a tall bookcase holding a large collection of books (for adults & children), guide books and maps chosen with care for our guests to enjoy. A lounging area with sofa, reading lamp, side table with hi-fi.
Under the staircase there is a small chill out area with tv/dvd player and XBox.
Leading off the hall is a master bedroom ensuite, 2 twin bedrooms and a large family bathroom.
The bedrooms were designed to give maximum space, unusual in holiday properties! The beds are all fully restored antique with comfortable bespoke mattresses.
The master-bedroom has a large four door wardrobe offering ample storage space. The ensuite has a toilet, sink and shower. Double doors lead out from the bedroom to the front garden.
The twin bedrooms both have walk in wardrobes which leaves good floor space within the bedroom. Double doors lead out onto balcony.
All bedrooms have air conditioning/minisafe/hairdryer and hi-fi with docking station.
Upstairs is a contemporary yet comfortable open plan kitchen/dining and lounge area with triple aspect windows and a cathedral style ceiling. The kitchen is fitted with hand built units housing integrated fridge/freezer/dishwasher and a full size free standing cooker. (washing m/c is housed in cupboard downstairs). The kitchen includes a good selection of pots and pans, sharp knives, dishes, glasses. Also a cafetiere, coffee grinder, micro wave, hand blender and not forgetting that all important Greek cookery book!
The dining table comfortably seats 6...candelabras provided!
For your relaxation the lounge area has two large squidgy sofas an easy chair, a handsome solid fuel fireplace, a flat screen tv with DVD player and large selection of DVD's.
At the far end of the lounge French windows lead out onto a large, shaded veranda enjoying spectacular views out over the countryside and down into the village of Arillas. This area was designed specifically so that guests could truly make the most of the amazing sunsets that are often described as some of the most beautiful in the world.
In the evening, flickering candles and chilled drinks help to generate an intimate ambiance where you can enjoy the glorious spectacle of the sun dipping beneath the horizon, radiating its evening glow over Arillas. Once darkness has fallen the clear and unpolluted air makes the moon and stars stand out like jewels against the dark blue velvet sky.
Furnished with ample solid wood seating and occasional tables this area is also ideal for al fresco meals or simply enjoying a glass of chilled wine and the company of friends.
Further details outdoors:
Access to the pool area is via a gate from the courtyard or directly from the hall.
The area is walled, completely private and catches the sun all day.
The gorgeous pool is overlooked by olive groves providing privacy and unique surroundings. The spacious poolside lounging area is furnished with sunbeds, covered dining area and other informal seating areas.
An absolute paradise for sun worshippers, and beneath the shade of the overhanging olive trees is hammock - yet another great place to chill out with a good book.
Imagine yourself relaxing on the gently swinging hammock whilst being serenaded by the birdsong, chirruping Cicadas and the occasional goat bells!
The new feature for 2012 is a pool bar which is fitted with cupboards, worktops, sink, fridge, kettle, unbreakable dishes/glasses and music center. Lunch or dinner can be rustled up on the flatbed gas barbecue.
Steps at the rear of the pool area lead up to the olive grove where an informal seating is provided under the shelter of the olive trees.
• Covered dining area
• Pool bar
• Large flatbed gas barbecue.
• 2 sets of outdoor dining furniture.
• Sun loungers.
• Sun umbrellas.
• Large hammock
• Hammock chair
• 3 x weekly pool cleaning.
To the front of the house is a large graveled courtyard and driveway with plenty of space to park at least 4 cars. The grounds around the rest of the house are set out as pretty floral gardens, rich with colour. At most times of the year you will be able to pick your own lemons - a real taste of the Mediterranean, whether tea or G&T is more your tipple!
• Large library of DVDs and books.
• 3 adults mountain bikes + 1 child mountain bike.
• Pamper yourself with a Swedish Massage and/or manicure in the comfort of your own villa.
• For the ultimate convenience our chef can provide delicious Corfiot meals, packaged and ready to reheat and eat!
• Cookery demonstration: Our chef will demonstrate how to prepare and cook traditional Corfiot dishes. 50 € per person* includes demonstration, meal and wine. Meals and wine for additional guests not participating in class 20 euro per person.
• Looking for a holiday which offers mountain biking, sunshine, relaxation, beautiful surroundings & typical Greek hospitality? Mountain biking on Corfu, especially the Northern Coast, is an experience not to be missed. With a wide range of geographic terrain - from low lying valleys to Corfu's largest mountain peak (1,000m+) taking a trek across such beautiful country is the perfect holiday activity.
Choose from a wide range of tours, which vary from easy to adventurous, mountain biking to relaxed trekking, nature experiences to hard core down hill!
• Join open daily tours, with mountain bikers.
• Private tours with awesome guides.
• Tours tailor made to guests ability.
Please use the contact form for further details and prices.
• Climate Control Air conditioning included in price.
• Free welcome pack provided. Our guests can also request (at extra cost) a larger welcome pack to include personal favourites.
• Personal shopping service available. Please enquire for details.
• Meals prepared by chef can be delivered to villa. Please request menus.
• Soap powder/fabric softener & dishwasher tablets provided.
• Private taxi/minibus transfers available. Car rental advice/arranging provided.
~Locally based property manager available 7 days per week.
~Free welcome pack.
~Car hire/taxi & minibus hire can be arranged.
~Cleaning twice per week.
~All linen and beach/pool towels provided.
~Personal toweling covers for sun bed mattresses
As previously mentioned, we have have tried to think of everything possible to help make your holiday a success. Also available at the villa are:
Baby equipment - at no extra cost. Please request these items at time of booking:
• Cot (linen supplied).
• Bouncy cradle chair
• Buggy with sun shade.
