Kidds Hill Farm
£336 / night
About the home
Unforgettable holidays - Kidds Hill Farm is the perfect gathering place - whatever the occasion. Enjoy a country house with ultra modern comforts set within 4 acres of landscaped gardens and surrounding Ashdown Forest with its many walking trails and breathtaking scenery. The East Sussex National Golf Club is a mere 12 miles away for that keen golfer and also offers a luxurious day spa for more pampering. Children will love the grounds with the heated swimming pool and tennis court, the adventure playground and swings hanging down from trees allowing parents to enjoy the mediterranean inspired courtyards for alfresco dining and that gin and tonic view.
|Size:||Sleeps up to 10, 5 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach:||Brighton Beach, 45km|
|Will consider:||Corporate lets|
Hen and stag parties
|Family friendly?||Suitable for children of all ages|
Suitable for people with restricted mobility
|Notes:||No pets allowed|
No smoking at this property
|Luxuries:||Private outdoor pool (heated), Gym, Log fire, Internet access, DVD player|
|Pool:||Private outdoor pool (heated)|
|General:||Central heating, TV, Telephone, Pool / Snooker table, Table tennis, Games room, Satellite TV, Wi-fi available|
|Standard:||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities:||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms:||5 Bedrooms, 4 bathrooms of which 2 family bathrooms and 2 en suites|
|Furniture:||Single beds (6), Double beds (2), Cots (2), Dining seating for 10, Lounge seating for 10|
|Other:||Linen and towels provided|
|Outdoors:||Private outdoor pool (heated), Balcony / Terrace, Tennis court on site, Private garden, BBQ, Climbing frame, Swing set|
Further details indoors:
- 5 double bedrooms with adaptable sleeping arrangements
- all bathrooms are luxurious with underfloor heating, travertine tiles, separate glass enclosed power showers, large vanities and WC
- vaulted ceiling in hallway leads to gourmet fitted kitchen with granite worktops, AGA and induction hob, built in appliances, separate utility room
- open log fires in 2 of the sitting rooms
- burr walnut circular bar
- magnificent custom designed roof lanterns to flood in natural light
- 50" plasma TV with Sky and DVD player
- internet access with Wi Fi
- equipped gym with multi-gym, elliptical trainer and free weights
- adjoining changing room with luxurious shower/steam cabin
- games room above garage block with small pool table and table tennis
Further details outdoors:
- the 3 courtyards wrapped around the house are perfect for alfresco dining with outdoor tables, chairs and parasols and 2 loungers by the pool
- there are 4 tennis rackets and balls for use on the court
- heated swimming pool (March to September), tennis court
- cricket, soccer, croquet, swings, adventure playground for the kids
Welcome pack on arrival
Complimentary toiletries in all bathrooms
linens and towels all provided
please note garage block is locked up and not available for guests' use - however, ample parking on driveway
- Refundable breakages deposit of £500 required on arrival, to be refunded within one week of your departure (subject to satisfactory property inspection).
- 25% of rental fee due six weeks before your stay to secure booking.
- Strictly no smoking internally
The South East England / Sussex region
Sussex is a fascinating mix of sleek city pleasures, laid-back beach life and unspoilt countryside. It is historic, wild and sophisticated, exotic and traditional, all at the same time. Sussex is studded with castles from Hastings Castle to Pevensey Castle, Bodium Castle to Hever castle, Leeds castle and to Arundel castle which is England's second biggest castle. Here you can enjoy the history of medieval England and kids can even join in some jousting during the summer months at Hever and Leeds castles. Ashdown Forest is the setting for AA Milne's Winnie the Pooh stories and close by from the house are several recognisable sites described in the books,most notably Pooh bridge.
The Colemans Hatch area
For the more active, there are several lakes such as Ardingly, Weir Wood and Bewl Water for sailing, windsurfing, canoeing and yachting. Experience the sport of kings at Goodwood with horse racing between May and October and Glorious Goodwood at the end of July/early August - one of the highlights of the British flatracing calendar in the summer season. Then there is Glyndebourne recognised globally as one of the great opera houses with outdoor champagne picnics and evening dress is de rigeur. There's excellent walking around the South Downs with quaint and unique shopping in the Brighton lanes. For the kids there's plenty to see at Drusillas Zoo, ride the steam rail at Bluebell Railway and mingle with the llamas at Ashdown Forest Llama Park.
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
Fly to Gatwick airport which is 16 miles away (30 min) or London Heathrow which is 53 miles away (1 hr 10mins)
Easily accessible by train from London Victoria to East Grinstead (50 min) and taxi to Colemans Hatch (12 min)
Activities near Colemans Hatch
Golf within 30 mins drive
Rural / countryside retreats
08 Jul 2012
After viewing the property on the website then seeing it in person on arrival i felt that the pictures do not do it justice. The House is amazing and the amount of outside space and different... more
20 Apr 2012
Booked for my wife's birthday. 10 friends, 2 days. Great place, no concerns over noise. Sun shone, pool a real bonus. Owner a pleasure to deal with. It's not perfect....but almost! Just... more
25 Jan 2012
We stayed at Kidds Hill Farm from 23rd to 30th December. We rented the house for Christmas so we would have enough room to entertain the family. There were 2 children (1 & 5) and 8 adults.
The most important thing to this review is to do with the deposit. You forgot to mention in your review that I, as owner, sent you 3 weekly consecutive emails chasing up bank details so I could have... more
|Rental prices originally quoted in: British £||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 10|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|summer 2012||11 Jun 12||2 Sep 12||£ 2350||-||-||1 Week|
The property's weekend rates apply to: Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
- please specify if baby cots/highchairs are required when booking and bedding arrangements required to a maximum of 10 people including children.
- Refundable £500 security deposit required with final balance payment.
- We can accept payments by cheque or bank transfer in GBPEnquire now
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
Contact the owner
* Required fields
Please check the following errors:
2 years listed
You are contacting
The owner is based in Australia and has advertised with Holiday Lettings since 2010. This farmhouse has received 3 reviews from previous guests.
Verified property owner
This owner has been verified by our team
Payment for this home can be made directly to the owner.
Holiday accommodation in England (22,175)