Old School, Loft Apartment
About the home
Beautiful, modern, contemporary loft style apartment.
• In the heart of Whitechapel and conveniently located for Zone 1 Whitechapel Tube (two stops to Liverpool Street Station or a few stops to heart of London and the West End).
• Set in a peaceful, secure, gated development with 24 hour security and concierge. The apartment looks on to the courtyard with mature trees and fairy lights giving a peaceful atmosphere. There is no traffic or street noise.
• The apartment building was once a school from the Victorian times and has now been stylishly converted in to luxury contemporary apartments elegantly mixing old with new.
• There is a large Sainsbury's Supermarket 5 minutes walk, as well as hundreds of cafes, shops, pubs, bars and clubs on the High Street, Brick Lane, Spitalfields and beyond in Shoreditch (all walking distance).
FOR UP TO DATE AVAILABILITY OF ALL OF MY PROPERTIES - PLEASE CHECK MY OWN WEBSITE BY CLICKING ON 'VISIT THE ADVERTISER'S WEBSITE' IN MY CONTACT DETAILS BELOW..
|Size:||Sleeps up to 6, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach:||Brighton, 50km|
|Will consider:||Corporate lets|
Hen and stag parties
|Access:||Car not necessary|
Nearest amenities: 10m
|Family friendly?||Suitable for children of all ages|
Suitable for people with restricted mobility
|Notes:||May take pets - please enquire|
No smoking at this property
|Luxuries:||Internet access, DVD player|
|General:||Central heating, TV, CD player, Telephone, Wi-fi available|
|Standard:||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities:||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms:||2 Bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 family bathroom and 1 en suite|
|Furniture:||Single beds (2), Double beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seating for 6, Lounge seating for 6|
|Other:||Linen and towels provided|
|Access:||Wheelchair friendly, Parking space|
Further details indoors:
Inside the loft apartment.
• Beautiful fitted contemporary kitchen (dishwasher, washer/dryer, microwave, fridge/freezer, oven/hob/extractor) in an open plan living area, furnished with stone worktops and task lighting. Both bathrooms have wall hung toilets, designer sinks and mosaic tiling.
• Venetian blinds on the west elevation are electronically operated with remote control allowing for just the right amount of light to flood the apartment from the west facing aspect.
• UPSTAIRS BEDROOM AREA. The upper floor dramatically overlooks the living space below. It’s divided in two with a shoulder high partition - an area for the master bed (a super king sized solid maple bed) and a separate study or guest bedroom area (with additional two single beds). There is a walk in wardrobe with plenty of storage space and an en suite bathroom off this area with shower/hot tub.
• DOWNSTAIRS BEDROOM. There is a separate double bedroom with lots of storage. The hall leads to an additional bathroom with shower enclosure.
• Design features such as enamelled pendant light fittings in the double-height apartment dramatise the space, whilst handmade English ironmongery reflects the building’s heritage. The apartment has exposed brickwork and steel beams together with original sash windows. All retain their original architectural detailing.
• Large powerful modern wall heaters with a central heating control panel heat the apartment quickly.
Further details outdoors:
• The arrangement of spaces together with intelligent detailing seamlessly merges old with new, breathing life into this grand old building with it's Dutch gable ends and high Palladian style windows.
• All entry points are operated with electronic key fob. The main entrance has a helpful 24 hour concierge/security guard. There is CCTV all over the development for additional safety and security.
• The apartment comes with allocated parking (at additional cost).
• PLEASE NOTE, I HAVE ANOTHER PROPERTY WHICH YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE (15 MINUTES WALK AWAY) SEE DETAILS AT MY WEBSITE, OR CLICK ON PROPERTY REF 78863
• Optional extras can include broadband/wifi, travel cot, secure onsite parking and high chair.
• Remote key collection with security desk makes checking in flexible and straight forward.
• You can see both my London properties at my website (or scrolling down to the bottom of this property profile and you should see 'other properties').
• Check in from 4pm - check out by 11am
• Strictly no smoking apartment
• 25% deposit required to secure all reservations. Balance due 45 days before arrival. You can book securely through my website (shown below) using all credit and debit cards.
• We ask our guests for a security deposit, pre-authorised against your credit card (GBP 300 for this property). This is in case there is any damage to the property during your stay. The money is simply reserved and then released afterwards if there is no damage. We will contact you nearer the time of your arrival to arrange this.
The South East England / London region
• Whether it is ideas for a family holiday, a romantic break for two or simply information on days out, city breaks, shopping trips, spa days, history and heritage or outdoor activities, you will find it here in South East England.
• London is the capital of Britain, and has something to offer everyone - majestic stately houses, tranquil green parks and a zoo, engrossing museums and art galleries and bustling shopping centres with all the major stores, specialist shops and markets.