• Baby listening monitor
• Safety gate
• Microwave Steam Steriliser
• Bed guard
The Ionian Islands region
Corfu 'The Gem of the Ionian'...Corfu is the northernmost and second largest of the Ionian Islands, considered by many to be the True Gem of the Ionian. Corfu's Mediterranean summers and mild winters with relative rainfall ensure a lush fertile landscape predominated with olive trees and luxuriant flora. Cypress trees, groves of oranges, lemons, fig trees and grapes also grow in abundance in this westernmost part of Greece. Catering for all tastes Corfu is fringed by sandy beaches and shingle coves yet visitors are never far from traditional inland villages untouched by tourism.
The Corfu / Arillas area
Arillas in north west Corfu is renowned for its beauty, friendliness and honesty of its villagers.
Facing the Ionian Sea, Arillas sits at the bottom of a valley with a backdrop of hills; snuggly nestled in between the headlands of Agios Stephanos to the north and Agios Georgios to the south. Arillas beach for the past 10 years has been awarded the coveted 'Blue Flag' by the European Community for its cleanness and for water quality.
Gently shelving it is ideal for children. Lazy days can be spent on the soft sand beach where sun beds/parasols are available for hire, whilst water sports are available for the more energetic
Lining the beach you will find a variety of locally owned tavernas providing refreshments and delicious homemade Corfiot food, an ideal location for people watching and cooling of after a long morning on the beach!
Evenings are centred on the many tavernas and restaurants, a surprising number for a resort of this size! The north west of Corfu is renowned for its sunsets. Take a table in a seafront restaurant, watch the sun going down over the sea behind the Diapontia islands of Erikousa, Mathraki and Othoni.
A FEW THINGS TO DO…
AT VILLA LINAKIS:
• Unwind in peace and tranquillity in your own small piece of heaven.
• Relax on a sunlounger by the pool, doze in the hammock, read a book whilst gently swinging in hammock chair in porch or olive grove.
• Enjoy the scents and colours of our plants, shrubs and fruit trees.
• Watch the antics of the birds and in May/early June the enchanting show of the fireflies, the fluttering of the butterflies and look out for our shy families of Geckos and Lizards.
• Listen to the birds, bees, crickets, cicadas and the strange night time calls of the Scops Owl.
• Enjoy the night sky in it’s full glory – no light pollution here!
• Wonderful walks from the villa or simply stroll the circular walk around Arillas.
• Eating and drinking in the large variety of local restaurants and tavernas.
• Stunning seaside villages and historic inland villages in this most beautiful of islands.
• Land of three million olive trees.
• The regions rustic home made wines to be sampled at most restaurants.
• Energetic pursuits: swimming, cycling, walking, diving, water sports, golf, horse riding, water parks.
• Boat trips to the Diapontian Islands, or hire a motor boat and sail down coast to Paleocastritsa.
…BUT NOT FORGETTING….
• Afionas 2km: To the South it provides a fantastic view of the bay of Agios Georgios, or to the North magnificent views of the Diapontian Islands and Gravia "ship island".
• Agios Georgios 3km: With its wide sweeping sandy beach and horse-shoe shaped bay protected by high cliffs, this quiet resort in beautiful countryside is one of the gems of the north west coast.
• San Stephanos 3km: On a particularly energetic day a walk over to San Stephanos is worthwhile for a change of scenery or a lazy day on its large sandy beach.
• Peroulades 13km: The village is unspoiled with a maze of alleyways, mansions and tiny old cottages dating back hundreds of years
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
DIRECT CHARTER FLIGHTS:
Budget flights to Venice/Ancona/Brindisi/Bari also available. Schedules for ferry connections from these locations can be found here... http://www.paleologos.gr
Please feel free to ask for details or advice on driving to Corfu.
Activities near Corfu
Golf within 30 mins drive
Rural / countryside retreats
Beach or lakeside relaxation
A winter sun break
29 Jun 2012
This was our second visit to Villa Linakis. Eileen has added some wonderful new features to her already beautiful villa. We are thrilled with the new pool bar. We used it every morning for... more
Thank you for your lovely review, we are so glad you enjoyed the new pool bar!
We take it as a huge compliment that you have stayed at Villa Linakis for the past two years and returning again... more
|Rental prices originally quoted in: British £||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 6|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|1 Sep 12||30 Sep 12||£ 1200||-||-||1 Week|
|1 Apr 13||1 May 13||£ 695||-||-||1 Week|
|1 May 13||1 Jun 13||£ 1200||-||-||1 Week|
|1 Jun 13||1 Jul 13||£ 1400||-||-||1 Week|
|1 Jul 13||1 Sep 13||£ 1745||-||-||1 Week|
|1 Sep 13||1 Oct 13||£ 1400||-||-||1 Week|
|1 Oct 13||1 Nov 13||£ 900||-||-||1 Week|
The property's weekend rates apply to: Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
LATE MAY DEAL: ***SAVE £257*** - 5 NIGHTS MONDAY 27TH MAY - SATURDAY 1ST JUNE £600
***July & August weeks are very popular therefore fill up quickly...book ahead* for 2014 to reserve your dates at 2013 prices.***
*Offer ends 31st August 2013
Villa Linakis has full central heating and a log burning fire making it most suitable for cosy winter lets. Please ask for details.
All baby equipment, air conditioning, welcome pack and mountain bikes are provided free of charge.
Payment by cheque or bank transfer in GBP.Enquire now
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
Contact the owner
* Required fields
Please check the following errors:
1 year listed
You are contacting
The owner is based in the United Kingdom and has advertised with Holiday Lettings since 2012. This villa has received 1 review from previous guests.
Verified property owner
This owner has been verified by our team
Payment for this home can be made directly to the owner.
Holiday accommodation in Greece (2,832)