Mignon House, Central Bath Town House,
from £285 /night help
Availability Your dates are available
Apartment | 5 bedrooms | sleeps 11
MIGNON HOUSE is a comfortable 5 bedroom Grade II listed maisonette in the very centre of Bath over looking the famous Plane Tree of Abbey Green. Located in a peaceful, predominantly residential square, it is very close to the shopping centre, all major sights, great pubs, and night clubs as well as award winning restaurants. The Thermae Bath Spa is just a 3 minute walk and just a short stroll from the Theatre Royal and the Royal Crescent.
The spacious accommodation offers 5 tastefully decorated bedrooms, 3 bathrooms (2 en-suite), a large living room, well equipped kitchen and a utility room spread over three floors. The house dates back to c. 1740 and boasts many period features: sash windows, a spectacular staircase, high ceilings & chandeliers as well as a fine collection of engravings of Bath.
The living room is ideal for entertaining and relaxing with its extensive library, DVD collection and 40” TV. The well equipped kitchen is light and spacious and is situated next to the living room. The two master bedrooms have super king size pocket sprung beds which can be separated to ensure flexible sleeping arrangements. All the beds are dressed in super soft Egyptian Cotton bed linen guaranteeing a great nights sleep.
Set over 3 floors, whether you come to Bath for a break with family or friends, a girly weekend, or one of Bath many events, Mignon House provides peaceful, comfortable and spacious accommodation for up to 10 people to have a fantastic stay.
"A fantastically well equipped, comfortable home from home in the most perfect of location!"
Milk, Bread, Tea, Coffee, and a bottle of Prosecco will be there upon your arrival. All rooms have secondary glazing, an efficient central heating system and WiFi Internet.
- Ideal location for Bath Christmas Market (27th November to 14th December)
- recently awarded Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence Winner 2014,
- Probably the most centrally located Holiday Let in Bath
- Perfect Property for hosting a hen party or girly weekend.
- Professionally Cleaned
- No additional costs
|Size||Sleeps up to 11, 5 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Weston Super Mere 55 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest Amenities||100 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Bristol International Airprt 30 km, Nearest railway: Bath Spa 300 m|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 2 En suites|
|Furniture||2 Sofa beds, Single beds (6), Double beds (3), Cots (1), Dining seats for 8, Lounge seats for 8|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Further details indoors|
DESCRIPTION OF EACH FLOOR (visit http://www.mignonhouse.com)
Mignon House is a very light, warm and welcoming home furnished with high quality furniture, beds, and a fine collection of engravings and books. The apartment is carpeted and centrally heated throughout, each room has secondary glazing and free WiFi internet access.
- MEZZANINE LEVEL: Utility room with a washing machine and tumble dryer, iron and ironing board and a convenient toilet
- LIVING ROOM: The spacious period Living Room provides a delightful space for entertaining or a peaceful refuge after a busy day of sightseeing and shopping. The room boasts a vast selection of books covering a range of topics in particularly British history and especially Bath. From the living room you overlook the famous Plane Tree and inside you will find a 40" Sony flat screen TV, Hi-Fi with Ipod dock, board games and a dvd collection.
- Kitchen: A light kitchen with a large oak dining table with 8 chairs (plus an additional 3) and all the equipment you should require for making a fine feast including a Royal Worcester dining service and Portmeirion serving dishes. The kitchen contains an oven, hob, fridge/freezer, microwave.
- MEZZANINE LEVEL: Bedroom with single bed
2ND FLOOR - 2 large Bedrooms with Ensuite Bathroom -
- Two individually decorated spacious bedrooms with super king size pocket sprung beds which can be split into 2 single beds if required. Both bedrooms have ensuite bathrooms and spacious mirrored fitted wardrobes and bedside tables.
3RD FLOOR - window with a fantastic view overlooking the Abbey.
- A comfortable family bathroom with shower and bath.
