About the home
Villa Nikolas is a wonderful blend of charming traditional features together with modern comfort. Local stone has been used for the fireplace and the decorative frames surrounding all of the doors and windows.
The villa has 2 floors. On the ground floor, entering the house there is a comfortable living and dining area with sofa bed, connected to an open plan fully equipped kitchen. Also on the ground floor are two bedrooms and a bathroom.
Upstairs, there is a master bedroom suite and two terraces.
The nearby village of Vamos, with its selection of traditional tavernas and bars, is one of our recommended locations. This, along with the nearby beach villages of Almirida and Kalyves, is why Villa Nikolas should be at the top of you list.
|Size:||Sleeps up to 8, 3 bedrooms|
|Will consider:||Long lets|
Nearest amenities: 500m
|Family friendly?||Suitable for children of all ages|
Suitable for people with restricted mobility
|Notes:||May take pets - please enquire|
|Luxuries:||Internet access, DVD player|
|Pool:||Private outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General:||Air conditioning, TV, CD player, Safe, Satellite TV, Wi-fi available|
|Standard:||Kettle, Toaster, Iron|
|Utilities:||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms:||3 Bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 family bathroom and 1 en suite, Solarium / Roof terrace|
|Furniture:||Sofabeds (1), Single beds (3), Double beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seating for 6, Lounge seating for 5|
|Other:||Linen and towels provided|
|Outdoors:||Private outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony / Terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
|Access:||Wheelchair friendly, Parking space|
Further details indoors:
Entrance to the villa is directly into the comfortable open living and dining area the lounge is furnished to a high standard with sofa-bed, armchair and entertainment centre comprising of TV/DVD-CD player.
The open plan kitchen is fully equipped and has a side door opening onto the pool dining terrace and BBQ area.
The master bedroom suite occupies the whole of the upstairs along with two large terraces overlooking the pool and views beyond. The suite has a double bed (and single bed for a child if required) together with en suite bathroom. The other two bedrooms are on the ground floor (a double bedroom and a twin bedroom with a shower).
Further details outdoors:
The large pool, set in well cared for gardens, is surrounded by a patio with sunbeds and additional outside furniture.
Pool Size 10m x 5m; Depths 0.80m - 1.85m
• Our property is managed by a local company who are there to help you during your holiday.
• You will be provided with their 24h emergency number and (at your request) our local agent will come and visit you.
• We provide detailed driving instructions (with photos and GPS Location) to the property.
• Inside the property is an information book giving useful tips and advice to help you make the most of your holiday and the surrounding area.
• Booking Notes - No smoking inside the property.
• Rental durations less than 7 days considered if it fills a gap.
The Crete region
Crete, an island renowned for its natural beauty and diverse landscapes, speckled with mountain ranges and dotted with caves. The most dramatic features though are the spectacular gorges that cut through the mountains and spill out to sea. The rugged interior is interspersed with vast plateaus and fertile plains. The east boasts Europe's only palm-tree forest beach and the south coast has some of the most stunning beaches and isolated coves.
The Chania / Vamos area
Vamos is a historic village set within scenic hills and due to its strategic location many battles have taken place there. The village is a delightful mix of traditional architecture with many now restored with several interesting Churches. The highlights are the excellent village Tavernas and Kafenions.
Almirida, a tiny village around a small sandy cove with miniature port. It is famous not just for the amazing soft sand, but also for the fine handmade glass that is made from it, using traditional techniques. The beach, quaint tavernas and bars means Almirida should be on your 'must visit' list for Crete.
Kokkino Horio is inland of Almirida and is where you can visit the interesting caves and tunnels that were constructed by the Germans during the occupation of Crete (1941-45). The location was also used in the 1964 film 'Zorba the Greek' starring Antony Quinn.
Kalyves is a pretty coastal village with a wide selection of shops, tavernas and bars including a cooper's workshop. The highlight though, is the beautiful sandy beach front and harbour. The beach has been awarded a 'Blue' flag denoting its clean state and safe water. Kalyves has a friendly atmosphere and is perfect for children.
