Archer on Thames
from £110 /night help Price for guests, Nights approx:
from £110 /night help Price for guests, Nights approx:
Estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay. Excludes fees (if applicable). Enter your dates to see the total cost.
Apartment / 1 bedrooms / sleeps 2
Availability Your dates are available
Apartment / 1 bedrooms / sleeps 2
• Archer on Thames is located on the Thames with the river path a direct walk past the spectacular Albert Bridge to the historic and leafy Battersea Park. Cross the Battersea or Albert Bridges by bus or on foot and you will soon be strolling and shopping along the famous Kings Road, Chelsea.
• Battersea Square has a number of good restaurants including the new Gordon Ramsey restaurant, London House, and there are numerous pubs in the area.
• Ideal for a couple with one large bedroom, king (Australian queen) sized bed (150cm x 200cm) and ample storage. Occasional guests or other family members could use the large sofa bed in the living room.
• The 170 bus passes outside the property with Victoria station (tube, bus and above ground train station) in one direction and Clapham Junction station (train) the other. Whatever your interest in London you will soon be able to navigate the many public transport options to get there.
|Size||Sleeps up to 2, 1 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest Amenities||800 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Heathrow 27 km, Nearest railway: Clapham Junction 1.7 km|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, Telephone, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||1 bedroom, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Double beds (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 4|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Access||Secure parking, Not suitable for wheelchair users|
|Further details indoors|
• Home away from home fully equipped with every anticipated requirement. Full instruction booklet makes settling in to the environment simple.
• Extensive maps and tourist information are provided. Two "pay as you go" Oyster cards are available for use on all public transport. You just need to top them up. There is a lot of helpful transport information at the flat and the website www.tfl.gov.uk will also help you to plan your day trips.
• The apartment is on the fourth floor with a lift to the third floor and a flight of stairs within the apartment. The fourth floor location provides a delightful view of the river and surrounding Battersea.
|Further details outdoors|
• Tranquil communal outdoor sitting area with tables and chairs.
• Designated car park within gated and locked area.
• Attractive historic building in trendy Battersea.
• Help is available if necessary from the on-site porter and retained maintenance contractor.
The London region
• London is a special place with attractions for every taste. A visit to London is an opportunity to soak up some culture whether it be historical or modern. You can experience museums, galleries, historic monuments, theatre, the pomp and ceremony of the monarchy, gardens, markets, shopping or just soak up the atmosphere. The list is endless.
• If sports is your interest then you can get tickets for a Premier League football game or visit Wimbledon.
• The evolving foodie culture provides many unique eating opportunities during your stay.
Central London/Zone 2
• Archer on Thames is an ideal base from which to explore London. There are some particular attractions that are very close.
• Battersea Park has a fascinating history, leading from a duel in the marshlands before the Park was built, through to the FunFair and Gardens of the Festival of Britain in the 1950s and is well worth a visit.
• The Chelsea Physic Garden has a fascinating history being originally supported by Sir Hans Sloane and is a short bus ride across the river and open from April to October.
• The Chelsea Flower Show provides an insight in to all things garden and happens each year at the end of May.
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
18 Feb 2015
"Love this appartment, perfect for a couple, close to the river and central London."
What impressed us about Archer on Thames was the reality far exceeded our expectations. The owner's description and photographs given on the Trip Advisor site were very accurate but the reality was exceptional. Directions from the owner meant we easily found our way to Victoria Station and the 170 bus took us almost to the building entrance where we easily navigated the security gate with the key provided and took the lift to the third floor. The apartment has a great view over the Thames towards Chelsea Harbour at the front, and over the attractive building courtyard from the kitchen at the back. This gave the rooms a very pleasant, open feel which I didn't fully appreciate from the photos. The furnishings and decor were attractive and well co-ordinated, the lounge very comfortable as was the bedroom. Extra bedding was provided although this was not needed during our stay in December as the central heating worked very well. The power shower in the bathroom was terrific and the towels large and luxuriant. The kitchen was a great place to cook with all the necessary saucepans and utensils readily at hand. There was plenty of washing up detergent, garbage bags, tea bags, coffee, some food and drink left for our use by the owner. What really impressed us was the thought the owner had given to these and lots of other little details which made us feel like we were staying at a friend's place rather than in a flat set up for rental purposes. We couldn't fault this beautiful apartment, close to central London with easy access to the river walkways and overall a very pleasant area to stay. We will certainly be staying again on our next trip to London.
10 Dec 2014
"Can't wait to return"
Just returned home after spending 5 nights in Annabel’s lovely apartment. Having read the other reviews we had high expectations... and we have to say it didn't disappoint. We travelled by car from the West and the apartment was very easy to find, not far from the end of the M4. The allocated car parking space, which was gated, was perfect, as we were able to park the car and leave it for the duration of our stay without worry. Another bonus for us was that the apartment was on the top floor so we didn't have to concern ourselves about possible noisy tenants above. The apartment feels more spacious than it looks in the photos and it was lovely to be able to look out of the window and see the Thames. The rooms are of a good size, with lots of natural light and the apartment is well equipped and very clean. The bed was comfortable with nice pillows and linen so we slept well. We did walk across the bridge and up to Hyde Park and back on our first day (about 3 hours), but after that we used the 170 bus which stopped outside the apartment and took us to Victoria. From there, you can very easily get other buses. We really enjoyed sitting on the top of the bus looking at all of the sights….great for seeing the Christmas lights. WiFi was excellent and there was a good choice of TV channels and catch up TV if you want it and Annabel provides lots of helpful information. Communication with Annabel was good as was the welcome on arrival from her friends. It was lovely to return to this home from home at the end of a busy day of sightseeing and we hope to return here again in the future. Thank you Annabel.
