Kingfisher House Apartment
from £71 /night help
Apartment | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 4
• Located literally a stone's throw from Walmgate Bar on York's medieval city walls, this is an ideal base for anyone wanting to explore the attractions of York and the surrounding environment. The city centre, York Minster and The Shambles are easily accessible by foot and some of York's finest restaurants, in Fossgate, are only a five-mute walk away. The free parking space is a useful facility since parking in York itself is often difficult.
• The apartment offers a comfortable stay for two couples or for a couple and two children. It has two double bedrooms - one with double bed and one with twin beds which can be joined to make a 5' kingsize double. The well-equipped kitchen makes it easy to self-cater for four and there are excellent Waitrose and Morrison's supermarkets within a few yards walk of the property.
• The history of York has evolved through the Roman, Viking, Medieval, Georgian and Victorian eras to the present day. For history enthusiasts, York is rich in buildings from each era and there is the National Railway Museum. the Jorvik Viking experience, the York Castle museum, the York dungeon and other attractions to interest children.
• The city centre has some wonderful independent shops and just outside the city are some excellent Designer discount retail opportunities. Also close to the apartment is the York Race Course where numerous meetings are held throughout the year.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Bridlington 65 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, House swap, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest Amenities||500 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: LeedsBradford 39 km, Nearest railway: York 1.2 km|
|Family friendly||Suitable for children over 5|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Telephone, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Single beds (2), Double beds (2), Dining seats for 4, Lounge seats for 5|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Shared garden|
|Further details indoors|
• beautifully furnished in contemporary style
• oak and tiled floors,
* generous sized open-plan living space
• two double bedrooms
• bathroom has a full-size bath with shower over
• kitchen is well-equipped
• video-entry phone.
• 32 inch high-definition flat screen TV
• high-definition DVD/CD player
•radio and ipod dock in each bedroom
|Further details outdoors|
• There is a secure bicycle store if needed.
• The apartment block has its own car park to the front of the building and communal gardens to the rear.
• allocated parking space
• The balcony has its own bistro table and two chairs.
• balcony gets morning and evening sun and looks out over well-maintained gardens
• Welcome pack on arrival
• Meet and greet service to hand over keys
• English speaking person will greet you
• This is a second floor flat with no lift but the stairs are not arduous for anyone, young or old, in reasonable health.
The Yorkshire region
York is one of the most visited tourist destinations in the UK. The city itself is rich in history and contains some beautiful old buildings and historically-themed attractions, in particular, York Minster, one of the finest Gothic cathedrals in Northern Europe with stunning stained glass windows. Another ancient and beautiful cathedral nearby is Selby Abbey.
Yorkshire has some of the most beautiful scenery in the UK and is a joy to tour. Other places of interest include Harrogate and the seaside resorts of Bridlington and Scarborough.
York holds many festivals throughout the year. To name a few there is an Early Music Festival between in July, the National Book Fair and a food festival in September. York race course holds several events throughout the year. York also holds a Christmas Market which is hugely popular given the atmospheric setting that the city provides.
There are plenty of cultural activities in the area and many places to visit including historical attractions and some wonderful shopping, including Designer Outlet stores. Further afield Yorkshire has some great walking country. This offers scope for as active or relaxing a holiday as you choose!
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
10 Nov 2014
"Lovely apartment, great location."
Lovely comfortable apartment in a fantastic location - a short walk to shops and restaurants with supermarket just down the road.Would definitely use again.… More
10 Oct 2014
"Accommodation not to be missed"
4 of us stayed for 2 nights. The apartment was better than expected. Ian was so helpful to us as the washing machine died mid cycle on our first night. We called him and he came around that night and … More
24 Aug 2014
"Christmas with the family with our own space"
This was perfect for us. We had a great Christmas with ALL the family and also had own space without having to use an hotel.
Affordable, personal, clean etc. Really appreciated the Christmas tree too.