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
• We will provide you with detailed driving instructions to the property.
• Car Hire or Taxi Transfer: we recommend the following local company.
• Distance from Chania airport is 50mins drive. (It is an easy drive along a main road.)
• Most visitors come to Crete directly by plane, especially by charter.
• If you need help finding flights, please contact us and we will be glad to advise.
• You can fly into Chania or Heraklion.
• There is a regular ferryboat service from the port of Piraeus to Heraklion, Rethymnon and Chania. Ships depart every evening around 8.00 or 8.30 (times vary a little depending on the season) and arrive very early morning (5.00 or 6.00 am).
• The best option if you want to come by car or motorbike is overland through Germany and Italy and by ferry from Ancona in Italy.
Activities near Chania
Beach or lakeside relaxation
18 Nov 2012
This villa slept 4 very comfortably.the pool was very clean- as was the rest og the villa. The kids loved the computer with internet access and the large BBQ was also a big hit.
Directions to property were excellent as was all the communication with the booking agent
|Rental prices originally quoted in: Euros €||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 8|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|1 Apr 13||1 May 13||€ 749||€ 107||€ 107||1 Night|
|1 May 13||25 May 13||€ 476||€ 68||€ 68||4 Nights|
|25 May 13||1 Jul 13||€ 861||€ 123||€ 123||4 Nights|
|1 Jul 13||13 Jul 13||€ 1141||€ 163||€ 163||4 Nights|
|13 Jul 13||24 Aug 13||€ 1680||€ 240||€ 240||4 Nights|
|24 Aug 13||1 Sep 13||€ 1491||€ 213||€ 213||4 Nights|
|1 Sep 13||1 Oct 13||€ 735||€ 105||€ 105||4 Nights|
|1 Oct 13||31 Oct 13||€ 476||€ 68||€ 68||4 Nights|
|1 Apr 14||1 May 14||€ 763||€ 109||€ 109||4 Nights|
|1 May 14||25 May 14||€ 483||€ 69||€ 69||4 Nights|
|25 May 14||1 Jul 14||€ 875||€ 125||€ 125||4 Nights|
|1 Jul 14||13 Jul 14||€ 1162||€ 166||€ 166||4 Nights|
|13 Jul 14||24 Aug 14||€ 1715||€ 245||€ 245||4 Nights|
|24 Aug 14||1 Sep 14||€ 1519||€ 217||€ 217||4 Nights|
|1 Sep 14||1 Oct 14||€ 749||€ 107||€ 107||4 Nights|
|1 Oct 14||1 Nov 14||€ 483||€ 69||€ 69||4 Nights|
The property does not have weekend tariffs.
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
• You can request to 'Place A Hold' for 48 hours while you decide.
• Payments by Credit Card (Visa/Mastercard/Amex) or Bank Transfer.
• 20% Deposit required to secure booking.
• Rental Rates include all local taxes, utility bills and final cleaning.
• Maid Service, Laundry and Towels included within rental rates.
• No breakage security deposit required. Instead, 5 Euro charge per person for a BDW (Breakage Damage Waiver) to cover any accidental breakages is charged.
• Please Note - No smoking inside the property.
• Rental durations less than 7 days considered if it fills a gap.Enquire now
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
The above calendar is accurate and automatically updated daily.
You can request to 'Place A Hold' for 48 hours while you decide.
Contact the manager
* Required fields
Please check the following errors:
5 years listed
You are contacting
Agni Travel (property manager)
The property manager is based in the United Kingdom and has advertised with Holiday Lettings since 2008. This villa has received 1 review from previous guests.
Verified property manager
This property manager has been verified by our team.
Payments for this home can be made directly to the property manager.
Selected other homes from this advertiser
Villa Aphrodite in Turunc, Turkey
Bougainvillea in Corfu, Greece
Villa Vasillis in Corfu, Greece
Villa Vali in Kefalonia, Greece