Saint Louis 41
Apartment | 1 bedrooms | sleeps 2
Romantic pied-à-terre in the heart of historic Île Saint Louis, situated between the Left Bank, Notre-Dame and the Marais. This duplex on the third and fourth floors of a typical 18th century Parisian apartment building (without lift!) would ideally suit a couple or couple with one child looking for a base from which to explore on foot the historic heart of Paris.
The Champs Élysées, museums and shopping districts of Paris are also easily accessible (less than 15 minutes) by métro or train. The apartment consists of a living space with open kitchen/dining area from which a spiral staircase leads up to the bedroom with double bed and a fully equipped bathroom with full-sized bath/shower, toilet and washing machine.
|Size||Sleeps up to 2, 1 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Charles de Gaulle 20 km, Nearest railway: Gare de Lyon 300 m|
|Family friendly||Suitable for children over 5|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||1 bedroom, 1 bathrooms of which 1 En suites|
|Furniture||Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seats for 2, Lounge seats for 2|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
The Paris/Ile de France region
Welcome to the portal of the City of Paris! Here you will find all the information you might need about the history of the Paris municipality, its population and the city’s foreign policy.
You will also get a glimpse of the many cultural and ecological treasures of Paris: museums, theatres, monuments, parks, woods, gardens…
If you intend to live in Paris, you will find tips to facilitate your settlement in the “City of Light”
Lots of tourists swarm the island in Paris, home of Notre Dame Cathedral. But far too many overlook its adorable little sister, the quaint Ile Saint Louis just a few steps away.
This small island is like an oasis from the rush of the city. It's almost as if someone dropped a small French village into the centre of Paris, as it features markets, bakeries, fromageries and cafés. While much of Paris has modernized over the years, the ile remains romantically frozen in the 17th century. It is remarkably the same as it was centuries ago.
It is lined with adorable boutiques, is home to its own unique ice cream, features historic attractions, and boasts one of Paris' best hotels.
- Berthillon ice cream: The only true Berthillon can be found in the few small blocks that make up the Ile Saint Louis. This delicious ice cream has rich colours and equally intense flavors. It comes in myriad flavors, but the dark chocolate (chocolat noir and mango (mangue) flavors are incredible. There are several spots to sample Berthillon on the island. For true authenticity, try this divine dessert at 31, rue St Louis-en-l'Ile, where it was born.
- Boutique shopping: The island's main street, rue de Saint Louis en Ile, features wonderful specialty boutiques and shops. Although they are a bit trendy and overpriced, this is still an ideal spot for discovering unique souvenirs. There is an upscale toy store, a shop devoted to hand crafted puppets, a chocolate shop, a couple of gourmet shops, art galleries and more.
- Performers at Pont Saint-Louis: The small bridge that connects Ile Saint Louis with Ile de la Cité is a popular spot for street performers, be it jazz bands, jugglers or mimes. Relax and enjoy the show while nibbling on your Berthillon.
- St Louis en l'Ile Church: First built in 1622, this atmospheric church invites with a vast, stunning wooden door decorated with angels. Inside, it is surprisingly impressive and immense.
A great meal: There is an amazingly high number of restaurants considering the tiny size of this island. There are several concentrated near Pont Saint-Louis, and all are good. While some of the restaurants are upscale and expensive, there are a couple lower-priced eateries here that are fabulous. I've never had a bad meal on the island.
- A drink at Franc Pinot cabaret: This has been a popular watering hole since the 17th century, and remains so to this day. Pleasantly not a tourist trap, this bar oozes with the French laissez-faire attitude. It's located at 1, quai de Bourbon, just near the intersection with Pont Marie.
As enchanting as the Ile Saint Louis is, no Paris neighborhood is an island unto itself. Fortunately, as the island is almost dead centre in the city, many great attractions are within walking distance, including:
- Notre Dame Cathedral, which is a short walk away. This lovely cathedral, the setting for the classic novel, "The Hunchback of Notre Dame," is a must-see. Be sure to walk up the seemingly-endless spiral stairs for a stunning view of the city, a close-up and personal peek at the famous gargoyles and a glimpse of the hunchback's famous church bell.
- The Seine River: It literally surrounds this island, and is one of Paris' best attractions (and, as a bonus, it's free to visit). You can hardly say you've done Paris unless you kiss your sweetheart while on one of the bridges across the Seine.
- Centre Pompidou: This modern art museum is worth a visit even if you never go inside. The unique and colourful Stravinsky Fountain is a perfect backdrop for family travel photos. The buildings unique architecture, with its expanses of industrial tubing, are fascinating. Inside, there are many works of modern art, a great gift shop with wacky items, a huge book store with titles on nearly any aspect of art and a free ground-floor exhibit.
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
21 Sep 2013
"Little gem in a historic part of Paris"
This is a wonderful little apartment! it has everything you need in a historic part of the city. The windows open to the bell sounds of Notre Dame, it has old world character but is also cheerful, cle… More
27 Jun 2013
"Romantico pied-à-terre nel cuore di Parigi"
Il Saint Luis 41 è un piccolo pied-à-terre situato sull'Ile Saint Luis, una delle zone più affascinati di Parigi, piena di negozi, caffè e ristoranti e a due passi dalle principali attrazioni… More
17 Feb 2013
"Perfect little apartment right in the heart of Paris"
This is a perfect little apartment right in the centre of Paris and would be ideal for a couple. It is compact but not small and very well equipped with everything we needed for a comfortable stay. Th… More
21 Oct 2012
"Very pleasant place"
Everything worked extremely well during the whole process with Danielle, before the arrival. We met at the apartment, which was very clean and with everything you might need for a short stay. Danielle was very friendly, gave us many tips about the surroundings and made us feel at home.
There are plenty of restaurants, boulangeries and small markets at walking distance. Metro and RER are also close - Pont Marie is less than 3 minutes walking. I'd definitely recommend Danielle's apartment, and would stay again for sure.
27 Mar 2012
"We loved it! I could stay there forever!"
This flat was tiny but perfect, in a beautiful location. Danielle was extremely helpful and spoke perfect English. One warning: it is on the 3rd floor (4th floor to us Americans!) and there is a narro… More
2 Aug 2011
"Great little apartment in awesome location"
The apartment was clean and our welcome was prompt and friendly. Location is amazing! Perfect for people who want to spent lots of time out and about. It's small but comfy and we were very sad to… More
Pay online via the Holiday Lettings payment platform with your credit/debit card or your PayPal account to be covered by Payment Protection. Learn more
You're booking with
- 6 Years listed
100% Response rate
Based in France
Credit cards accepted
- Visit site
- Central Paris
- 1867 properties
- Grand Paris
- 82 properties
- Disneyland Paris
- 47 properties
- 17 properties
- 12 properties
- 11 properties
- 11 properties
- 10 properties
- 9 properties
- 9 properties
- 8 properties
- Les Lilas
- 8 properties
- Seine et Marne District
- 7 properties
- 6 properties