Clementine Cottage: beach 20secs
from £60 /night help Price for guests, Nights
from £60 /night help Price for guests, Nights
Estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay. Excludes fees (if applicable). Enter your dates to see the total cost.
Cottage / 3 bedrooms / sleeps 5
Availability Your dates are available
Cottage / 3 bedrooms / sleeps 5
1. Clementine Cottage (an ancient fisherman's house): exceptionally renovated with character, elegance, modern style and comfort.
2. In one of Collioure's ancient pedestrian lanes that runs from the Faubourg beach and waterfront.
3. QUIET and secluded YET only 20 seconds from waterfront and beach.
4. Fabulous layout: Ideal for two couples or a family group - bedrooms and bathrooms on top and bottom floors, leaving the middle floor for communal dining and socialising.
5. Professionally redesigned with key restorations done by local Catalan craftsmen.
6. Modern bathrooms with large walk-in showers. One is an ensuite bathroom.
7. Sleeps up to 5 persons: 3 bedrooms.
8. Bed combination can be: 1 double bed and 3 single beds ..OR.. 2 double beds and 1 single bed.
9. Facilities inc: Free WiFi access, TV, DVD-CD player, games, extensive book, CD and DVD libraries, microwave-oven, fridge, washing machine, kettles, coffee machine, iron, hairdryer, cooling fans, beach gear - umbrella, chairs, masks, snorkels, boards and toys. Bed and bathroom linen included in rental.
10. Outside bench-for-two to sit and enjoy a wine or read a book.
11. Full of original art works and sculpture, plus antique french metal bed heads and large cupboard doors mounted on a wall - illustrating the village's rich history.
12. Train station is an easy 8-10 minute walk.
13. Not suitable for children
|Size||Sleeps up to 5, 3 bedrooms|
|Check in time:||16:00|
|Check out time:||10:00|
|Nearest beach||Faubourg Beach, Collioure 100 m|
|Will consider||House swap, Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest Amenities||100 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Perpignan 20 km, Nearest railway: Collioure Gare 400 m|
|Family friendly||Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player|
|General||TV, Video player, CD player, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 En suites|
|Furniture||Double beds (2), Single beds (1), Dining seats for 5, Lounge seats for 5|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace|
|Further details indoors|
Delightfully renovated fisherman's cottage-house built around 1680. Completely gutted and renovated with modern interior except maintaining the superb original stone walls, beams and facade. A great 'maison de pecheur' inside and out!
|Further details outdoors|
Located in a quiet lane off a stone-flagged pedestrian-only street in the peaceful but historic quarter of the village providing visitors with direct access to the waterfront, shops and sights in less than a minute.
Rent from Saturday to Saturday - BUT we may vary this outside peak season so do please contact us
Not suitable for children
The Languedoc-Roussillon region
1. The region with the greatest number of sunny days in France (310-320 per year).
Safe beaches, rocky coves, mountain and hill walks, historic villages, expansive vineyards.
2. Both French and Catalan cuisine and culture.
3. Great range of local wines, with hundreds of vineyards and caves to visit. Rivesaltes, Roussillon, Banyuls sweet wines and Collioure AOC vins de table.
4. Modern art museums, guided tours and sites in Collioure, Elne, Ceret and Perpignan.
5. The local capital Perpignan hosts many Catalan and other festivals and events.
6. Historic sites abound from the stone age, through Roman and medieval periods to 17th century and WWII. Highlights include the medieval city of Carcassonne and the Cathar region.
7. Spain a half hour away, with day trips to Barcelona, Girona and Dali's home at Cadaques by the sea and museum at Figueres.
8. Wide range of local walks - coastline, ridge walking and Pyrenees (GR10/Haute Route Pyrénées) – guided and own.
9. Clear water and marine reserves for diving and snorkeling. Local dive facilities, classes and tours. Sailing (charter, hire or day trips); sea and beach fishing.
10. Routine boat transport every day between Argeles sur Mer, Collioure, Port Vendres.
* a spectacular, unspoilt fishing village dating back to the middle ages.
* 50+ cafes, restaurants and wine cellars spilling out onto narrow laneways, cobbled streets and along the waterfront promenande.
* four swimming beaches which are all close to our holiday rental cottage.
* the birthplace of Fauvism in 1905. Derain, Matisse, Dufy and Picasso all lived in various Collioure village houses.
* where Patrick O'Brian, reclusive author, lived for more than 50 years and where he wrote his most popular novels, including 'Master and Commander'.
* where the Pyrenees meet the Mediterranean and the sun shines 320 days of the year - the jewel of Languedoc Roussillon.
* a heady mix of French and Catalan, just 20 minutes from the Spanish border.
* the Catalan influence is everywhere - in the food, language, sardane dances and local bullfights.
* traditional French food and festivals are an integral part of village life for Collioure's 2800 inhabitants.
* explore the Fauvism or Rennie Mackintosh Art Trails, either self-guided or on a tour, while in Collioure.
From our Fishermans Cottage-House ... IN LESS THAN 1 MINUTE:
Walk ..to the beach.
Swim ..the warm Mediterranean waters.
Snorkel ..to discover spectacular marine life.
Browse .. at the twice-weekly farmer's market.
Dine ..at a beachside cafe or restaurant.
Visit ..the anchovy houses with their famous produce.
