House | 3 bedrooms | sleeps 6
The house has a large garden to relax in with private swimming pool and children's play area. There are 5 terraces to choose from. One off the upstairs bedroom for privacy. The sun deck around the pool with relaxing deck chairs. The BBQ terrace to enjoy outdoor dining. The large comfy terrace to enjoy a lounge around on the sofa. And the chill out zone set apart from the house to swing in a hammock and just relax in private.
With such scenic surroundings the area would be a paradise for landscape painters. There are many tracks for mountain biking or motor cross, if you have a your own bike, and walking with a river 5 mins away and lakes 30 mins for swimming with nature. There are many different species of birds for birdwatchers in the area. Horse lovers will find many stables locally.
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Marbella, Torremolinos, Fuengirola 25 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, House swap, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||8 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Malaga 50 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Jacuzzi or hot tub, Log fire, Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Air conditioning, TV, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 En suites|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Single beds (2), Double beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ, Climbing frame, Swing set|
|Further details indoors|
The master suite has it's own on suite, wet room. It has double doors opening out onto the terrace with great views. The kingsize bed is super comfortable. It also has an office area where you can plug in your lap top for the internet, or enjoy the freedom of wi-fi. One of the twin bedrooms has it's own private balcony. The family bathroom has a jacuzzi bath great for relaxing. Enjoy the large open plan kitchen which opens out onto the pool and decking area. It has another door for easy access to the large outdoor kitchen which has a real and gas BBQ. The lounge offers a flat screen tv and a dvd player with a large collection of DVDs for your use. Enjoy the real log fire on those winter lets, which makes the house feel really cosy.
|Further details outdoors|
The pool is right next to the house so kids can be supervised easily. It has a decking area which is great for soaking up the sun. You can enjoy the sun or the shade all day as the house has seating areas all around. The front terrace has a large outdoor lounging area with sofas and comfy chairs to kick back with a book or for enjoying an evening cocktail. We also have a very large outdoor kitchen and dining area. It has blinds all the way around for blocking out the sun on those hot august afternoons. You have 3000 sqm of land around you so no on looking neighbours, complete privacy.
A full welcome pack is included in the price. An English speaking and Spanish speaking representative is nearby if you have any problems or questions. No smoking permitted inside but out side is fine.
The Andalucia region
The golden beaches of Marbella are ½ hour away as is the popular marina of the rich and famous Puerto Banus for a spot of lunch and people watching. The beautiful city of Malaga is only 1/2 hour away with it's own long beach and beach bars. Torrimolinos and Fuengerola both with aqua parks and beaches are only 35 mins away.
The nearest golf courses are Alhaurin Golf and Lauro Golf both within 15 mins from Coin town. There are literally dozens of other golf courses within 30 mins - 1 hour's drive to suit all standards.
Sierra Nevada ski resorts 2 hour drive.
Coin is a small town but has all the necessary amenities at hand. It has 3 large supermarkets and a small shopping centre with a multi cinema showing original version movies. It has a local market every Saturday morning which the locals call 'El Barato' meaning the cheap one, well worth a visit and a large boot sale in the car park of the shopping centre every Sunday. Douglas Creek is on the outskirts of Coin at the base of the Sierra Nieves National Park so even though you have all that at hand you feel secluded in the beautiful country side. Just 10 - 20 mins drive you can visit several typical white villages where the locals welcome you in. A good way to try some of the local cuisine. Andalucia has many fiestas through out the year. During August the fierier is a large celebration in Malaga and Seville and all the towns and villages hold their own parties, each week in a different village including Coin.
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
17 May 2013
We mostly enjoyed our stay. Arrived earlier than expected, caretakers were waiting. Place was clean. The pool was warm enough to swim in & good amount of utensils in the house. Beds comfy, nice shower, great views, cool terraces, plenty of books & dvds. We especially enjoyed the juicer! And a bonus having cbbs on tv!
There are a few things that we feel could be improved on.
1) first impressions when coming to Douglas Creek were somewhat spoilt by the view of various items strewn across the care takers garden (looked like rubbish, old boxes, bits of machinery, old bits of toys). We did initially feel slightly aprehensive! Perhaps they should keep things a little neater for guests arrival, especially during the day.
