The Firlet - 564
Apartment | 1 bedrooms | sleeps 3
- A 1 bedroom apartment, sleeps 2.
- Situated in the peaceful village of Cawsand.
- Close proximity to the village centre and beach.
- Pleasant decked area with views over the valley.
- Parking space.
The Firlet is a desirable retreat for two situated in the delightful village of Cawsand on the Rame Peninsula. It is a cosy apartment situated just a 5 minute walk from the village centre and beach and benefits from a pleasant decked area with views across to Penlee Point, Cawsand and the countryside. There is also off street parking for 2 cars.
Situated on the Rame Peninsula, the historic villages of Kingsand and Cawsand offer a haven of peace and tranquility. Relax on the beach or in one of the village pubs or cafes or take a stroll through the narrow streets of colour washed cottages and shops that follow.
Swimming, fishing, windsurfing and water skiing are all available on the beaches or you can follow the coast path through the village and the Mount Edgcumbe estate to Cremyll. In the other direction the coast path takes you round the headland to the glorious sandy beach of Whitsand Bay.
From Cawsand, and just a few minutes walk from the property, you can take a passenger ferry across to the city of Plymouth which offers an abundance of high street and independent shops, restaurants, cafes, bars, theatres and attractions to suit everyone. The Barbican and Hoe are steeped in history and are definitely worth a visit.
If you're feeling energetic then Looe and Polperro are a mere half an hour away, with Dartmoor and Bodmin Moor only a 45 minute drive away.
|Size||Sleeps up to 3, 1 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Cawsand 500 m|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||200 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Exeter 96 km, Nearest railway: Devonport 16 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||DVD player, Sea view|
|General||Central heating, CD player, Satellite TV|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||1 bedroom, 1 bathrooms of which 1 En suites|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Single beds (1), Double beds (1), Dining seats for 2, Lounge seats for 4|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Shared garden|
|Further details indoors|
- Open plan living/dining/kitchen area with views across the countryside.
- Comfy 'L' shaped four seater sofa (can convert to sofa bed) and coffee table.
- 19" Flatscreen TV with Freeview and DVD player.
- Folding dining table and chairs.
- Patio doors lead out to decked area and small balcony.
- A selection of board games, CDs, DVDs etc. are available from the owner on request.
- Newly fitted kitchen with white units and a black worktop.
- Electric oven and grill, gas hob, fridge (with freezer compartment) dishwasher, washing machine,
- Utensils and accessories include a microwave, kettle, toaster and cafetiere.
- An iron and ironing board are available from the owner on request.
- Views across the valley.
- Double bed, single bed, two bedside tables both with lamps and a wardrobe.
- En-suite with shower cubicle, w.c. and wash basin.
- En-suite to bedroom comprises a shower cubicle, w.c. and wash basin.
|Further details outdoors|
- Situated adjacent to Cawsand Fort.
- Decked patio with seating and views down to the sea - leads round to the front.
- Garden area with mature shrubs and countryside views.
- Pergola and lawned area with views to Penlee Point and Plymouth Sound.
- 5 minute walk into the village centre and beach.
- There are 6 steps and a slope (with handrail) to the entrance of the property.
- Cawsand ferry to Plymouth is a short walk away.
The West Country region
Ornwall is a popular holiday destination with nearly 700km of coastline and more than 300 beaches. Popular with all generations, its mild climate, golden beaches, dramatic Atlantic rollers and colourful past of smugglers and pirates will make your stay in Cornwall a memorable one. Whether you’re after a family holiday or a romantic getaway for two, Cornwall is the perfect place for a self-catering holiday.
Sometimes known as being in the “Forgotten Corner of Cornwall”, the twin villages of Kingsand and Cawsand have many features of traditional coastal villages, with their narrow winding streets. In the summer, the Weston Maid passenger ferry runs between Cawsand Beach and the Mayflower Steps in Plymouth for those who fancy a daytrip to the Barbican.
There is plenty to explore in the villages on foot including the independent shops, galleries and eateries. Perhaps the most recognisable feature of the villages is the Clocktower along the seafront of Kingsand which was erected to commemorate the coronation of King George V. Kingsand and Cawsand lie within the boundaries of the Mount Edgcumbe Country Park: one of four designated Country Parks in Cornwall, it is 885 acres situated on the Rame Peninsula, overlooking Plymouth Sound and the River Tamar just waiting to be discovered. You are also in the perfect place for exploring a section of one of Britains most beloved National Trails – the South West Coast Path. The Rame Penisula also hosts a part of the “Cornish Discovery Time Trail” which connects the region’s museums and historic sites including Mt Edgcumbe House.
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
You're booking with
Blue Chip Holidays (Property Manager Blue Chip Holidays)
- 7 Years listed
Based in United Kingdom
Credit cards accepted
- Visit site
- 199 properties
- 154 properties
- 149 properties
- 129 properties
- 89 properties
- 82 properties
- 70 properties
- 47 properties
- 45 properties
- 42 properties
- Whitsand Bay
- 37 properties
- 22 properties
- 20 properties
- Noss Mayo
- 16 properties
- 14 properties
- 8 properties
- 8 properties
- 7 properties
- Seaton, Cornwall
- 7 properties
- 7 properties