Characterful trullo with pool
Trullo | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 6
This beautifully restored Trullo and adjoining Lamia provides spacious and luminous accommodation for those wanting to experience a natural and authentic holiday experience. This uniquely southern Italian property provides comfortable 2 bed-roomed accommodation for 4 people plus a double sofa bed for extra family members and friends.
The contemporary décor and furnishings blend well with the sympathetically restored historic parts of the house.
The large and luminous lounge with duel aspect doors overlooking countryside.
The front double door leads out onto the covered pergola and outside eating area where there is a tantalising glimpse of the sea on the horizon.
The comfortable twin bedroom with wardrobe and drawers and below a view from the roof terrace. The roof terrace provides 360 degree views of the surrounding countryside.
Trullo Sotto Le Stelle stands in a tranquil and panoramic position amidst acres of Olive, Cherry and Almond trees, this house is ideally located for exploring the many and varied attractions of this part of Puglia. Not to be missed is the Trulli town of Alberobello, now a World Heritage site, a short 7 Km drive away.
The Grottoes of Castellana just 5 minutes away are famous for their beautiful caverns and rock formations. If bathing is your pleasure then the thermal springs and calm clear waters of the Adriatic coast are only a twenty minute
scenic drive away.
We strongly recommend this property to who is looking for a very quiet, typical, charming, comfortable self-catering house in the heart of Valle d'Itria, with great compromise between price and conditions!
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Monopoli - Lido Pantano 15 km|
|Nearest Amenities||5 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Bari Palese 50 km, Nearest railway: Alberobello 5 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player, Boat available, Sea view|
|General||Central heating, Air conditioning, TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms, Solarium or roof terrace|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Single beds (2), Double beds (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 6|
|Outdoors||Private garden, BBQ|
|Further details indoors|
Sleeps: 6 (4+2)
The Puglia/Molise region
Puglia is a wonderful area to consider. It offers at least one excellent archaeological museum, a host of cathedrals dating back to the 10th century, Greek and Roman ruins, a gleaming necklace of lively fishing villages, one of Europe's largest forests, a chain of medieval hill towns, and some of the very cleanest beaches and water in the Mediterranean.
Monopoli is a very nice town on the sea, famous, apart for its beaches and clean waters, also for its baroque churches.
What to see:
- CATHEDRAL - it is one of the most attractive examples of Baroque in the entire Apulian region. Its imposing monumental front is flanked on the left by an elegant bell tower that has markedly projecting cornices separating its floors. Notable is the Byzantine icon portraying the Madonna della Madia - legend tells that the sacred image was washed up from the sea on a stack of trunks, that were then used for the building of the trussed roof - very well-preserved and of fine workmanship, it dates from 1280.
- SANTA MARIA DEGLI AMALFITANI - a Romanesque building erected at the beginning of the twelfth century on a pre-existing rock settlement.
- ABBEY OF SANTO STEFANO a fortified complex built in 1086, the remains of an old church survive in the inner courtyard, still inside there are the visible remains of the Roman settlement of Turris Paola, one of the landing places for nearby Egnazia.
- CASTLE bounded on three sides by the sea and protected on the fourth by a moat that no longer exists, it was used as a prison until the beginning of the twentieth century, the castle has been recently restored and today houses the Municipal Archaeological Museum on its first floor.
- PURGATORIO CHURCH with images of skeletons on its doors. Inside you will find familiar Baroque interior but on the adjusting chapel you will find mummies of some local citizens. If the church is closed then you can watch some of the mummies through the street window.
- PALAZZO PALMIERI central square of the Centro Storico.
- MADONNA DEL SOCCORSO CHURCH old grotto with frescoes was dug out of a natural cavity in the rock.
It consists of 99 districts (?contrade?) characterized by the presence of ?Masserie Fortificate? of ancient Roman origin, Rupestrian Churches, neo-classic villas and houses.
The outstanding landscape consists of almond and olive trees, apart from fruit trees of all sort and vegetables cultivation.
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
26 Aug 2013
"A truly astonishing, tranquil and fun place with a great support team"
My family (Wife, 2 sons 10 n 15 yrs, and sister-in-law) visited this absolutely fabulous Trullo with fantastic hillside views, pristine pool, surrounded by lovely Olive, Almond and Cherry trees. The W… More
Thank you so much for your kind words! We enjoyed having you as our guests at Trullo Sotto Le Stelle and especially Rosanna sends you her best wishes, she claims to have experienced a very special evening with you during the cooking experience! and she thanks you for that!
Take care and please visit us again soon!
Kindest regards the entire staff of HelloApulia
20 Jun 2013
"Een heerlijk weekje in Zuid Italie - onvergetelijk"
In de mei vakantie zijn we een weekje naar dit huis geweest. Ronduit fantastisch ! Een prachtig uitzicht en enorm veel privacy. Het water van het zwembad was nog een beetje koud maar dat maakte niets … More
Bedankt voor jullie vriendelijke feedback en wij hopen jullie snel weer terug te zien!
Marijke en de staff van HelloApulia
You need to pay through the Holiday Lettings website to ensure your payment is protected. We can’t protect your payment if you don’t pay through us.Learn more
You're booking with
Hello Apulia (Property Manager HelloApulia)
- 5 Years listed
Calendar last updated:28 Aug 2014
Based in Italy
Credit cards accepted
- 417 properties
- 156 properties
- Martina Franca
- 107 properties
- Polignano a Mare
- 90 properties
- 82 properties
- Ceglie Messapica
- 77 properties
- 68 properties
- 64 properties
- 61 properties
- Castellana Grotte
- 57 properties
- 51 properties
- 40 properties
- 20 properties
- 16 properties
- Marina di Ginosa
- 12 properties
- Castellaneta Marina
- 8 properties
- 8 properties
- Francavilla Fontana
- 7 properties
- Leporano Marina
- 7 properties
- Mola di Bari
- 6 properties