22 St Margarets Road
from £103 /night help
Apartment | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 5
- A beautifully renovated Victorian house apartment situated only a short walk from the centre of Oxford in the highly desirable North Oxford area, it has very recently (October 2012) been fully renovated to provide modern comforts whilst still retaining its Victorian charm, all in a tranquil and safe environment.
- The extremely spacious kitchen is fitted with all amenities and along with dining area makes this one of the best self-catering properties in Oxford. Light and airy living room provides a quiet place to relax or plan the next days activities in Oxford. Whilst the garden side bedrooms ensure that you have a warm comfortable and quiet sleep.
- With two bedrooms (1 double, 1 single with space for an extra single bed) with ample storage space, a fully equipped modern bathroom and a laundry room this apartment covers all needs for a short or long stay in Oxford. There is also space for bag storage in the laundry room so you do not lose any of your living space when travelling with a lot of luggage.
- Near-by (5 minutes walk) there is access to a children's playground and Port Meadow which is ideal for walks or to let pets get some proper exercise (pets are also more than welcome to explore the garden), meaning this location provides the proximity of Oxford centre and its attractions whilst offering a countryside style open area meadow.
- A convenient local shop which covers most needs for food shopping can be found only 2 minutes around the corner next door to a charming good food pub 'The Anchor Inn'.
- For more choice the trendy Jericho area is also found only 5 minutes walk away and provides an entertaining and interesting walking route into town while at the same time is full of shops, pubs and restaurants providing all levels of dining from excellent but cost effective pizzerias to fine dining (including Raymond Blanc's 'Brasserie Blanc'). Jericho also includes a supermarket.
- There is also a bicycle hire shop in Jericho which can be used to explore the very cycle-friendly Oxford centre.
|Size||Sleeps up to 5, 2 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Heathrow Airport, Nearest railway: Oxford Railway station|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Single beds (2), Double beds (1), Dining seats for 5, Lounge seats for 5|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Further details indoors|
An extra single bed is available to sleep 4 people in the bedrooms, by using the sofa-bed the apartment can sleep up 6 people total.
The kitchen comes fitted with all modern appliances and a wide range of cooking utensils, sauce pans, cooking dishes and frying pans.
Washing machine and dryer provided along with clothes rack, ironing board and iron in separate utility room allowing for all durations of stay to be well provided for. However if you are staying for longer than a week, then a linen change over and cleaning day is provided every 7 days at no additional cost.
The property comes with off street car parking available in the drive of the house at no additional cost.
All linens are provided at no additional cost.
High speed Wi-Fi internet is provided at no additional cost
|Further details outdoors|
Free off-road parking is provided in the drive of the property.
An English and French speaking property manager is available to contact 24 hours a day and lives in the same road so any questions can be answered and dealt with immediately.
A welcome booklet is provided on arrival to inform you of local attractions and things to do whilst in Oxford, there is also provision of leaflets on the many attractions of Oxford.
For groups of 5 persons £10 per night is charged extra, for a group of 6 it is £20 extra per night.
The Oxfordshire region
Oxfordshire sits in the beautiful Cotswolds of midland England.
A region famous for its rolling countryside and stunning old English towns and villages, nestled at the centre is the city of Oxford.
Famous all around the world for its University it is one of the most popular destinations for tourists visiting England.
Oxford is a city of immense historical value containing the iconic University it is a city not to be missed by any tourist enjoying a trip to England. With all the activities and events of a major city whilst still keeping a sense of charm and safety sometimes lacking in larger cities Oxford is an image of quintessential old England.
The colleges of the oldest English speaking University in the world provide some of the most stunning architecture of the entire United Kingdom and yet hidden amongst these old buildings are such modern day comforts as great shops, cinemas, sports facilities and fine dining (as well as some of the country's best Pubs, including its oldest!).
This compliments the wealth of traditional activities available in Oxford, most notably punting, a classic Oxfordian past time of travelling up and down rivers in a 'punt', a well known favourite of Lewis Carroll and other famous literary figures from Oxford's past.
Containing such wonderful historical building such as the Ashmolean museum and the Bodleian library there is no question that Oxford has become synonymous with the beautiful buildings that are all around the city centre and have been for many centuries.
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
11 Dec 2014
"A nice place"
Our family of four stayed in the apartment for an extended week-end in November. The Victorian house is beautiful as is the street. The location is convenient, on walking distance to the city centre a… More
30 Nov 2014
Ive just returned from a stay in this beautiful accomodation. It oozes cosiness as soon as you walk through the door. Richard the owner was very helpful, with all the information about Oxford etc, an… More
25 Sep 2014
"Excellent apartment, clean and very homely"
Myself and two colleagues stayed here for the duration of a conference in the city centre. It provided a very comfortable place to live, conveniently located for us. There was also plenty of room for … More
22 Sep 2014
"Nice, but Flawed"
The flat is the entire basement of a lovely Victorian house with a beautiful back garden in a quiet neighborhood of similar houses. Although below ground, there was no musty odor and large window wel… More
1 Aug 2014
un très beau logement, un accueil parfait dans une ville magnifique....C'était trop court !Logement nickel pour un couple avec 1 enfant.… More
Thank you for your comments, we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay in Oxford and your accommodation.
31 Jul 2014
"Great location to discover Oxford."
This flat was in a great location for Oxford. The bus was convenient and everything was easily walkable. The train station was about 25 minutes walking, but the S3 bus makes that easy if you arrive … More
1 Jul 2014
"A good place to stay in Oxford"
This basement flat had a big and well-equipped kitchen, with an eating area with table and four chairs. It also has two bedrooms (one single, one double) with good beds, built-in wardrobes and plenty … More
3 Jun 2014
"Nice quite, safe neighborhood away from the city center"
Richard was a great host, responding to all correspondence in a timely manner. The apartment was clean and comfortable and provided a great location for me, my wife and our adult son to recover from … More
20 Apr 2014
"Worked great for us"
Apartment was bright, clean, well stocked. Very nice kitchen. Lots of books, DVDs. Owners garden out back was gorgeous. Richard was an accommodating manager. I was a little concerned about one of… More
24 Mar 2014
"Excellent location,warm & comfortable,clean and tidy"
Met on arrival by a helpful informative owner. Flat was suitable for 4 adults- 1 double,1 twin. Warm and comfortable with a good shower and large well furnished kitchen/diner. Close to city centre wit… More
You're booking with
- 2 Years listed
85% Response rate
Calendar last updated:15 Dec 2014
Based in United Kingdom
Credit cards accepted
- 411 properties
- 256 properties
- 92 properties
- Bourton on the Water-old
- 89 properties
- Stow on the Wold-old
- 79 properties
- 59 properties
- Chipping Norton-old
- 58 properties
- 38 properties
- 31 properties
- 21 properties
- 18 properties
- 9 properties
- 9 properties
- 9 properties
- 8 properties
- 8 properties
- Long Compton-old
- 7 properties
- 7 properties
- Great Rissington-old
- 6 properties
- Lower Slaughter-old
- 6 properties