Farmhouse | 1 bedrooms | sleeps 3
Fattoria San Paolo is ideal both for relax or to explore unknown Tuscany with its small villages and panoramic roads.
The Apartment Quercia is ar first floor of this old farmhouse in Central Tuscany with big garden and organic swimming pool.
The apartment has living room with kitchenette, bathroom (with shower) and bedroom (sleeps 3, king size).
The guests of the apartment share the big garden with gazebo, table and chairs with the other guests of the house.
|Size||Sleeps up to 3, 1 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Cecina 50 km|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||3 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Pisa Galileo Galilei 65 km, Nearest railway: Poggibonsi 43 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|General||Central heating, TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Rooms||1 bedroom, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (1), Double beds (1), Dining seats for 4, Lounge seats for 3|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Further details indoors|
The apartment has living room with kitchenette, bathroom (with shower) and bedroom (sleeps 2, king size).
It is possible to put a small bed for kid.
The garden is shared with other guests of Fattoria San Paolo
The swimming pool is organic: no chlorine in water. Guests swim in a natural pond contest.
English-speaking owner on hand
The Tuscany region
Tuscany is one of the most famous regions in Italy.
It is worldwide well known for art cities, landscapes, food and wines. Pisa is one of the most popular art cities, but its province is mostly yet to discover. It offers both crowded beaches and silent hills, night life and country relax.
Castelnuovo Val di Cecina
Csatelnuovo Val di Cecina is a medieval village that saw its maximum growth during 19th century with borax industry. It is inside a very active geotermic area, from which at moment the national electric company produce 2% of national power production.
In Larderello, a village next to Castelnuovo, there is the Museum of Geothermy. The population of the area is very active, so many Festivals are organized from spring to late autumn.
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
4 Sep 2011
"Beautiful, cosy and "home-like" property, friendly and helpful hosts. Great home cooked pizzas and good local wine."
Together with my fiancee, we spent one week in Tuscany and we were accommodated in Fattoria San Paolo, Quercia apartment. As soon as we arrived there we realized that it was the best choice we could make for this part of our vacation.
- a car is recommended for the following because the nearest shops, supermarkets are a few km away; rented bikes could be a good option too for the aficionados - beautiful scenery, low traffic even in august.
- the property is located in the middle of Tuscany with easy access to tourist hot spots and (almost one hour drive to San Gimignano, Voltera, Siena, Monteriggioni, etc...)
- also about 1h and 30min drive to Pisa and Florence
- around the property there is a bunch of small, medieval villages that also deserve attention. I recommend a walking tour through all villages here. You will find almost empty streets during midday, charming Italian locals and small "osterias" where you can enjoy a great local meal or a delicious cappuccino.
About the property:
- the apartments are in a charming Italian, old style, building. Next to the main building there is another small building used as small family restaurant for dinner on Thursdays to Saturdays.
- the advertisement is 100% accurate
- spacious and cosy apartment; we felt like home
- wireless internet access available
- parking available
- the apartment has everything that it needs to make your stay as comfortable as possible. If you feel that you miss something just ask Chiara and she will help you. We asked her one day to about a washing machine and she said: "don't worry. just had me the clothes and I'll take care of them". Next day we found the clothes neatly folded waiting in a bag in front of your apartment.
- the property is environment friendly - they use solar panels for electricity
About the small restaurant:
- open on evenings Thursday to Saturday
- they cook local dishes, and they are delicious
- the best pizza I ever tasted. Absolutely delicious
- very good local wine
- the prices were more than affordable
- and the best proof that this is a good restaurant is that I saw plenty of local people coming here for dinner.
- PS: try the 4fromaggi and the deserts
To conclude (because I could continue on writing for a while about this): Chiara and her husband are really friendly people. I hope we can make some time every year to visit them, at least for a few days. This place really "charges your batteries". I will definitely recommend it to all my friends and to everybody that is interested in vacation in Tuscany.
You need to pay through the Holiday Lettings website to ensure your payment is protected. We can’t protect your payment if you don’t pay through us.Learn more
You're booking with
- 4 Years listed
85% Response rate
Calendar last updated:08 Aug 2014
Based in Italy
- San Gimignano
- 322 properties
- Casole d'Elsa
- 139 properties
- 114 properties
- Colle di Val d'Elsa
- 82 properties
- 74 properties
- 68 properties
- 61 properties
- 54 properties
- Massa Marittima
- 44 properties
- Monteverdi Marittimo
- 38 properties
- San Carlo Terme
- 35 properties
- 30 properties
- 25 properties
- Montecatini Val di Cecina
- 25 properties
- Castelnuovo Val di Cecina
- 18 properties
- 17 properties
- 13 properties
- 9 properties
- 8 properties
- Gracciano di Colle Val d'Elsa
- 8 properties