House | 3 bedrooms | sleeps 8
Maison Caramany is a beautifully renovated and furnished house with two sun terraces located in the small and idyllic hilltop village of Caramany (pop 150). River swimming, the Med, Cathar castles, wine touring and Perpignan airport are all less than 1hr away. Maison Caramany is ideal for those looking to relax and unwind, but excellently located as a base for activities in area.
|Size||Sleeps up to 8, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Canet Plage 40 km|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||12 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Perpignan 35 km, Nearest railway: Perpignan|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Log fire, Internet access, DVD player|
|General||TV, Video player, CD player, Telephone, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms, Solarium or roof terrace|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Single beds (1), Double beds (2), Dining seats for 8, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, BBQ, Private fishing lake or river|
|Further details indoors||
- The ground floor has a living room with large and comfortable sofa bed. Privacy is good, making it viable for adult use. There is a collection of over 50 films, dozens of books including on the area, and plenty of games for adults and children alike. The dining table can comfortably accommodate 6 people or 8 for good friends. Also on this floor is the kitchen, WC and Big bedroom (double) with its own lounge area for reading or watching films.
- The first floor has the Middle bedroom (double) with its own sink unit, the Small bedroom (single) with an extra pull out bed and the large bathroom with both a deliciously comfortable bath and a stylish shower room. Leading off the bathroom is a south facing terrace.
- The second floor has another larger terrace.
|Further details outdoors||
- The larger terrace on the second floor is where you will happily spend a lot of your time. Sunny and with a fabulous view of the village, it has a table, 6 chairs and a parasol, plus a barbecue.
- WiFi internet: please bring your own laptop or device.
- No smoking except on terraces.
- Pets allowed at additional £75 per week.
- PLEASE CLICK ON MY WEBSITE BELOW TO KNOW MORE ABOUT MAISON CARAMANY, SEE MORE PHOTOS, ETC.
The Languedoc-Roussillon region
Along with the Cote d'Azur, this is the part of the country which gets more sunshine than elsewhere in France. With easy access to the sea and river swimming, it is perfect for sunbathers and water-lovers.
Historically, the area is famous for the Cathars, a breakaway faith from the Catholic church. Cruelly put down, retracing this sad chapter of history through the numerous Cathar castles in the area is fascinating.
Languedoc-Roussillon is France's biggest wine producing region. The quality and price of the wine in this still largely underexposed area will be a very pleasant shock.
Many different sports activities possible including scuba diving, canyoning, mountain biking, bike hire, sea kayaking, fishing (sea or river), windsurfing, kite surfing, horse riding, etc.
Caramany is a haven for those looking to wind down. With a population of 150 and next to no traffic, village life is simple, intimate and peaceful. Madame Aubert pulls up every morning on the square in her little white van, selling baguettes, croissants and cakes.
Pop into the “Mairie” (Mayor’s office) to see if there’s an upcoming fete or petanque (French boules) tournament you can join in with. Pick up a map there which outlines walks in the surrounding hills. Have a drink and game of pool with the villagers at Patrick’s café a few doors up. Enjoy a barbecue on the terrace of Maison Caramany or take a picnic to the belvedere outside the village which offers breathtaking views of the lake below.
All this will make you realise just how fast our lives have become.