House | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 7
BOOK NOW for your Spring and Summer holiday 2014.
Whether you are a family, friends or a couple wanting to take time out or in need of adventure, our maison is perfect for exploring this beautiful part of France. With easy access to all amenities, historical Carcassonne, wineries, beautiful walking country, swimming lakes, beaches, mountains, golf courses, historical sites and fantastic roads for motor biking; there is something for everyone. If you decide to stay in and cook a delicious meal, get fresh ingredients from one of the many markets, accompanied with a sumptuous bottle of wine from the local winery, and eat alfresco in the beautiful courtyard. With large rooms, wood floors and exposed beams throughout, and its original staircase, the house has been sympathetically decorated with the all the comforts of a modern home.
Our house is your home away from home; with fully equipped kitchen, iPod player, WiFi, sat TV and much more.
|Size||Sleeps up to 7, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Lake Cavayère 9.4 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||100 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Carcassonne 11 km, Nearest railway: Carcassonne 8.5 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, CD player, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 2 En suites|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Single beds (2), Double beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 5|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Private garden, BBQ|
|Further details indoors|
• Sleeps 6 + 1 child in cot.
• First floor room has a king size bed, a small baby room with cot and changing table, and an ensuite bathroom.
• Second floor room has two single beds (which can be put together to make one king size) + a bed sofa that
sleeps two and an ensuite bathroom
• Flat screen TV, Sat TV and iPod docking station.
• Board games, DVDs and books.
• Fully equipped kitchen with everything you need for cooking including oyster knife and forks, coffee maker and electric hand blender.
• Children’s cutlery and place settings.
• Changing table, baby bath and stairgate.
• Separate laundry and downstairs toilet.
• Large baths for long soaks.
• Make-up mirrors in each ensuite.
• In addition to central heating there are gas stoves to keep you warm and cosy.
• Freestanding fans and ceiling fan to keep you cool.
• Please note you need to bring your own beach towels.
|Further details outdoors|
• Across from the courtyard you will find a secure barn where you can park a couple of motorbikes and bicycles.
• You can drive your car straight up to the front door to unload and then there is ample street parking around the
• The courtyard has a gas barbecue with wooden garden furniture and with seating for 6 adults.
• Retractable clothes line in the courtyard.
• We provide you with a few things to get you started; tea, coffee, coffee filters, sugar, UHT milk, dish washing liquid, dishwasher tablets, salt, black pepper, balsamic vinegar, garbage bags and olive oil. There are also hand wash in all the bathrooms.
• A bottle of local wine upon arrival.
• Check-in after 4pm and check-out 10am.
• English and French-speaking representative on hand to answer any questions.
• We also speak Swedish.
The Languedoc-Roussillon region
With its Mediterranean climate, mountains, lakes, long open stretches of sandy beaches, fairytale villages, vineyards, golf, fishing, skiing, canoeing, good food & wine, markets, lots of history and friendly laid back atmosphere, Languedoc has something to offer for everyone. It is the new Provence, but without the crowds. And whilst you are here, why not take a relaxing drive into Spain, after all it is only a day trip away. Languedoc is the biggest wine region in the world with vineyards as far as the eye can see so spend some time sampling the local wines.
Conques-sur-Orbiel is located just outside Carcassonne - 10 minutes drive. The village has a post office, cashpoint, food store (with cheese and meat counter), newsagent, a bakery, public swimming pool & tennis court, a pizzeria, a restaurant and a cafe all within walking distance. A large supermarket is only five minutes drive and the village gets once a week visits from the dairy farmer, butcher and fish monger. There is also a stream for fishing.
To see and do
Visit the medieval citadel of Carcassonne. Explore Cathar castles - Chateau de Peyreperteuse perhaps the most impressive. Visit one of the many lovely historical villages - Minerve, Mirepoix, Rennes-le-Château. Take a trip to Collioure - an old beautiful fishing port with a castle, art galleries, shops and good restaurants.
For everything from food to jewellery, visit one of the many local markets - Carcassonne, Limoux, Narbonne, Mirepoix. The are many good restaurants in the area. For a reasonable priced meal, we can recommend La Courtine located at 4 Place Marcou, La Cité, Carcassonne and for something special Domaine Gayda 11300 Brugairolles and A la Prise d'Alzeau near Lacombe.
Swim in the thermal swimming pool at Rennes-les-Bain or head off to Lake Cavayere or Lac du Montagne. Bring a picnic, rent a canoe and gently paddle on Canal-du-Midi. Build sand castles at one of the many beautiful beaches in the area.
For the children and the young at heart - Go gokarting, visit Australia Park, Meze Dinosaur Park and Réserve Africaine de Sigean - one of Europe's largest wild animal parks.
Play golf at nearby course in Carcassonne, explore Canal du Midi by renting a bike, strolling along its banks, by taking a guided boat trip or why not go fishing. If you like walking and hiking, there are many lovely tracks in the area. In winter, go for a day trip to the nearby ski slopes.
There are a number of events throughout the year in Carcassonne: May - Jazz week. 19 June to 3 Aug - Festival of the Cité and Festival of the Bastide - opera, dance, theatre and music events. The Cité set ablaze – Fireworks on the night of 14 July. August - Spanish Week. December - the Magic of Christmas.