Apartment La Dorada
About the home
La Dorada is located in a two-story residence in a quiet neighbourhood of the old town less than 5 minutes walk from pristine beaches and yet only few steps away from numerous tapas bars, restaurants, boutiques and other amenities.
The apartment features large private terrace offering splendid views, one double and one twin bedroom with enough closet space to fit all of your holiday gear. The spacious living room with a LED TV, two comfy sofas (providing room for 2 extra guests), seating at the bar or dining table, kitchen fully equipped with everything from a corkscrew to a microwave and recently renovated bathroom will ensure you have a great time. Visit our website for more information about the apartment.
|Size:||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach:||Los Bateles beach/Castilnovo beach, 400m|
|Family friendly?||Suitable for children of all ages|
Unsuitable for people with restricted mobility
|Notes:||No pets allowed|
No smoking at this property
|Luxuries:||Internet access, Sea view|
|General:||Air conditioning, TV, CD player|
|Standard:||Kettle, Toaster, Hair dryer|
|Utilities:||Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms:||2 Bedrooms, 1 family bathroom, Solarium / Roof terrace|
|Furniture:||Sofabeds (2), Single beds (2), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seating for 4, Lounge seating for 4|
|Other:||Linen and towels provided|
|Outdoors:||Balcony / Terrace|
Further details indoors:
While there is no central heating, to keep you warm on cooler nights during the winter time, we have equipped the apartment with two portable heaters that will do the job.
La Dorada provides its guests with mobile internet (with USB modem) free of charge upon request. The daily usage is limited to 100 MB, which is enough for you to check the mail, to see what's happening in town and to share your impressions from Conil hols with friends on a social network.
Rough Guide to Andalucia is available in the apartment for your convenience.
We have also compiled simple operating instructions for some of the more sophisticated appliances;)
For your safety, the apartment is also equipped with a fire blanket and fire extinguisher.
Further details outdoors:
Parking on the street (watch out not to obstruct entry to any of the houses) is perfectly OK, but available on the first-come-first-serve basis due to a limited number of parking spots in the old town. In case you have difficulties finding a parking place by the apartment, we advise you to park elsewhere in the neighbourhood or along the nearby beach promenade.
Fab tapas bars/restaurants and shops are in close vicinity.
• 20% booking fee (non-refundable) will be charged to secure the apartment
• The remaining balance is due at least 5 weeks before the arrival date
• For cancellations made more than 3 weeks prior to your planned arrival date, 100% of the total balance paid will be refunded to your account. For cancellations made less than 3 weeks, but more than 1 week before the planned arrival 50% of the total balance paid will be refunded. For cancellations made less than 1 week before the arrival, the cancellation fee amounts to 100% of the rental price.
• We do not charge any breakage/security deposit as we believe in our guests’ honesty and their respect for property they are using. We trust that any property damage will be reported to us without delay and reasonable compensation will be paid out.
• Check-in time generally 4pm, check-out 11am (this is negotiable, depending on circumstances).
• Pets are unfortunately not allowed.
• All the rooms in the apartment are non-smoking.
The Costa de la Luz region
The below is just a selection of places definitely worthwhile visiting:
• Cape Trafalgar - dominated by its large lighthouse is the scene of one of the most famous naval battles, in which British Royal Navy defeated Napoleon’s Spanish and French fleet
• Tarifa – wind capital of Europe from which you can set out on a whale watching tour or a day trip to Morocco (high-speed ferry will take you to Tangiers from Tarifa in 35 minutes)
• Jerez – capital of sherry, horsemanship and flamenco shows also famous for its motorcycle Grand Prix (Our tip: visit one of the spectacular shows organised by renowned Royal Andalucian School of Equestrian Art, go to one of the sherry bodegas (from mighty Gonzales Byass to Harveys producing its sweet Bristol Cream))
• Cadiz – take a stroll through the oldest inhabited city in Europe and capital of the province
• Sanlucar de Barrameda – one of the sherry triangle cities and a gateway to the impressive Coto de Donana national park, famous for its long equestrian tradition (Our tip: Don’t miss out on the spectacular horse races on the beach which traditionally take place on the 2nd and 4th weekend of August.)
• El Puerto de Santa Maria – home to the third largest bullring in Spain and a huge Aquapark (open between June and September)
• Vejer de la Frontera – white hilltop village with Moorish look offering breathtaking views, which is certainly worth a visit.
• Bolonia – this magnificent beach offering clear views to Moroccan coast as well as the Roman ruins Baelo Claudia are regarded as one of the best kept secrets of the region
The Conil de la Frontera area
Conil is a picturesque white-washed town priding itself on a unique coastal location providing easy access to endless and unspoiled sandy beaches of the Costa de la Luz. The town with its vibrant atmosphere in summer and laid-back mood during the winter season makes a great year-round holiday destination attractive for all tastes and ages.
