ALFRED HOUSE 2 - OFF OXFORD STREET
from £129 /night help Price for guests, Nights
from £129 /night help Price for guests, Nights
Estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay. Excludes fees (if applicable). Enter your dates to see the total cost.
Apartment / 1 bedrooms / sleeps 4
Availability Your dates are available
Apartment / 1 bedrooms / sleeps 4
Para preguntas en Español preguntar por Lina - ella te ayudará en todo lo que necesites.
Alfred Place is sublimely and quietly situated twenty paces off Tottenham Court Road, allowing you to stroll to the explosion of restaurants and bars in the renowned Charlotte Street. If it's culture you are after, turn around and walk to the British Museum and discover beautiful Bloomsbury, an area rich in character & charm. If business is your requirement, the One Alfred Place exclusive business centre is right on your doorstep.
We have many apartments in this top quality period development, making it one of our highest reviewed properties.
The apartment comes equipped with a good size plasma screen and broadband.
It is located on the first floor and there is a lift in the building. The apartment is wheelchair accessible.
A bright, modern well positioned one bedroom apartment, situated on the first floor (with lift access) of this attractive building in the heart of Bloomsbury. Very close to the West End with excellent travel links.
This apartment is located in an area that has been transformed into a truly delightful street with cafes, galleries and boutique shops.
So close to Tottenham Court Road with "no issue" transport connections in a newly developed Victorian building (with lift)
Closest tube station is Goodge Street (2 min walk)
Alfred Place offers a fantastic location - 5 minutes from Oxford Street and a 10 minute walk to Covent Garden you will be able to explore central London's attractions with ease.
You have a supermarket located 10 seconds away with the fashionable shopping districts of Oxford Street and Regents Street a short way away.
British Museum is seconds away from the apartment.
The nearest stations to Alfred Place are Goodge Street Tube Station which is about 2 minutes walk to the West and Tottenham Court Road Tube Station which is about 5 minutes walk to the South.
Collingwood House NCP 6 minutes walk
Russell Court NCP 7 minutes walk
THE BEST THEATRES AND MUSEUMS:
Dominion Theatre - 268 Tottenham Court Road, Bloomsbury, London W1T | 5 minutes from Alfred Place
Bloomsbury Theatre - 15 Gordon Street, Bloomsbury, London WC1H | 7 minutes from Alfred Place
THE BEST ENTERTAINMENT:
The Wheatsheaf (Comedy Club) - 25 Rathbone Place, Fitzrovia, London W1T | 3 minutes from Alfred Place
THE BEST SIGHTS & ATTRACTIONS:
The Building Centre (Art Gallery) - 26 Store Street, Bloomsbury, London WC1E | 1 minute from Alfred Place
New London Architecture (Art Gallery) - 26 Store Street, WC1E | 1 minute from Alfred Place
Pollock's Toy Museum (Attraction for Kids) - 1 Scala Street, Fitzrovia, London W1T | 2 minutes from Alfred Place
THE BEST SHOPPING:
Heal's (House & Garden) - 196 Tottenham Court Road, Bloomsbury, London W1T | 2 minutes from Alfred Place
Almost Famous (Ladies Fashion) - 5 Percy Street, Fitzrovia, London W1T | 3 minutes from Alfred Place
Ask (Electronics) - 248 Tottenham Court Road, Bloomsbury, London W1T | 3 minutes from Alfred Place
THE BEST RESTAURANTS:
Busaba Eathai (Thai Restaurant) - 22 Store Street, Bloomsbury, London WC1E | On Alfred Place
Le Pain Quotidien (Café & Deli) - 64 Tottenham Court Road, W1T | 1 minute from Alfred Place
Spaghetti House (Italian Restaurant) - 15 Goodge Street, Marylebone, , Fitzrovia, London W1T | 1 minute from Alfred Place
THE BEST EDUCATION:
School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS) (Universities & Colleges) - Thornhaugh Street, Russell Square, Bloomsbury, London WC1H | 4 minutes from Alfred Place
Slade School of Fine Art (Universities & Colleges) - UCL University, Gower Street, Bloomsbury, London WC1E | 6 minutes from Alfred Place
English [Out There!] (English Language Courses) - 10 Coptic Street, Bloomsbury, London WC1A | 7 minutes from Alfred Place
THE BEST LEISURE:
Dolphin Swimming Club (Activities) - U of L Pool, Malet Street, Bloomsbury, London WC1E | 4 minutes from Alfred Place
Agua at Sanderson (Health & Beauty) - The Sanderson, 50 Berners Street, Fitzrovia, London W1T | 5 minutes from Alfred Place
Fitzroy Square Garden (Parks & Gardens) - Fitzroy Square, Fitzrovia, London W1T | 6 minutes from Alfred Place
THE BEST PUBS:
The Adam and Eve (Gastropub) - 77a Wells Street, W1T | 6 minutes from Alfred Place
King & Queen - 1 Foley Street, Fitzrovia, London W1W | 6 minutes from Alfred Place
THE BEST NIGHTLIFE:
Drakes Tabanco (Bar) - 3 Windmill Street, W1T | 2 minutes from Alfred Place
Shochu Lounge (Bar) - 37 Charlotte Street, Fitzrovia, London W1T | 3 minutes from Alfred Place
Bourne & Hollingsworth (Bar) - 28 Rathbone Place, Fitzrovia, London W1T | 3 minutes from Alfred Place
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
1. What is the check-in and check-out time?
– The check-in time is any time after 2pm. The check-out time is 12pm. Please note that we can provide early check-in or late check-out if there is availability.
