Apartment | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 4
La Dorada is located in a two-story residence in a quiet neighbourhood of the old town less than 5 minutes walk from pristine beaches and yet only few steps away from numerous tapas bars, restaurants, boutiques and other amenities.
The apartment features large private terrace offering splendid views, one double and one twin bedroom with new memory foam bed mattresses and with enough closet space to fit all of your holiday gear. The spacious living room with a LED TV, two comfy sofas (providing room for 2 extra guests), seating at the bar or dining table, kitchen fully equipped with everything from a corkscrew to a microwave and recently renovated bathroom will ensure you have a great time. Visit our website for more information about the apartment.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Los Bateles beach/Castilnovo beach 400 m|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, Sea view|
|General||Air conditioning, TV, CD player|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms, Solarium or roof terrace|
|Furniture||2 Sofa beds, Single beds (2), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seats for 4, Lounge seats for 4|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace|
|Further details indoors||
While there is no central heating, to keep you warm on cooler nights during the winter time, we have equipped the apartment with two portable heaters that will do the job.
La Dorada provides its guests with mobile internet (with USB modem) free of charge upon request. The daily usage is limited to 100 MB, which is enough for you to check the mail, to see what's happening in town and to share your impressions from Conil hols with friends on a social network.
Rough Guide to Andalucia is available in the apartment for your convenience.
We have also compiled simple operating instructions for some of the more sophisticated appliances;)
For your safety, the apartment is also equipped with a fire blanket and fire extinguisher.
|Further details outdoors||
Parking on the street (watch out not to obstruct entry to any of the houses) is perfectly OK, but available on the first-come-first-serve basis due to a limited number of parking spots in the old town. In case you have difficulties finding a parking place by the apartment, we advise you to park elsewhere in the neighbourhood or along the nearby beach promenade.
Fab tapas bars/restaurants and shops are in close vicinity.
The Costa de la Luz region
The below is just a selection of places definitely worthwhile visiting:
• Cape Trafalgar - dominated by its large lighthouse is the scene of one of the most famous naval battles, in which British Royal Navy defeated Napoleon’s Spanish and French fleet
• Tarifa – wind capital of Europe from which you can set out on a whale watching tour or a day trip to Morocco (high-speed ferry will take you to Tangiers from Tarifa in 35 minutes)
• Jerez – capital of sherry, horsemanship and flamenco shows also famous for its motorcycle Grand Prix (Our tip: visit one of the spectacular shows organised by renowned Royal Andalucian School of Equestrian Art, go to one of the sherry bodegas (from mighty Gonzales Byass to Harveys producing its sweet Bristol Cream))
• Cadiz – take a stroll through the oldest inhabited city in Europe and capital of the province
• Sanlucar de Barrameda – one of the sherry triangle cities and a gateway to the impressive Coto de Donana national park, famous for its long equestrian tradition (Our tip: Don’t miss out on the spectacular horse races on the beach which traditionally take place on the 2nd and 4th weekend of August.)
• El Puerto de Santa Maria – home to the third largest bullring in Spain and a huge Aquapark (open between June and September)
• Vejer de la Frontera – white hilltop village with Moorish look offering breathtaking views, which is certainly worth a visit.
• Bolonia – this magnificent beach offering clear views to Moroccan coast as well as the Roman ruins Baelo Claudia are regarded as one of the best kept secrets of the region
Conil de la Frontera
Conil is a picturesque white-washed town priding itself on a unique coastal location providing easy access to endless and unspoiled sandy beaches of the Costa de la Luz. The town with its vibrant atmosphere in summer and laid-back mood during the winter season makes a great year-round holiday destination attractive for all tastes and ages.
Over 300 days of sunshine per year make Conil one of the sunniest areas in Europe, so don’t forget to bring along your sunglasses and sunscreen even outside the summer season. Overall, the Conil area enjoys pleasant all-year-round climate with day-time temperatures in summer almost never rising above 30 °C and during the winter time only rarely dropping below 15°C.
Conil and its surroundings offer countless possibilities for outdoor activities essentially all-year-round. To name but a few examples, windsurfing, kite-surfing, surfing, horseback riding, golf, tennis,mountain-biking, hiking, beach running, diving and fishing are on the menu for active holiday makers.
If you want to be up to speed with the latest happenings in town, just pay a visit to the tourist office located at Calle Carretera in Conil. On top of that, there is also an info point open at the Torre Guzman from mid-June to mid-September.
For more information about activities, local events, beaches and for recommendations on tapas bars / restaurants visit our website (see the link in contact details).