Over 300 days of sunshine per year make Conil one of the sunniest areas in Europe, so don’t forget to bring along your sunglasses and sunscreen even outside the summer season. Overall, the Conil area enjoys pleasant all-year-round climate with day-time temperatures in summer almost never rising above 30 °C and during the winter time only rarely dropping below 15°C.
Conil and its surroundings offer countless possibilities for outdoor activities essentially all-year-round. To name but a few examples, windsurfing, kite-surfing, surfing, horseback riding, golf, tennis,mountain-biking, hiking, beach running, diving and fishing are on the menu for active holiday makers.
If you want to be up to speed with the latest happenings in town, just pay a visit to the tourist office located at Calle Carretera in Conil. On top of that, there is also an info point open at the Torre Guzman from mid-June to mid-September.
For more information about activities, local events, beaches and for recommendations on tapas bars / restaurants visit our website (see the link in contact details).
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
The best and most straightforward way of reaching Conil is by boarding a plane heading to one of the international airports serving the region and renting a car upon arrival, especially if you intend to explore the area around the town.
• By plane to Andalucia
There are four international airports within reach from Conil:
Jerez (XRY) is 70 km from the destination and less than 1 hour drive
Gibraltar (GIB) is 100 km from the destination and about 1.5 hrs drive
Seville (SVQ) is 155 km from the destination and about 1.5-2hrs drive (partial toll road)
Malaga (AGP) is 205 km from the destination and about 2.5-3hrs drive (partial toll road)
Numerous low cost carriers, such as Ryanair, Easyjet, Air Berlin, Vueling and Monarch operate on these routes and the fares tend to be very attractive especially outside the peak summer season. Flight comparison websites such as skyscanner or swoodoo can come quite handy when choosing the dates for your trip to Conil...
• Car rental
After touching down in Andalucia pick your rental car up straight from the airport from one of the omnipresent car hire companies. Personally, we always look out for some car rental deals (rates can be as low as €5/day off-season) at either carrentals.co.uk or comparecarhire.co.uk before travelling to Conil. These search engines compare car rental offers of dozens of agents and hence save your time and money.
• Airport transfer
In case you don't feel like driving, you can also consider the airport transfer serviced by a third party provider. Check out our website for more info (see the link in contact details).
Alternatively, you can get to Conil by bus (there is no train station in or around the town), but this option is not as straightforward and fast as a car rental, as there are no direct connections between any of the nearby airports and Conil.
The bus operator which serves Conil from Jerez city, Seville city and La Linea de la Concepcion (10 minutes walk from the Gibraltar airport) is COMES. The company runs daily services to Conil. Our website provides more extensive info on bus routes and timetables.
Activities near Conil de la Frontera
Golf within 30 mins drive
Beach or lakeside relaxation
A winter sun break
25 Dec 2012
I spent only five days in Conil during october 2012 and it was just great. Maybe cos it was the time when I needed kind of calm but interesting, absolutely not dead place for my trip. Colin was not... more
06 Oct 2012
It has been our first visit to Andalusia. We stayed at la Dorada with our kids (8,12) and we enjoyed it very much. It is located very conveniently just 5 minutes to a nice beach and a just 5 minutes... more
02 Oct 2012
The appartment is located near the town center, yet it's only about a 5-minute stroll to the main beach. There are a lot of cosy restaurants and small local shops ("verduleria",... more
|Rental prices originally quoted in: Euros €||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 4|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|1 Nov 12||22 Mar 13||€ 265||€ 38||€ 38||3 Nights|
|22 Mar 13||1 Apr 13||€ 441||€ 63||€ 63||5 Nights|
|1 Apr 13||1 May 13||€ 309||€ 45||€ 45||3 Nights|
|1 May 13||1 Jun 13||€ 368||€ 53||€ 53||4 Nights|
|1 Jun 13||1 Jul 13||€ 405||€ 58||€ 58||4 Nights|
|1 Jul 13||1 Sep 13||€ 651||-||-||1 Week|
|1 Sep 13||1 Oct 13||€ 449||€ 65||€ 65||4 Nights|
The property does not have weekend tariffs.
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
• Discount of 10% will be provided to loyal customers, to up to two guests booking off-season and for bookings longer than 10 days outside the high season (1 July – 31 August and Semana Santa).
• Price supplement for occupancy higher than 4 guests is 5 €/person/night.
• Rental price for bookings of five nights or more is inclusive of final cleaning, utilities, supply of bed linen and towels. In case of bookings for less than 5 nights, cleaning supplement of EUR 30 will be required.
• We accept payments by credit/debit card, Paypal or by bank transfer.Book
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
Holiday homes in Spain (15,584)