2. Are there any other additional fees/charges?
– There is an additional statutory charge of £70 for end of tenancy cleaning and administration, which is added to your total holiday stay. Other additional charges may apply if you require an out of work hour's check-in (£60), a check in before our stated check-in time at 2pm (£30), a baby chair (£30), a baby cot (£30), and a single folding bed (£30).
3. Is there air-conditioning?
– No, there is no air-conditioning. We provide the apartment with a fan (when requested), at no additional charge.
4. What is the currency of the prices?
– All our prices are in Great British Pounds.
5. Do you provide an airport pick up service?
– We do not provide airport pick up service. You can use the listed websites to find more information depending on which airport you are arriving. You can find some more information on the internet about the express trains that connect all airports to the main stations in Central London.
6. How do we get the key for the apartment?
– Once the booking is confirmed there will be additional arrangements for getting access to the apartment. We usually will meet you at the address of the apartment to give you the keys (Please refer to question 2).
7. What are the ways to make my payment?
– You pay directly to Holiday Lettings website.
8. After the check out at 12pm is there a storage facility that we can use to store our luggage until our departure?
– No we do not have storage facilities.
9. Our arrival is very late in the evening / early in the morning / during the night – is this a problem?
– No we will make sure there will be someone to meet you at the property when you arrive. Please note that for out of work hour's check-ins, when our office is closed, there is a charge of £60.
10. What if my arrival time has been delayed / changed?
– If your arrival time has been changed please make sure you inform us via phone or email so we can make arrangement.
11. Do you provide bed linen and towels?
– Yes, we provide bed linen, towels.
12. Can I cook in the kitchen? Is it fully equipped?
– Yes, the kitchen is fully equipped, you can cook in the flat and eat in. There is a full set of cutlery, plates, glasses, cooking pans ets.
13. Is there a washing machine in the apartment?
– Yes, there is a washing machine in the apartment.
14. Is there parking space that comes with the apartment?
– No, the apartment doesn't come with a parking space.
15. What if there is an emergency during our stay?
– We are going to provide you with a phone number that you can call 24/7 in case of an emergency.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 1 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest railway: Goodge Street Underground Station 100 m|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|General||Central heating, TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Utilities||Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer|
|Rooms||1 bedroom, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seats for 4, Lounge seats for 4|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Access||Lift access, Suitable for people with restricted mobility, Wheelchair users|
The London region
Vibrant and truly multicultural, London is one of the largest cities in Western Europe and the European Union. Situated on the River Thames in South-East England, Greater London has an official population of nearly 8 million people — although the figure of over 14 million for the city's total metropolitan area more accurately reflects London's size and importance. London is one of the great "world cities," and remains a global capital of culture, fashion, finance, politics and trade.
Central London/Zone 1
Located in Central London, Bloomsbury is recognised mainly as a residential area, although there are plenty of academic buildings that attract visitors namely the University of London headquarters and the British Museum including what used to be the British Library.
Bloomsbury is absolutely central and is, therefore, a popular base for both visitors and residents who require easy access to London's sights.
Bordered by Euston Road in the north, Gray's Inn Road in the east, Bloomsbury Way and Theobalds Road in the south and Gower Street in the west
Bloomsbury is one of London's best areas for green space, most of which have beautiful statues and gardens. When the temperature rises, head for Russell Square, Bloomsbury Square, Gordon Square or Tavistock Square.
There are plenty of restaurants, pubs, bars and hotels in the area with exceptional travel links in and around London. The apartment is a 5 minute walk to Oxford Street, Tottenham Court Road with a supermarket located 10 seconds away.
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Very Good 4/5
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
18 Mar 2015
"Clean and tidy, comfy bed, very central."
I enjoyed my stay at Alfred House, everything was in working order and it was very convenient to have cooking and laundry facilities in the unit. The location is excellent, being close to Tottencourt Road and Googe Station. The apartment was generally quiet, a little road noise but not extreme. The Wi-fi worked well.
18 Feb 2015
"Comfortable apartment in a convenient location"
We found this to be a reasonably comfortable apartment in a convenient location. The management was very responsive to any concerns we had or problems we encountered. The location is extremely convenient from a transportation perspective, the neighborhood is quite safe, and the area offers a broad variety of quality restaurants and shopping. The only major drawback is that the apartment is on the second floor above a small grocery store and their early morning deliveries were occasionally noisy. But, if you're an early riser, that won't be a problem at all.
You're booking with
WEST END SPECIALIST - The Best Properties in Central London (Property Manager West End Agency)
- 4 Years listed
50% Response rate
Calendar last updated:28 Jun 2015
Based in United Kingdom
Credit cards accepted