Archer on Thames
Apartment | 1 bedrooms | sleeps 2
• Archer on Thames is located on the Thames with the river path a direct walk past the spectacular Albert Bridge to the historic and leafy Battersea Park. Cross the Battersea or Albert Bridges by bus or on foot and you will soon be strolling and shopping along the famous Kings Road, Chelsea.
• Battersea Square has a number of good restaurants and there are numerous pubs in the area.
• Ideal for a couple with one large bedroom, king (Australian queen) sized bed (150cm x 200cm) and ample storage. Occasional guests or other family members could use the large sofa bed in the living room.
• The 170 bus passes outside the property with Victoria station (tube, bus and above ground train station) in one direction and Clapham Junction station (train) the other. Whatever your interest in London you will soon be able to navigate the many public transport options to get there.
|Size||Sleeps up to 2, 1 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest Amenities||800 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Heathrow 27 km, Nearest railway: Clapham Junction 1.7 km|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, Telephone, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||1 bedroom, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Double beds (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 4|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Further details indoors|
• Home away from home fully equipped with every anticipated requirement. Full instruction booklet makes settling in to the environment simple.
• Extensive maps and tourist information are provided. Two "pay as you go" Oyster cards are available for use on all public transport. You just need to top them up. There is a lot of helpful transport information at the flat and the website www.tfl.gov.uk will also help you to plan your day trips.
• The apartment is on the fourth floor with a lift to the third floor and a flight of stairs within the apartment. The fourth floor location provides a delightful view of the river and surrounding Battersea.
|Further details outdoors|
• Tranquil communal outdoor sitting area with tables and chairs.
• Designated car park within gated and locked area.
• Attractive historic building in trendy Battersea.
• Help is available if necessary from the on-site porter and retained maintenance contractor.
The South East England region
• London is a special place with attractions for every taste. A visit to London is an opportunity to soak up some culture whether it be historical or modern. You can experience museums, galleries, historic monuments, theatre, the pomp and ceremony of the monarchy, gardens, markets, shopping or just soak up the atmosphere. The list is endless.
• If sports is your interest then you can get tickets for a Premier League football game or visit Wimbledon.
• The evolving foodie culture provides many unique eating opportunities during your stay.
Central London/Zone 2
• Archer on Thames is an ideal base from which to explore London. There are some particular attractions that are very close.
• Battersea Park has a fascinating history, leading from a duel in the marshlands before the Park was built, through to the FunFair and Gardens of the Festival of Britain in the 1950s and is well worth a visit.
• The Chelsea Physic Garden has a fascinating history being originally supported by Sir Hans Sloane and is a short bus ride across the river and open from April to October.
• The Chelsea Flower Show provides an insight in to all things garden and happens each year at the end of May.
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
30 Jul 2014
"Lovely Sanctuary in great London Location"
This property is very well located. The 170 bus is right outside and takes you to Clapham Junction Station in one direction and Victoria Station in the other. Great local shops and amenities. Lovely to walk along the river - you can easily walk the whole way to the Kings Road. The rooms are lovely and large and everything is easy to use. The security is excellent.
12 May 2014
"Comfortable and nice stay"
Our stay for 1 week was really nice. The apartment is the same as it appears in pics, clean, and with everything you could need. Kitchen is really well equipped, with many utensils, oven, and even dishwasher.
The location is very convenient, with shops and restaurants very close and buses very well connected to go to main city points. Buses 170 and 44 stop in front of the building and let you in Victoria for example in 20 min. Barclays bicycles are also available just front the house but we finally didn´t use them. For your info, a Sainsbury´s is just 10min walk and italian restaurant Melanzana is very recommended.
Annabel was really kind and answer our doubts and questions very quickly. The booking with her was very fast and all was fine. Also her daughter explained us all we need at the apartment and she was very helpful by phone since we had some doubts about the shower (it was easier as we thought, but at teh beginning we didn´t understand it very well).