The Central London/Zone 1 / Tower Bridge area
All minutes from the apartment..
• Famous Brick Lane. Famous for its great curry houses. Apart from the array of cultures and eateries found in the area, Brick Lane is also well known as a theatrical centre, with plenty of up and coming talent regularly playing in its theatres.
• More recently, Brick Lane has become famous for having some of the most popular and well-known night clubs including The Vibe Bar and 93 Feet East. Brick Lane also has the largest showcase for young and new designers, which attracts worldwide attention.
• Whitechapel Art Gallery was founded in 1901 to bring great art to the people of East London. The Gallery is internationally acclaimed for its exhibitions of modern and contemporary art and its pioneering education and public events programmes. ‘The Whitechapel taught Britain to love Modern Art.’ The Guardian.
• Columbia Road is the East End's famous plants and flower market. On Sundays - from 7am to 2pm - this tiny street is transformed into a blaze of colour when plants and flowers fill the area.
• Old Spitalfields Market, or simply 'Spitalfields' as it is fondly known, is the world-famous East London destination. Home to a flourishing creative community, Spitalfields has over the last 14 years secured a place at the forefront of interiors, fashion, the arts and food.
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
• 5 minutes walk from Whitechapel Tube Station (East London, Hammersmith and City and District Line) or 10 minutes walk to Shadwell Docklands Light Rail Station (perfect for Canary Wharf).
• 2 stops from Liverpool Street mainline railway station and the City of London
Activities near Central London/Zone 1
24 Feb 2013
I have stayed here for a week with my teenageers, and the apartment was perfect for us. Easy to reach city centre by the tube. The apartment it self is very nice, just like the pictures, and it was... more
21 Oct 2012
This is very good holiday rental place. It is as the ad says it is. There were no surprises, really. It seems to be well managed, and there is a number to call in case of need. It suited us very well, because the configuration allowed the children to sleep a half-wall away from their parents. The older person had aground floor bedroom away from the young family.
For people unable to climb stairs: there is a small W/C with a shower and a very narrow sink on the ground floor, but I rather doubt if it is truly wheelchair accessible. In any case one can get into the place without even one step up into the building.
02 Oct 2012
The apartment was spacious and very comfortable for the 6 of us. We had couldn't be happier staying in the apartment as it is very functional, with essential yet modern facilities and safe. The... more
|Rental prices originally quoted in: British £||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 6|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|SPRING SEASON 2013||6 May 13||1 Jun 13||£ 950||£ 190||£ 315||3 Nights|
|SUMMER SEASON 2013||1 Jun 13||1 Sep 13||£ 1200||£ 240||£ 400||5 Nights|
|AUTUMN SEASON 2013||1 Sep 13||21 Dec 13||£ 950||£ 190||£ 315||3 Nights|
|CHRISTMAS & NEW YEAR 2013||21 Dec 13||3 Jan 14||£ 1200||-||-||1 Week|
|SPRING SEASON 2014||3 Jan 14||1 Jun 14||£ 950||£ 190||£ 315||3 Nights|
|SUMMER SEASON 2014||1 Jun 14||1 Sep 14||£ 1200||£ 240||£ 400||5 Nights|
|AUTUMN SEASON 2014||1 Sep 14||20 Dec 14||£ 950||£ 190||£ 315||3 Nights|
|CHRISTMAS & NEW YEAR 2014||22 Dec 14||3 Jan 15||£ 1200||-||-||1 Week|
The property's weekend rates apply to: Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
• Weekly prices above include all booking fees, credit or debit card fees - there are NO other booking costs.
• On street allocated parking for one vehicle is GBP 30
• Wifi/internet access is minimum charge GBP 10 or GBP 10 per week
• Check in from 4pm and check out by 11am
• We ask our guests for a security deposit, pre-authorised against your credit card. This is in case there is any damage to the property during your stay. The money is simply reserved and then released afterwards if there is no damage. We will contact you nearer the time of your arrival to arrange this.Enquire now
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
IF THE DATES YOU WANT ARE BOOKED HERE PLEASE TRY ONE OF MY OTHER PROPERTIES BY GOING TO MY WEBSITE (CLICK ON 'VISIT THE ADVERTISER'S WEBSITE' IN MY CONTACT DETAILS BELOW..).
Contact the owner
* Required fields
Please check the following errors:
5 years listed
You are contacting
The owner is based in the United Kingdom and has advertised with Holiday Lettings since 2007. This apartment has received 5 reviews from previous guests.
Verified property owner
This owner has been verified by our team
Book direct or online
Payments for this home can be made online on Holiday Lettings or directly to the owner.
Selected other homes from this advertiser
City Apartment - with parking in Brighton and Hove, England
Landseer House, Regency Square in Brighton and Hove, England
Mews House, Regency Square in Brighton and Hove, England
Holiday homes in England (21,205)