- Third bedroom: King size bed (pocket sprung) with fitted cupboard, dressing table with a chair and a mirror.
- Fourth bedroom: daybed which can be extended from single to double (memory foam mattress), wardrobe.
Please Note: for the 10th and 11th guests we have comfortable futon beds - one of which goes in the Third bedroom and one in the master.
|Further details outdoors|
Step OUTSIDE MIGNON HOUSE and you are in the cobbled square of Abbey Green facing the 200 year old Plane Tree. This peaceful predominantly residential area is within a 2 minutes walk of the hustle and bustle of the main shopping centre to the right and to the left just a few steps to the Abbey and Roman Baths. Conveniently Mignon House is just a 3 minute walk to Thermae Spa.
- Close to award winning restaurants and cafe's including Sally Lunn's.
- Within a 10 minutes walk of the Train and Bus Station
- around the corner from a long stay car park
- Next to M&S food Hall and a short walk to Waitrose or Sainsburys Local - no need to worry about food!
- A stone's throw from the Roman Baths, Georgian Pump Room, Bath Abbey, Thermae Spa
- a short walk to Bath's beautiful parks
- in the middle of Christmas Market in Nov - Dec, noise free thanks to secondary glazing, only mulled wine scent...
ARRIVALS AND DEPARTURES: We welcome guests from 2.00 pm on the arrival date and ask guests to check out at 11am on the departure date. We can be flexible with times if arranged in advance. Luggage can be stored on site. Prior to arrival we will send you an information pack. ON ARRIVAL you will find milk, tea/coffee, and bread. All linen and towels are provided.
BOOKING: A deposit of 50% of the rental fee will be payable to confirm the booking and the balance should be paid 30 days before the start of your stay. Should you book less than 30 days in advance the full rental fee will be required..
CANCELLATIONS: In the unfortunate event of a cancellation we will return the full deposit if made more than 8 weeks before arrival. Guests cancelling up to 4 weeks before the start of the holiday will receive a refund of 50% of the balance payment. In case of a split payment, the booking deposit is always non-refundable. Failure to pay full amount within 30 days of stay will be be viewed as a cancellation
REFUNDABLE DAMAGE DEPOSIT: £200 will be secured against each booking and returned within 7 days of stay
PAYMENT METHODS: we accept debit/credit cards, cheque, bank transfer.
ADDITIONAL CHANGEOVER: Guests staying over 2 weeks will receive clean towels, bedding and a general cleaning after 8 days. Guests requiring extra changeovers will be charged £39 for a Double bedroom and £27 for a Single.
About this location
The Somerset region
BATH IS AN IDEAL BASE for exploring the West Country with most attractions being within an hours drive. Some exciting day trips include Stonehenge, Longleat House and Safari Park, Dyrham Park, Cheddar Gorge and quaint Cotsworld villages. Nearby interesting towns and cities include Bristol, Wells, Salisbury. Surrounded by picturesque countryside and the Kennet and Avon Canal and the River Avon, Bath makes a great starting point for walks or bike rides.
THE BEAUTIFUL AND HISTORIC CITY of Bath is a fascinating place to visit with its beautiful parks, enchanting architecture, acclaimed theatres, fabulous shopping facilities, great pubs and award winning restaurants.
Mignon House is a perfect place to stay located in a peaceful square at the very heart of Bath within a short walk of most of Bath’s many attractions and around the corner from the main shopping centre. The Roman Baths, Pump Rooms and the Natural Thermae Bath Spa are within a 5 minute walk.
All attractions listed below are within an easy walk of Mignon House.
- THERMAE BATH SPA: Britain's original and only natural thermal Spa using mineral-rich waters
- ROMAN BATHS: walk were Roman's walked in Britain's only hot spring
- THE PUMP ROOMS: Historically the social heart of Bath it is now an ideal place for afternoon teas
- PULTNEY BRIDGE: beautiful Georgian bridge and one of a three that has shops
- BATH ABBEY: for the past twelve and a half centuries Bath Abbey has been welcoming visitors
- SALLY LUNN’S: living museum and restaurant where you can try the world famous Bath Bun.