Sometimes the noises for the traffic can wake you up so if you are sensitive it´s better if you take earplugs just in case.
We enjoyed very much our stay at Archer on Thames and love to come back. We would recommend it to visit London for sure.
3 Apr 2014
"Comfortable London Flat"
Archer House was a great choice for our 6-day stay. We were in London as a couple, after visiting a couple of years ago with our kids. If you only have a few days to see the most popular sights, the… More
27 Dec 2013
Had the most amazing christmas break here.Annabel was an excellent host who was always replying to my e-mails.The apartment is spotless and had everything you could want. The views were amazingand th… More
12 Aug 2013
"Home, sweet home"
Archer House has been "our home" for two weeks, and we enjoyed our holidays a lot. Mrs. Burton's doughter kindly showed us the house. Everything was fine. On our arrival, neighbors welcomed us offering us a drink, it was a very hot day. The inner courtyard is a large common area, where you can rest quietly, and in the evening, in summer, you can dine outdoors, and have a chat with your neighbors. Our holiday began in the best possible way...
The detailed indications the owner left for her guests are very useful, and also one book about London walks: we particularly enjoied a walk from Sion House to Strawberry Hill, on a sunny windy day.
Perhaps the metro station is a bit far away, but the bus is efficient and after a while you get used to. In addition, the house is close to Clapham Junction.
We have been given a set of keys only, but we didn't think to ask for a second one, because we didn't need it.
We'll surely return to London, and it will be at Archer House.
5 Aug 2013
"Love to stay at Archer on Thames"
This was our second stay at Archer on Thames and we enjoyed the comfortable, spotless accommodation and the convenience to transport and facilities. The apartment is extremely private and quiet yet there is always something interesting happening with the fantastic view across the Thames. We enjoyed not only the well equipped apartment but the surroundings as well.
2 Aug 2013
"Perfect holiday overlooking the River Thames"
We spent two perfect weeks in this lovely apartment overlooking the River Thames.We felt like our home, the kitchen well equipped, books on London to plan their days, internet .....A house in which we… More
17 May 2013
The pictures do not do this apartment justice. The check-in was simple and Annabel has a binder with all pertinent information as to surroundings and critical information, like Dr's, grocery sto… More
6 Mar 2013
"superb flat and very home;y and comfortable"
The flat is very comfortable. The rooms are large and airy and there is a nice view of the river from the lounge. It is homely and does not feel like a holiday letting. It is very easy to access the West End either by bus to Victoria from right outside the flat or from Clapham Junction station with trains literally every couple of minutes. There is lots of information available for those who do not know London well. There are some interesting local food shops and places to eat out.
4 Nov 2012
My husband and I had a brilliant time staying at Archer. Apart from the flat having everything that you need , even condiments for meals (after all who wants to shop for the mundane things while on holiday) it was so close to everything. Lovely walks through Battersea Park and a hop over the bridge to Pimlico and Chelsea .Great pub called the Orange in Pimlico, seriously good food. We will certainly be staying there again on our return to England in the Spring.
You need to pay through the Holiday Lettings website to ensure your payment is protected. We can’t protect your payment if you don’t pay through us.Learn more
You're booking with
- 2 Years listed
95% Response rate
Calendar last updated:15 Sep 2014
Based in Australia
Credit cards accepted
- Central London/Zone 1
- 2227 properties
- Central London/Zone 2
- 1117 properties
- South West London
- 174 properties
- East London, England
- 161 properties
- West London
- 109 properties
- North West London
- 104 properties
- South East London
- 100 properties
- North London
- 74 properties
- 48 properties
- Tunbridge Wells
- 29 properties
- 20 properties
- 19 properties
- 17 properties
- Abbey Wood
- 15 properties
- 11 properties
- East Grinstead
- 9 properties
- Hemel Hempstead
- 8 properties
- 7 properties
- 6 properties
- 6 properties