Follow ..the Fauvism art trail throughout the village.
Explore ..the wine caves,cellars and interpretation centre.
Relax ..on the waterfront promenade.
Begin..a sketch or painting by the sea.
Stroll..through cobbled streets full of cafes, galleries, wines caves & shops.
From our Cottage-House ... IN LESS THAN 5 MINUTES:
Explore ..the restored working windmill behind Collioure.
Wander ..through local vineyards.
Sample ..the renowned Collioure reds, rosés & whites or the Banyuls sweet-styled wines from local cellars.
Visit ..the medieval castle on the promenade.
Enjoy ..a coastal walk to other villages.
Browse ..the year-round fish and food markets.
Experience ..the rich interior of Notre Dame des Anges, the world's only church built below sea level.
Climb ..the hills and capture the spectacular beauty of this 1000-year old fishing village.
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
6 Feb 2015
"Lovely light, comfy,clean cottage"
this is our second time here.We came for the new year and the fireworks on the beach,which were fabulous ,as was the cottage.Nice and clean and comfortable.it has everything you need.We would recommend it for two couples or a couple with children.Will definately try to come back.
7 Jan 2015
"Heerlijk huisje in prachtig Zuid Frans Plaatsje."
Prettig huisje in Collioure, vlakbij het strand en het centrum van het dorp. Het huisje is van alle gemakken voorzien.… More
2 Jan 2015
"Beautiful cottage with excellent location"
Clementine Cottage is really comfortable for two couples or a family. It is very well equipped and beautifully renovated. The location is excellent- just a short stroll down to the beach or to the sig… More
1 Jan 2015
"Cosy, cute and convenient"
Loved my stay in this delightful cottage in Collioure. Was totally impressed with the facilities. Very private as lower ground floor had one en suite bedroom, the living quarters, with excellent kitch… More
1 Jan 2015
"Super cottage in friendly characterful village."
We had a great time - the cottage is perfect - thoughtfully and beautifully arranged. The whole experience was relaxing and fun - highly recommended!… More
16 Sep 2014
"Our home in Collioure - it lacks nothing!"
Four of us enjoyed an exhausting but wonderful week in Collioure with Clementine cottage our base. Perfectly located, super comfortable and wonderfully well equipped - just like home away from home.
16 Sep 2014
"perfect spot - close to beach, culture, heritage and wonderful comfortable unit"
Clementine Cottage is located in an area full of character very close to shops, the beach, the 1 euro bus stop, the walks to the Windmill and the Fort and their environs and the train station.
Our group had a wonderful stay in Clementine Cottage - we were able to cook easily at home with all the cooking and cleaning facilities available. We had quiet days lounging around the cottage and busy days at the various beaches, swimming and snorkelling, the markets, art galleries, wineries, shops, and walking in the hinterland discovering the various forts and castles along the extent of this fascinating part of the coast of the Mediterranean.
I would highly recommend the cottage.
13 Sep 2014
"Character house in convenient location for beach, shops, restaurants and hill walking - perfect!"
We have stayed in this house now on three occasions which is a recommendation in itself.
The town of Collioure has a good buzz to it and plenty of options for relaxing, eating (range of prices), walking in the vineyards, taking boat trips, hiring bikes etc as well as sunbathing and swimming, making it a good location for people of all ages.
This house is in a quiet corner of the town, two minutes from one of the beaches, grocer, bars, chemist etc, and in any case everything in Collioure is within walking distance. It has been furnished to make clever use of all the space and with an eye for interior design. It has a great deal of character and the owners provide information which gives an insight into its history for those who are interested. We have found it has everything necessary to our stay.
This year it was just the two of us but previously we brought two teenagers, both over six foot tall, without feeling cramped. The house has always been immaculately clean on arrival and we have never had any issues to raise. The owners quick to respond to booking queries, easy and professional to deal with.
We very much hope to stay here again and have no qualms at all in recommending it.
25 Aug 2014
"Beautiful comfortable cottage in divine location!"
The two weeks we spent in Collioure were the highlight of our European vacation. The cottage was clean, comfortable and only a two minute walk to the waterfront. It was beautifully decorated and had everything we could need to make our stay fulfilling and enjoyable. The village is absolutely gorgeous and everyone we met was friendly and helpful. Our son loved having his own comfortable room and bathroom - it was great having the living area on the middle floor with bedrooms/bathrooms above and below it for quiet and privacy. Local restaurants were all very good, beaches nice but crowded (peak season) and there were plenty of things to do. We particularly enjoyed playing tennis at the local tennis club almost every day! Would recommend to our friends and family, and we certainly hope to go again in the next year or two. Thank you Peter and Lynn!
8 Aug 2014
"Fabulous holiday cottage in Collioure"
This charming, small house is ideally located just a hundred metres from the beautiful waterfront in Collioure. The house is very well designed in a simple and tasteful décor with comfortable beds and living area. We were there during the quiet, early spring months and it was warm and private. The lighting inside is good and the facilities are excellent with private bathrooms (showers and toilet for each bedroom) and the kitchen is very well appointed and we loved being able to buy and cook with fresh produce from the fantastic twice-weekly market in Collioure. There is also is a lovely family living space that is warm and comfortable. We absolutely loved our stay here and for us it was a home away from home.
You're booking with
100% Response rate
Calendar last updated:20 May 2015