- ROYAL CRESCENT, CIRCUS and QUEEN SQUARE Striking Architecture designed by John Wood and his son.
- HOLBOURNE MUSEUM: A fine building situated at the end of Pultney Street holding a fascinating art collection
- JANE AUSTEN MUSEUM: celebrating Bath's most famous resident
About the owner
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
27 Jan 2015
Our 3rd stay in Mignon House and we still just love it. The location is superb and really makes for a wonderful stay in Bath. Paul is friendly and so accommodating. All bedrooms and bathrooms are love… More
11 Dec 2014
A group of 10 of us stayed at Mignon House last weekend. We had a fantastic visit - the property was clean and spacious, and decked out festively for our arrival - complete with a bottle of Prosecco i… More
24 Nov 2014
"Couldn't ask for a better location!"
We booked mignon house for a hen weekend for 11 people and 1 baby! Not only was the apartment beautiful and perfectly located in central Bath (all main attractions less than 5 mins walk), it was really well equipped, the beds were so comfortable with pristine white linen and the small details of Christmas decorations and tree really made our stay! Paul was so helpful to deal with both prior to and during our stay ensuring that the slightly demanding needs of our party were met. I would have absolutely no hesitation in booking this apartment again and would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a large, high quality period apartment in the centre of beautiful Bath!
24 Sep 2014
"Beautiful Place, amazing location"
A group of 10 of us stayed here for my friend's hen weekend. What a fantastic place! Amazing location, right next to the Abbey, Spa and High Street. Easily slept all 10 of us, very comfy beds, beautifully crisp bed linen, very clean throughout.
Everything you could need for a stay in Bath, well equipped living room, kitchen/diner, bedrooms and bathrooms.
Paul was brilliant throughout the weekend, couldn't do enough for us, even helped us with our bags....and we had a lot of them.
I can't rate this property highly enough.
23 Sep 2014
"Wonderful venue for a HenParty"
Booked as a Hen Weekend for 9/10 of us. House very comfortable, well equipped and ideally situated for all the many amenities Bath has to offer. It was an easy walk from the station,… More
23 Sep 2014
Lovely house for big groups, lots of bathrooms and a central enough location and very pretty square. Near to pubs too… More
13 Sep 2014
"Great House in Great City of Bath"
I rented the house from Paul entirely by email. He was very responsive to all requests. I had my four adult children with me in Bath, and the house was perfect for our needs, particularly the three … More
5 Aug 2014
"Beautiful house,perfect location,amazing weekend away"
We stayed at Mignon House as part of a Hen Weekend in Bath. We all loved the house, it is beautiful and even better than described.Its perfectly spacious and equipped with everything we needed. Paul was extremely helpful in helping us arrange our stay and made us feel very welcome. I would highly recommend Mignon house and hope to have an excuse to visit again!
21 Jul 2014
Mignon House is indeed in the most perfect location in the city of Bath. Adjacent to the Abbey, the Roman Baths, Pump Rooms, Sally Lunns and importantly for self-catering Marks and Spencer's food hall!
Easy walking distance from/to the railway and bus stations, shopping centre, fashion museum, Pulteney Bridge etc.
The house itself has amazingly comfortable beds and a well equipped kitchen a spacious lounge and is ideal for big family or group of friends.
16 Jul 2014
"Beautiful property perfectly located."
So glad to have chosen Mignon House for my hen weekend in Bath. It was perfectly located for everything we needed. Sally Lunns, Fudge Factory, Jamie Oliver's and Revolution Vodka bar. The house … More
You're booking with
- 2 Years listed
100% Response rate
Calendar last updated:26 Feb 2015
Based in United Kingdom
Credit cards accepted
- Visit site