16 Aug 2014
"Just what we required"
My wife and I who are both in our late 60's used this apartment to take our teenage granddaughter to visit York. We found the apartment offered everything we needed and more.All the facilities for cooking and washing clothes are available although on this short stay we did not use them as we ate out.The bedrooms are of a good size and well furnished. The apartment also benefits from having wifi which is good for today's young people (and some older ones).The location is excellent and the centre of York can be reached in under 20 mins at a reasonable walking pace. There is a supermarket nearby as well as a fish and chip shop and a selection of pubs. Secure Parking is provided which is a great advantage. We parked the car on arrival and did not use it again until we left 3 days later. The only downside was the apartment being on the 3rd floor which could be a problem to anyone who has difficulties with stairs. I would recommend this apartment to anyone wanting a good base to see York. The open top tour bus can be caught just 3 mins from the apartment.
Thank you for your feedback. For the benefit of others reading this, the apartment is on the second (not third) floor. There are just 32 stairs in total with large landings in between each set of 8.
8 Jul 2014
"Good location near city centre and ameneties"
A nice place to stay giving good access to near by city centre and ameneties. Rooms are fair sizeApparent well stockedOnly negative found the pan in the oven covered with grease from previous tenant a… More
3 Jun 2014
"Lovely holiday home, well presented and great location"
Had a wonderful time at Kingfisher house. Everything we needed in a holiday home including comfy beds, working appliances, tea, coffee and sugar, dishwasher tablets and close proximity to the city cen… More
24 May 2014
"Well situated and comfortable apartment"
This apartment is located within new build flats, situated just outside the wall of the city. The apartment is nicely decorated and furnished. It is well stocked with various kitchen equipment, dishes and glasses - everything you could possibly need.
I stayed here for a few days with my two girl friends and we had a fabulous time.
The apartment is located 5-10mins from everything the town centre has to offer. York is a compact city and very east to get around.
Next time i visit york, i will definitely stay at kingfisher house apartment again.
Due to the amount of internal stairs to access this apartment, i wouldn't recommend it to elderly or disabled travellers as there is no lift access.
24 May 2014
"Perfect apartment in York"
We were a last minute booking and consider ourselves very lucky to have found this wonderful apartment. It is spacious and spotlessly clean with an abundance of cooking equipment, top quality appliances and wifi.
We are fans of the Hop-onHop-off bus, which stops inside the walls, just near the apartment. It's an easy walk into the main city area anyway. There is parking provided and a supermarket is a few hundred meters away. It was quiet and felt very safe.
We cannot praise this apartment enough!
11 May 2014
"Fabulous,comfortable, well located, and beautifully furnished!"
A lovely apartment with everything we needed for our short stay. an easy walk to many nearby restaurants and main tourist attractions. Secure off street parking so no need to park in York at all. Well equipped kitchen , lovely clean bedrooms with comfortable beds.. We also had problems with hot water though as did other renters but managed to work out the booster switch and showered at different times. Lovely balcony and lounge area. Many good restaurants in Fossgate area and easy access for walk around the walls. Would stay here again. Good local restaurants Masons, Loch Fyne and Golden Fleece!
4 May 2014
"Away time in York"
The apartment was very clean and tidy lots of equipment available to use in the kitchen for cooking and plenty of towels. The apartment was well situated and there is a very nice fish and chip shop on the corner. As an improver for the owner you require to leave notices on how the hot water works, the water is always cold even when turned on but there is a booster switch which requires to be used. Now easy to figure out unless you are an electrical engineer like me. Just need to write up a users notice apart from that very good stay.
You're booking with
- 3 Years listed
100% Response rate
Calendar last updated:24 Jan 2015
Based in United Kingdom
Credit cards accepted
- Visit site
- 4353 properties
- 776 properties
- 541 properties
- Peak District National Park
- 403 properties
- County Durham
- 313 properties
- 11 properties