Center Sablon Great quiet 1BR
from £54 /night help Price for guests, Nights
from £54 /night help Price for guests, Nights
Estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay. Excludes fees (if applicable). Enter your dates to see the total cost.
Apartment / 1 bedrooms / sleeps 2
Availability Your dates are available
Apartment / 1 bedrooms / sleeps 2
Please read the very important FAQ and NOTES at the end of this description BEFORE you book.
This charming unique apartment was once the home of the famous Belgium writer Madeleine Bourdouxhe. The apartment was used for the filming of her autobiography. Located in a 19th century renovated townhouse above an art gallery in the heart of Brussels art and chocolate district 'The Grand Sablon'. The apartment has a living room with an open kitchen, a spacious bathroom and a bedroom with matrimonial bed. It is located on the third floor on the backside of the building, which makes it very private and quiet. The apartment has been decorated by art dealers and is a perfect jumping board for those who like to travel in an easy simple comfortable style.
Breakfast and dining
In your apartment you'll find free coffee and tea but we do not serve breakfast. There are several bakeries and stores nearby, so you can prepare your own breakfast in the apartment if you like, but the Sablon area is known for good eating and here are several places in the neighborhood where you can discover more exciting choices than coffee and bread. There is the famous bakery the Pain Quotidien which is on the Grand Sablon and is great for farm style home made rolls and breads, though pricy. There is Snack Aimé which is one of our favorites and it is just around the corner at the end of Rollebeek street (one of Brussels oldest street dating back to 1564 ) which is a pedestrian street and there you'll find delicious homemade fruit tarts and wonderful hero sandwiches, soups and salads all very reasonable priced. Of course you should try the croissants and pastries at Wittamer, delicious and very pricy. If you like sampling some of Belgium's goodies, then the Grand Sablon have some of the best gourmet shops in the world - like chocolatiers Pierre Marcolini, Whittamer, Neuhaus and Godiva. Not to mention some of the best dining in Europe - Les Brigitinnes, Au Vieux Saint Martin, Lola, Comme Chez Soi are nearby. Try the 'Cap Sablon' for lunch at 11,90 euro (starter and main course) and try the delicous paella at the new spanish 'Sol' restaurant,
The Sablon is in the center of town in the old city. You're a five minute walk from the Grand'Place. The weekend antique market is outside your front door. A few minutes walk away is the daily flea market (marché aux puces) or the exuberant Sunday South Market (food and clothes) at the South (Midi/Zuid) Station,
For those who like museums : the Fine Art museum, the Erotic Museum, the Magritte Museum, the Music Instrument museum, the Comic Strip museum and the Horta house are all around the corner in walking distance.
As for shopping, you're close to over 100 art and antique galleries, Avenue Louise, and Rue Dansaert, Brussels' fashion street. There is a supermarket on the Grand Sablon, so food shopping is easy.
Parking and public transport
Apart from parking in the street (pay meters) there is the Albertine parking only 50 meters away. (This apartment is located so central you won't really need your car). Central station and the metro is a five minute walk. Basically every attraction is in walking distant.
Ideal for those who like a romantic weekend in the luxury of a 19th century Hotel de Maitre. Only few steps away from the gay neighborhood.
The apartment is approx 7 minutes walking from Central Station. There is the Airport Express Train every 20 minutes from the airport to Central Station. (fair 7,60 euro single)
Important notes and FAQ :
1. You will be asked to pay in CASH for the cleaning fee, sheets and bath towels UPON ARRIVAL. Please make sure you have the exact amount with you. NO KEYS will be handed over if this isn't paid. NO Credit cards.
2. On you arrival day Ludmilla will meet you directly at the apartment to hand over the keys. Please inform her your approximate arrival time as soon as possible by email or text message. Check-in is from 12:00 pm to 18:00 pm. Check-in can be arranged as early as 10:00 am if there is no departure on the same day. Check-out can be arranged later if there are no arrivals the same day. Please arrange with our housekeeper Ludmilla by phone, sms or email.
3. Please do not throw anything in the toilet. We have a septic tank and any objects causing obstruction will block the flow and cause severe damage to the system.
5. It is advisable to send Ludmilla an sms or to call her the day before you leave to set up an appointment for the key exchange.
6. If you need extra sets of sheets or bath towels please send us a sms or call us and we will arrange for it at the price of 20 euro per set.
8. When leaving the apartment we expect you to leave it in a properly state. Any damage or extra cleaning will be deducted from your guarantee.
9. You have the apartment to yourselves, but there are other apartments in the same building, so please do not use this apartment to party all night long and respect the night rest of the other people. This is NOT a party apartment!
10. If you find any interesting places in the neighborhood that might be good to add to this list, please send us an email with the details. We will be happy to add it for the next guests.
11. We would appreciate it if you write a positive comment on tripadvisor. If you have a negative experience, please contact us ASAP, so we can try to solve it and make your stay as wonderful as possible.
12. This is a NON smoking apartment
13. NO pets allowed.
14. When using the dryer it is necessary to empty the flat water container located at the left hand bottom (under the large filter) of the machine before and after each use as well as to clean the TWO filters. Otherwise it can overflow and cause water damage.
15. The apartment is for a maximum of 2 persons
16. Our apartments are not a hotel. Breakfast and daily maid service are never included. Cleaning during your stay can be arranged with our housekeeper Ludmilla and is charged separately. However cleaning equipment as well as a washing machine and dryer are at your disposal for free
17. We use eco-friendly products for cleaning and washing
18. Check also our other apartments ("MY OTHER LISTINGS" on the right) - welcome to book whichever you like most!
19. The apartment is on the third floor and there is no elevator in the building.
20. There is no air-conditioning in the apartment.
21. There is a washer and dryer in the building for all the tenants, which you can use free of charge.
22. The apartment is in the back of the building, so is very quiet.
23. The apartment is named after a famous Belgian sculptor : Jef LAMBEAUX.. Please mention this name in any communication.
24. I have written an extensive GUIDEBOOK with reviews of all our favorite shops, museums, bars, restaurants, groceries, taxi stops, etc. I will send it to you via email and there will be a printed version in your apartment.
25. Also available for long term rentals, ask for special rates and conditions.
27. We prefer to communicate in English or Dutch, but if you like you can write to us in Flemish, Dutch, English, Italian, French and German
28. thanks for reading till the end!
29.Enjoy your stay!
Cleaning fee Lambeaux = 50 euro
Set of sheets + towels = 20 euro
To be paid in CASH UPON ARRIVAL (no payment = no keys)
|Size||Sleeps up to 2, 1 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|General||Central heating, Wi-Fi available|
|Rooms||1 bedroom, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||Double beds (1), Dining seats for 2, Lounge seats for 2|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Access||Parking, Not suitable for wheelchair users|
The Brussels region
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
Help other travellers decide where to stay
This holiday home hasn’t got any reviews yet. The average rating on Holiday Lettings is four out of five. This place could be newly added or perhaps it’s a well kept secret. Either way, it’s time to reveal all.
You're booking with
Terre di Trente S.
85% Response rate
Calendar last updated:24 May 2015
Based in Italy