2) the directions possibly need updating as the road numbers on the instructions are not the same as all the signs & we didnt see the medical centre even though we drove past frequently (& kept an eye out). Very confusing & luckily we were using a sat nav system with the old numbers. Signs must have changed as numbers begin with 7.
3) the sandpit could've done with a bit if neatening - my husband racked it a few times to get big stones out if it. The toys (car/digger) were not in working order. Seems pointless having them there & made it look a bit "tired".
4) the firepit had rubbish in it & is very over grown. We initially thought it was a place for a Bon fire to dispose of things.
5) the aircon is a) so noisy in the bedroom above the main one, we couldn't sleep with it on. It literally reverberates through the floor. We could even hear it from the opposite terrace. It is equally as loud in the bedroom it was cooling. It was so loud it was difficult to enjoy the sounds of nature with it rattling & choking away. It was so incredibly hot (dial was reading 39C in the shade). As a result our daughter slept really badly (too noisy with it on, too hot with it off). b) The aircon in both the main bedroom & second bedroom (with balcony) did not touch the sides on full blast. I would never stay here in the heat of summer if that aircon was as is!
6) so many flies & no swatter. I'm not keen on using spray & especially not with my little one around.
7) would've been good to have some surface cleaner to use. I used something that turned out to be vinegar.
8) that driveway where the main gate is has a horrific bump in it. No matter how carefully I drove, I scraped the bottom of the car so badly every time we left or returned.
9) the care takers are literally right next door. Lovely friendly people, but you can hear their children crying (often thought it was my own girl & having to check it wasn't!) They were doing something with a strimmer or some other machine all day one day which was very annoying & disturbed
the peace somewhat.
There was no hammock & when I asked about it I received a curt two word email back. Ask Belen. I was a bit taken aback! Shouldn't the owners check with their care takers? Anyway, owner must've realised as the hammock was up at the end of the day. So we had 2 or 3 days use. Not a big issue, but it could've been handled a bit better/in a more friendly manner IMO.
This is just my opinion. Perhaps we were the first ones in before the season?
18 Nov 2011
"fantastic villa with stunning views."
The villa was in a perfect setting of the sierra nieves. Tranquil sunsets to enjoy a glass of wine. We found the villa to be very child friendly, suitable for our 20 month old daughter, with stair … More
27 Sep 2011
"Beautiful place, would love to go back"
We are just home from an 11 night stay at Douglas Creek.This was the perfect holiday for myself and my fiance.I loved the pool and he loved the freedom of walking in and out all day from the pool to t… More
16 Aug 2011
"Fantastic holiday home in stunning setting!"
We have just returned from an amazing week at this stunning property. Travelling with 3 children 9,3 and 1 we were a bit anxious it would cater for all our needs but it went beyond our expectations. The house is very well equipped, has air conditioning (which we needed - the weather was very hot) with a swimming pool and even Sky TV! It felt like a rural retreat it was so peaceful and relaxing, yet had all the mod cons you need. The views are spectacular and the grounds of the house are wonderful to explore with lots of interesting things for the children. It is only 10 minutes from the town of Coin, which has supermarkets, restaurants etc We also did a trip to swim in the lakes in the mountains and went to the coast near Marbella - all of which are very accessible from the property. We just wished we could have stayed longer-perfect holiday!
14 Aug 2011
"Fantastic home from home"
Loved this house, it has everything you need for a relaxing break. The kids loved it with places to explore and the feeling of freedom you cannot get at the coast in August. The location is great, a short drive to Coin provides all you will need whilst you can drive to Ronda (well worth a visit) El Chorro, Marbella, etc within a reasonable time.
Pay online via the Holiday Lettings payment platform with your credit/debit card or your PayPal account to be covered by Payment Protection. Learn more
You're booking with
- 4 Years listed
100% Response rate
Based in United Kingdom
Credit cards accepted
- Visit site
- 1687 properties
- 753 properties
- Mijas Costa
- 436 properties
- 130 properties
- 83 properties
- 80 properties
- Mijas Golf
- 80 properties
- Alhaurin El Grande
- 65 properties
- Mijas Pueblo
- 56 properties
- Alhaurin de la Torre Area
- 51 properties
- Ardales National Park
- 26 properties
- 21 properties
- 21 properties
- Alhaurin Golf Resort
- 16 properties
- Cartama Estacion
- 15 properties
- 13 properties
- 12 properties
- 9 properties
- 8 properties
- 7 properties