from £19 /night help Price for guests, Nights
from £19 /night help Price for guests, Nights
Estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay. Excludes fees (if applicable). Enter your dates to see the total cost.
B&B / 4 bedrooms / sleeps 9
Availability Your dates are available
B&B / 4 bedrooms / sleeps 9
The spacious sitting room is a beautiful setting for a new years eve party and we are even offering a discount during that period. The palace of the 1700s is an elegant refined 3 storey mansion, owned ever since by the Morelli family.
It is located in the very centre of the VIII th century Civita Castellana town, overlooking the main square enriched with a wonderful 6th century fountain and the 7th century church of St. Peter. It is 100 meters away from the romantic Duomo and the pentagonal Rocca of San Gallo, built in the late 1400s, hosting the Etruscan Museum. The private area of the palace has a frescoed ballroom, various living rooms, still with antique family furnitures, as in the hosting part of the palace, which is made up of a wide romantic living room with an ancient tapestry, a fireplace, surrounded by sofas; one big modern kitchen; four comfortable bedrooms; two wide bathrooms .
All the rooms lead to the terrace overlooking the square, the roofs of the old town and a wonderful surrounding landscape: a wonderful place for an aperitivo at the sunset. The old miews have been transformed into a garage. The palace has a small private frescoed chapel, used in the old times for the family private religious ceremonies
The second floor, traditionally called "the noble floor" has a wide frescoed ballroom and other large living rooms, perfect for meetings, seminars and parties.
|Size||Sleeps up to 9, 4 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Tarquinia, Ansedonia 72 km|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Fiumicino Aereoporto Leonardo Da Vinci 60 km, Nearest railway: Train Roma - Civita Castellana( regionale) 50 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, Yes, smoking allowed|
Features and Facilities
|General||Central heating, Satellite TV|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Fridge, Freezer|
|Rooms||4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 Shower rooms, Solarium or roof terrace|
|Furniture||Double beds (3), Single beds (3), Dining seats for 12, Lounge seats for 4|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace|
|Access||Secure parking, Not suitable for wheelchair users|
|Further details indoors|
It is in the centre of an extraordinary medieval town situated on a volcanic plateau surrounded on all sides but one by deep ravines which send down their streams to the Tiber. On the Tufo cliffs where the ancient Etruscan town of Faleri Veteres was located and where still now one can see in every direction holes — doorways innumerable, leading into spacious tombs,— sepulchral niches of various forms and sizes. a rich cultural site and a famous place for its traditional food and ceramics and antiquaries.
|Further details outdoors|
In the neighbourhood there are:
- the remains of the ancient city of Falerrunz 'Fetus; portions of the ancient walls, gateways, and sepulchres are still to be seen at the edge of the ravine.
- About 4 miles to the west are the much more extensive ruins of Falerii Novi, now known as Sta Maria di Falleri, with some of the most remarkable specimens of ancient military architecture now in existence, consisting of walls -nearly perfect, a large number of square towers in good preservation, and several finely-arched gateways.
- Ronciglione and Caprarola (...km) gleam in sunshine on the slopes of the Ciminian Mount, each beneath one of its black wooded peaks.
- Viterbo, at 17 km a wonderfully preserved medieval walled hilltown of with its medieval architecture: the remains of its grand Papal Palace (Palazzo dei Papi) and the humbler medieval lanes.
- the Terme dei Papi with a wonderful SPA with its wide out-door Sulphureous baths and mud-baths.
- Bagnaccio with the hot sulphurous pools, which sit in the middle of the countryside. (Drive along the Via Cassia Nord towards Montefiascone, and after about three miles take the turning towards Marta. A short way down this road take a left turning down a rough road by a Roman ruin. Along this unsurfaced road you'll find the pools where you can bathe. )
- Castel di Sant' Elia, a small village, which looks much like an Etruscan site, and was perhaps a castellum dependent on Nepi. The road to it and beyond it seems in some parts to have been ancient, cut through the tufo; there are few tombs by its side, but here and there portions of masonry, serving as fences to the road, may be observed, which are of ancient blocks, often found in such situations.
- Nepi (...km) a quaint-looking town. A line of crumbling wall, laden with machicolated battlements, and a massive castle within rising high above it, would give it the appearance of a fortress, were it not for the square red tower of the cathedral with its white pyramid of a spire, shooting high and bright into the deep blue sky .
- Bagnaia a small and charmingly historical town (only 17 km), just a short distance from Viterbo.The town is famous for its great relic of aristocratic grandeur and the sixteenth-century Villa Lante.
- Bracciano lake and beach, 15 miles southwest of Civita Castellana
- Parco dei Mostri: Viterbo province, 16 miles northwest of Civita Castellana
- Parco di Bomarzo,Viterbo province , 16 miles northwest of Civita Castellana
- Vallelunga race track (20 minutes drive)
- "Le Querce" golfe course,10 km.
The Lazio region
Latium (Latin: Latium) is the region of central western Italy in which the city of Rome was founded and grew to be the capital city of the Roman Empire. Latium was originally a small triangle of fertile, volcanic soil on which resided the tribe of the Latins. It was located on the left bank of the Tiber river.
Its climate mild so that it is possible to visit also in the winter. The rich nature offers wonderful beaches, from Ansedonia, Tarquinia, Sperlonga, Gaeta and mountains. Its country side is rich of olive trees, vineyards, cornfield, and woods. Charming landscapes accompanied by archeological sites both Etruscan and Roman, small old medioeval villages on the top of the hills full of fantastic palaces and restaurants.
Civita Castellana is an important ancient town in the green region of Tuscia, not far from Viterbo where even Popes have resided there. Overlooking the green valley of the river Tevere, it lies on the gorgious tufo cliffs , between Monte Soratte and Cimini Mountains.
The town of Civita Castellana ( Falerii novi for the Romans) is an important archeological cultural and naturalistic centre, the cradle of the ancient " civiltà Falisca". It is famous for his Duomo and the Forte San Gallo, the Etruscan tumbs, as well as its food and the beautiful ceramics exported all over the world. Places to see: the Via Amerina, the park of Bomarzo, the cities of Caprarola, Capranica, Nepi, the Lake of Bolsena, Viterbo and its natural SPA. It is onlly 30 minutes distance from the centre of Rome.
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
You're booking with
- 3 Years listed
67% Response rate
Calendar last updated:17 Jan 2015
Based in Italy