Cute Cottage 20sec to beach
Cottage | 3 bedrooms | sleeps 5
1. Fishermans Cottage-House: exceptionally renovated with character, elegance, modern style and comfort.
2. In one Collioure's ancient pedestrian lanes that runs from the Faubourg beach and waterfront.
3. QUIET and secluded YET only 20 seconds from waterfront and beach.
4. Fabulous layout: Ideal for two couples or family group - bedrooms and bathrooms on top and bottom floors, leaving the middle floor for communal dining and socialising.
5. Professionally redesigned with key restorations done by local Catalan craftsmen.
6. Modern bathrooms with large walk-in showers. One is an ensuite bathroom.
7. Sleeps Up to 5 persons: 3 bedrooms.
8. Bed combination can be: 1 double bed and 3 single beds ..OR.. 2 double beds and 1 single bed.
9. Facilities inc: Free WiFi access, TV, DVD-CD player, games, extensive book, CD and DVD libraries, microwave-oven, fridge, washing machine, kettles, coffee machine, iron, hairdryer, cooling fans, beach gear - umbrella, chairs, masks, snorkels, boards and toys. Bed and bathroom linen included in rental.
10. Outside bench-for-two to sit and enjoy a wine or read a book.
11. Full of original art works and sculpture, plus old Collioure antique metal bed heads and large cupboard doors mounted on a wall and illustrating the villages rich history.
12. Train station is an easy 8-10 minute walk.
|Size||Sleeps up to 5, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Faubourg Beach, Collioure 100 m|
|Will consider||House swap, Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest Amenities||100 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Perpignan 20 km, Nearest railway: Collioure Gare 400 m|
|Family friendly||Suitable for children over 5, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player|
|General||TV, Video player, CD player, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 En suites|
|Furniture||Single beds (1), Double beds (2), Dining seats for 5, Lounge seats for 5|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Further details indoors|
Delightfully renovated fisherman's cottage-house built around 1680. Completely gutted and renovated with modern interior except maintaining the superb original stone walls, beams and facade. A great 'maison de pecheur' inside and out!
|Further details outdoors|
Located in a quiet lane off a stone-flagged pedestrian-only street in the peaceful but historic quarter of the village providing visitors with direct access to the waterfront, shops and sights in less than a minute.
Rent from Saturday to Saturday - BUT we may vary this outside peak season so do please contact us
The Languedoc-Roussillon region
1. The region with the greatest number of sunny days in France (310-320 per year).
Safe beaches, rocky coves, mountain and hill walks, historic villages, expansive vineyards.
2. Both French and Catalan cuisine and culture.
3. Great range of local wines, with hundreds of vineyards and caves to visit. Rivesaltes, Roussillon, Banyuls sweet wines and Collioure AOC vins de table.
4. Modern art museums, guided tours and sites in Collioure, Elne, Ceret and Perpignan.
5. The local capital Perpignan hosts many Catalan and other festivals and events.
6. Historic sites abound from the stone age, through Roman and medieval periods to 17th century and WWII. Highlights include the medieval city of Carcassonne and the Cathar region.
7. Spain a half hour away, with day trips to Barcelona, Girona and Dali's home at Cadaques by the sea and museum at Figueres.
8. Wide range of local walks - coastline, ridge walking and Pyrenees (GR10/Haute Route Pyrénées) – guided and own.
9. Clear water and marine reserves for diving and snorkeling. Local dive facilities, classes and tours. Sailing (charter, hire or day trips); sea and beach fishing.
10. Routine boat transport every day between Argeles sur Mer, Collioure, Port Vendres.
* a spectacular, unspoilt fishing village dating back to the middle ages.
* 50+ cafes, restaurants and wine cellars spilling out onto narrow laneways, cobbled streets and along the waterfront promenande.
* four swimming beaches which are all close to our holiday rental cottage.
* the birthplace of Fauvism in 1905. Derain, Matisse, Dufy and Picasso all lived in various Collioure village houses.
* where Patrick O'Brian, reclusive author, lived for more than 50 years and where he wrote his most popular novels, including 'Master and Commander'.
* where the Pyrenees meet the Mediterranean and the sun shines 320 days of the year - the jewel of Languedoc Roussillon.
* a heady mix of French and Catalan, just 20 minutes from the Spanish border.
* the Catalan influence is everywhere - in the food, language, sardane dances and local bullfights.
* traditional French food and festivals are an integral part of village life for Collioure's 2800 inhabitants.
* explore the Fauvism or Rennie Mackintosh Art Trails, either self-guided or on a tour, while in Collioure.
From our Fishermans Cottage-House ... IN LESS THAN 1 MINUTE:
Walk ..to the beach.
Swim ..the warm Mediterranean waters.
Snorkel ..to discover spectacular marine life.
Browse .. at the twice-weekly farmer's market.
Dine ..at a beachside cafe or restaurant.
Visit ..the anchovy houses with their famous produce.
Follow ..the Fauvism art trail throughout the village.
Explore ..the wine caves,cellars and interpretation centre.
Relax ..on the waterfront promenade.
Begin..a sketch or painting by the sea.
Stroll..through cobbled streets full of cafes, galleries, wines caves & shops.
From our Cottage-House ... IN LESS THAN 5 MINUTES:
Explore ..the restored working windmill behind Collioure.
Wander ..through local vineyards.
Sample ..the renowned Collioure reds, rosés & whites or the Banyuls sweet-styled wines from local cellars.
Visit ..the medieval castle on the promenade.
Enjoy ..a coastal walk to other villages.
Browse ..the year-round fish and food markets.
Experience ..the rich interior of Notre Dame des Anges, the world's only church built below sea level.
Climb ..the hills and capture the spectacular beauty of this 1000-year old fishing village.
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
Pay online via the Holiday Lettings payment platform with your credit/debit card or your PayPal account to be covered by Payment Protection. Learn more
You're booking with
100% Response rate
Based in Australia
- 436 properties
- 397 properties
- 147 properties
- 121 properties
- St Cyprien
- 109 properties
- El Port de La Selva
- 88 properties
- 44 properties
- El Mas Oliva
- 31 properties
- Banyuls sur Mer
- 24 properties
- Laroque des Alberes
- 18 properties
- Canet en Roussillon
- 17 properties
- 16 properties
- Port Vendres
- 9 properties
- 8 properties
- Colera, Villa
- 8 properties
- 8 properties
- 7 properties
- Torreilles Plage
- 7 properties
- 6 properties
- Saint Genis des Fontaines
- 6 properties