29 Oct 2014
"Brilliant start to our UK holiday."
Archer on Thames was the first holiday rental on our first UK holiday. Soon after booking Annabel had contacted us to provide all the information we nervous newbies would need to comfortably travel from the airport to the appartment and to access all the local faclities such as shops, pubs and public transport. The appartment itself was more than we could have hoped for with a fully equipped kitchen, washing machine, large comfortable bedroom, lounge room with large TV, wi fi, books and games and a very efficient, if somewhat quaint, shower and bathroom. It was clear that every effort had been made to ensure that guests would feel they were in a home away from home. The location was also excellent with the number 170 bus stop adjacent to the front gate and Clapham Junction train station a 15 minute walk or a few stops on the 170. Local supermarkets, pubs and restaurants were only a short walk away and the walk along the Thames south embankment was across the road. Considering the great location and facilities we considered Archer on Thames to be excellent value for money and have had no hesitation in recommending this rental to our friends.
11 Oct 2014
"Home away from Home"
This is our third stay at Archer House and it is looking very smart with new carpets and blinds, such a comfortable place to be after the hustle and bustle of days out . We are now very switched on with the buses which we like to travel around on as you get a much better idea of where everything is and see so much more, lovely to be able to cook an easy meal after a long day out , the 170 will take you down to Clapham Junction where there is a very good Waitrose for all your shopping needs. Defiantly our Home away from Home.
1 Oct 2014
"Relaxed and well thought out apartment"
We stayed in this charming apartment for over a month, and could not have found a more relaxing and well designed "home away from home". The area has many restaurants and walks in close proximity, with buses going to Victoria or Clapham Junction every few minutes - more or less from right outside the front door. The interior is scrupulously clean, airy and provides all that one could want in terms of a well stocked kitchen, attractive linen, crockery and furniture. There is more than enough wardrobe space, with hangers and baskets to keep luggage organised. All the rooms are spacious. One of the outstanding features for us was the sense of safety and order. The block is extremely well maintained, providing a pretty central area which can be used by the tenants on balmy evenings to enjoy a BBQ outside, or just sit in the tranquil garden. There is a pronounced sense of community, which means that people greet each other in the lift and in the garden, which makes a pleasant change in London. We will definitely stay there again, and want to thank the owners for providing such a well thought out and generous apartment.
30 Jul 2014
"Lovely Sanctuary in great London Location"
This property is very well located. The 170 bus is right outside and takes you to Clapham Junction Station in one direction and Victoria Station in the other. Great local shops and amenities. Lovely to walk along the river - you can easily walk the whole way to the Kings Road. The rooms are lovely and large and everything is easy to use. The security is excellent.
12 May 2014
"Comfortable and nice stay"
Our stay for 1 week was really nice. The apartment is the same as it appears in pics, clean, and with everything you could need. Kitchen is really well equipped, with many utensils, oven, and even dishwasher. The location is very convenient, with shops and restaurants very close and buses very well connected to go to main city points. Buses 170 and 44 stop in front of the building and let you in Victoria for example in 20 min. Barclays bicycles are also available just front the house but we finally didn´t use them. For your info, a Sainsbury´s is just 10min walk and italian restaurant Melanzana is very recommended. Annabel was really kind and answer our doubts and questions very quickly. The booking with her was very fast and all was fine. Also her daughter explained us all we need at the apartment and she was very helpful by phone since we had some doubts about the shower (it was easier as we thought, but at teh beginning we didn´t understand it very well). Sometimes the noises for the traffic can wake you up so if you are sensitive it´s better if you take earplugs just in case. We enjoyed very much our stay at Archer on Thames and love to come back. We would recommend it to visit London for sure.
12 Aug 2013
"Home, sweet home"
Archer House has been "our home" for two weeks, and we enjoyed our holidays a lot. Mrs. Burton's doughter kindly showed us the house. Everything was fine. On our arrival, neighbors welcomed us offering us a drink, it was a very hot day. The inner courtyard is a large common area, where you can rest quietly, and in the evening, in summer, you can dine outdoors, and have a chat with your neighbors. Our holiday began in the best possible way... The detailed indications the owner left for her guests are very useful, and also one book about London walks: we particularly enjoied a walk from Sion House to Strawberry Hill, on a sunny windy day. Perhaps the metro station is a bit far away, but the bus is efficient and after a while you get used to. In addition, the house is close to Clapham Junction. We have been given a set of keys only, but we didn't think to ask for a second one, because we didn't need it. We'll surely return to London, and it will be at Archer House.
5 Aug 2013
"Love to stay at Archer on Thames"
This was our second stay at Archer on Thames and we enjoyed the comfortable, spotless accommodation and the convenience to transport and facilities. The apartment is extremely private and quiet yet there is always something interesting happening with the fantastic view across the Thames. We enjoyed not only the well equipped apartment but the surroundings as well.
6 Mar 2013
"superb flat and very home;y and comfortable"
The flat is very comfortable. The rooms are large and airy and there is a nice view of the river from the lounge. It is homely and does not feel like a holiday letting. It is very easy to access the West End either by bus to Victoria from right outside the flat or from Clapham Junction station with trains literally every couple of minutes. There is lots of information available for those who do not know London well. There are some interesting local food shops and places to eat out.
You're booking with
- 3 Years listed
100% Response rate
Calendar last updated:28 Jul 2015
Based in Australia
Credit cards accepted
- +61 (0) 408 060510